World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

For anyone who wants the wallpapers, they are here.

The point of them is there is nothing in there screamingly bright. They are all free from the web so nothing stolen. There are only .jpg files, no executables, so no danger from them. They will only be there for 30 days.

Last edited:
Could you let me know your thoughts please. Thinking of making the exact same move as Amex have some cashback on offer at the moment taking the price down to £750.
Sorry i have only just seen, but have had the monitor since the 29th, came early. I am more than happy I paid £850. It is as big a leap in visual quality as when I went from a 2070 to a 3070. Games like total war warhammer 3 look insane.UW is far more immersive then I expected, and not at all oversized or too large.
Colours look so much more saturated, life-like, beautiful. I used a 55" lg b8 as a monitor for a few months before I got the lg. The size was obviously much better, but the colour sat and black levels made me sob. The qd oled is better. My friend who plays on his ps4 on his oled came round and just sat playing in awe.
Worst that could happen is you don't like it and send it back!

Again sorry for late reply, but at least I've had a good play with it over a wide expanse of games, so can give you a solid recommendation.

That LG curve looks very cool but I had to laugh at the marketing photos they're using with people in them, they're so clearly not using that monitor.

Looking at getting the LG OLED Flex or the Samsung 49inch OLED that is due to be released. Currently have an Dell alienware 38 inch ultra wide and the Dell QD-LED sitting on my desk and want to move to the just the 1 monitor on desk.

It will be most likely that i get the LD OLED Flex.

I am in the same situation, but I am not getting rid of the 38 simply because of the clearer text. Also, I really wanted the extra ease of driving the lower resolution of the 34 in games. Having two monitors is win win for me. The only difficulty was working out how to actually use two properly.

How do you have yours currently setup?

I actually have an L shape desk with a monitor, keyboard and mouse on each branch of the L. Each monitor has it's own keyboard and mouse plugged in to the USB hub in the monitor. Each monitor has a mains switch on the desk. To shift I literally turn one monitor off and then turn other on. Power to the mouse and keyboard disappear as the monitor shuts off. Surprisingly Windows thinks this is fine and gets everything right. Even I was surprised how well it works. It literally takes two seconds to go from business mode to gaming mode!!
It seems nuts but I really didn't want to throw the 38 away or sell it. It's still a fine monitor.

Last edited:
Connected my pc to my LG CX to try stretch my new GPU and now I just REALLY want a 4k screen. It is so much better looking for games.

My only option is the C2 though really. I'm not having a 27-in poxy 4K monitor for more than that cost.

Don't get me wrong. This is a great monitor but I bought it with the intention of it being temporary until something 4k came out. Just now I'm thinking of using the TV instead.

Scrap that, forgot the LGs are only 120hz.

Last edited:
I actually have an L shape desk with a monitor, keyboard and mouse on each branch of the L. Each monitor has it's own keyboard and mouse plugged in to the USB hub in the monitor. Each monitor has a mains switch on the desk. To shift I literally turn one monitor off and then turn other on. Power to the mouse and keyboard disappear as the monitor shuts off. Surprisingly Windows thinks this is fine and gets everything right. Even I was surprised how well it works. It literally takes two seconds to go from business mode to gaming mode!!
It seems nuts but I really didn't want to throw the 38 away or sell it. It's still a fine monitor.

Would you mind providing a link to your desk please, as I've had the same idea about setting up 2 separate environments?

Mine doesn't show as a USB hub odd. However, I don't think it shows as an LCD monitor either lol.
I'm not entirely sure why I bothered plug in that USB thing in. I don't even know what it does.

Last edited:
You have 4x USB 3.2 ports to make use of, two at the back by the ports and two on the bezel underside left of the joystick. They are super convenient so make sure the uplink cable to the PC is plugged into a USB 3.2 port on your mobo as many mobos have all 3 sets of USB standards at the back these days.

You have 4x USB 3.2 ports to make use of, two at the back by the ports and two on the bezel underside left of the joystick. They are super convenient so make sure the uplink cable to the PC is plugged into a USB 3.2 port on your mobo as many mobos have all 3 sets of USB standards at the back these days.

I never noticed them! The ones by the ports yes but not the underneath ones thanks. Yet now I recall you saying you used one to charge a torch or something.

yup I use it to charge torch, wireless mouse/kb when they are low and for USB sticks and other stuff. Quite useful.

Connected my pc to my LG CX to try stretch my new GPU and now I just REALLY want a 4k screen. It is so much better looking for games.

My only option is the C2 though really. I'm not having a 27-in poxy 4K monitor for more than that cost.

Don't get me wrong. This is a great monitor but I bought it with the intention of it being temporary until something 4k came out. Just now I'm thinking of using the TV instead.

Scrap that, forgot the LGs are only 120hz.
Funnily enough I have a CX and this monitor hooked up to my PC, but I tend to use my ultrawide more really, between the higher refresh rate and the better 100% window brightness in HDR.

Back
Top Bottom