World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

After comparing the Apr2022 and Dec2022 manufactured aw3423dw, only difference in packaging is they now include a micro fibre cloth - the bubble wrap around the screen still leaves marks after all these months they haven't fixed it, they just give you a cloth now and tell you to clean the screen. Calibration report looks pretty similiar. The Dec2022 model is on firmware MOB103
This happened to my first DWF, it seems the tape holding the protective foam over the screen had come unstuck from the frame and stuck to the screen leaving an uncleanable mark, i raised it straight away and received a replacement within a few day, they collected the faulty one. The new one did not suffer the same issue.

I tried distilled water to clean using the supplied cloth and then Isopropyl alcohol (at direction of dell support) and neither did anything to resolve the issue.

I wonder if the calibration is done after its been initially packaged so someone is removing this and then reattaching post calibration leading to some instances of screen surface damage?

Last edited:
This happened to my first DWF, it seems the tape holding the protective foam over the screen had come unstuck from the frame and stuck to the screen leaving an uncleanable mark, i raised it straight away and received a replacement within a few day, they collected the faulty one. The new one did not suffer the same issue.

I tried distilled water to clean using the supplied cloth and then Isopropyl alcohol (at direction of dell support) and neither did anything to resolve the issue.

I wonder if the calibration is done after its been initially packaged so someone is removing this and then reattaching post calibration leading to some instances of screen surface damage?
thanks for the heads up re cleaning the screen, my DWF comes mon/Tuesday, so will check the screen cover straight away, hoping it arrives not stuck to the screen :rolleyes:

After comparing the Apr2022 and Dec2022 manufactured aw3423dw, only difference in packaging is they now include a micro fibre cloth - the bubble wrap around the screen still leaves marks after all these months they haven't fixed it, they just give you a cloth now and tell you to clean the screen. Calibration report looks pretty similiar. The Dec2022 model is on firmware MOB103

Luckily my replacement didn't have any bubble wrap marks, so I think it's quite hit & miss. What I did notice is that the menu joystick and power button feel a lot "cheaper". You can feel the edges on transition between the translucent lit section and the black centre plastic on the power button, and the joystick has a lot of play in it; still works fine, just doesn't feel as well put together as my original.

I can confirm the new monitor still has the bug where waking the monitor up from standby puts the creator mode color profile into DCI-P3 if Eco mode is on and you have to change it back to SRGB unless you have Eco mode off then it won't revert to DCI-P3 everytime the monitor turns on from standby. So the newest mob103 firmware doesn't fix it.

I'm having a minor issue with mine now, popped hdr on for a game etc, now after turning it off everytime I launch a game then exit, it black screens for several seconds then displays the dp input on the screen.

Unfortunately I just found a bright pixel on the new dw. I'm wondering if I should ask for a 3rd replacement or not. It's just a hassle setting up a large screen like this and sending the old one back

The previous aw had a bright pixel as well so I just think it's common with these however on the old one the pixel was off to the side, this new one it's almost dead in the centre of the screen.

So far so good though, it hasn't become frozen yet when going into hdr but time will tell

Last edited:
Just had mine swapped due to one stuck red pixel. Thought the replacement was great up until it started to randomly flash black or lose signal for a split second. Seems to be a more common issue upon googling!

Oh well, this one will be going back for a replacement.......

On another note, the replacement doesn't feel as well built? toggle button is more flimsy and the on/off button also has more play. nothing major but bit sneaky to drop the quality over time.

I've had that thing where it goes black for a split second on both but it's quite rare maybe happens like once every few days for me. The other thing that can happen is a horizontal line of green pixels suddenly flashes across the bottom of the screen and again both monitors have this, but again it's quite rare and maybe I should try a different DP cable

The buttons feel the same to me they look the same as well

Last edited:
This definitely a bright/stick pixel or is it classified as dead?

When I zoom out it looks like a red dot on a white background but when I take a close up macro shot it looks like the green and blue sub pixels are dead leaving just the red one turned on

Last edited:
My first one had a stuck red pixel, didn't always show up, depended on the colour being displayed . Tried all sorts to try to unstick it but nothing worked.

I've just tried a new displayport cable, it's slightly better but still results in a random black/grey flicker every 5 minutes or so.

A06 revision made in July, here's hoping I get a more recent one.

What the hell is this, looks bit like burn in but this is a really weird pattern. I've not left anything on the screen for any period of time. I am very careful about leaving things in the same position and my wallpaper is changed often.

It is not as visible as this to the naked eye but it is noticeable.

IMG20230203145138.jpg

What the hell is this, looks bit like burn in but this is a really weird pattern. I've not left anything on the screen for any period of time. I am very careful about leaving things in the same position and my wallpaper is changed often.

It is not as visible as this to the naked eye but it is noticeable.

IMG20230203145138.jpg
What the? Kind of looks like a map.

would love this monitor could anybody please help me with a code? the voucher codes i had have expired :eek:, i had
MyVoucherCodes8MON for 8 percent off, please help a fellow pc overclockers member in these tuff times

So I noticed this problem a few weeks ago and ran a panel refresh and it did not make any difference... I've just ran another panel refresh and it actually seems to have improved it to the point where it is now barely noticeable... I think that the refresh maybe did not run properly last time I used it.

I don't know if this is related but... The power light is supposed to flash red when doing a panel refresh and green when it is doing a pixel refresh, is that right? I am 99% sure it was doing that before. Because I've just done both and it just kept cycling colours like it does when on. Going to give the monitor a power cycle and see if that helps the LED situation.

Image of it after refresh... You can still see some of the discolouration on the left hand side but it is nowhere near as noticeable.
-VeGSIFLBHEcE4Sa6TFRN_xaOseRBOop-j2VNjQTgl8u6Av7IqpEp09ZYiF7PaQCOADZfxIY4MyNT0W3QtOAptocO7j2ruc2ZmkoFBFBZTaR9LakNj8rf2vHSTwdjIvIdW35iGkaHC7fGg4GJyw4216V7sVIjOzotoGHiG1p62R3rHAZDQThujQJADySWBldHzxv0gIIrlMLmmjyuZwFGsPOsbPGyFXgMw0QaEmp0WhWZfd0UUELjRefRfKTKCTAuJqwubHihCZX-N6qM-k9Cfs0Ess69chspgaNuc6z4lO_5d8jhxhpTx-FfwcNbFvdVzd_XfB6isUpgJhu1YoyMUIOIIR3ZLrCD_b63lsua6EVY1xopCPCh1RkQJ_AneON0KltYcglBO0ztw8zQtQbSN1ABMiybnM8goW87_aDgM7nMpWiUeg_QqrxTgkN-WapzZcXxgM8AYVhGdS9QnK5_ShEIuSE0dgHijjjbomepVU5fpLwocGgMGfMJerEQKRvzkrM1mFIWUVQzYj9_r-yj2-YbItG1j0ZHyo5RYXFjCwqw934mv99YNJGICVvcBWq9WBbPge3UNk64Gu_TLKCCrMqA3wE56i9Q27cAHt15it0HX-J3k0f3WBNviw6j_zPNwFYXwy8zSe-knqRHRqAaJPgbtXH6v-jrgFxY4tAmhg-d3M2hEsB9HgB-oBh8v-UEU4SKXv9EVJypuLdQqUFL5p4prjneyz87oyXsMRtGonPIIWLFyOebF4a5NsQlBcBqF8KR5pC9TAvMy39pHH9xBrqaiUTTgAXyJpbtrHPPpPDK2lGLuFvhbe5irxNeRey9xntfpnauwtKWRkkOFbfhhpce4JqkOZSetcDS4VpUZurfS1-sEkASNznuJFNySNg8cfwvFFS2tRw1SBF6xbYwy7jK2x1vXAD-66kfniEt6RR8g=w1610-h1207-no

It looks weird. It's not burn in, burn in is almost always a Symmetrical shape from a logo, UI, HUD, icons etc. it's not banding because banding is vertical or horizontal straight lines across the screen.

This has the shape of liquid, like if I spilled some coffee over half of the thing you might expect it to have a similar shape. I would RMA as has been suggested, something is wrong with though not sure what

Edit: ahh yeah it looks much better now, maybe just keep an eye on it

Last edited:
It looks weird. It's not burn in, burn in is almost always a Symmetrical shape from a logo, UI, HUD, icons etc. it's not banding because banding is vertical or horizontal straight lines across the screen.

This has the shape of liquid, like if I spilled some coffee over half of the thing you might expect it to have a similar shape. I would RMA as has been suggested, something is wrong with though not sure what

Edit: ahh yeah it looks much better now, maybe just keep an eye on it
Yea, that's what I thought and I could not think of anything that has been on my screen in that is anywhere near that shape.

I think maybe it just has to do with average pixel usage and maybe temperature across the screen affecting pixels differently, maybe some part is getting warmer than others? Either way I think maybe the pixel refresh might not have been running as it should have.

Back
Top Bottom