World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

So I noticed this problem a few weeks ago and ran a panel refresh and it did not make any difference... I've just ran another panel refresh and it actually seems to have improved it to the point where it is now barely noticeable... I think that the refresh maybe did not run properly last time I used it.

I don't know if this is related but... The power light is supposed to flash red when doing a panel refresh and green when it is doing a pixel refresh, is that right? I am 99% sure it was doing that before. Because I've just done both and it just kept cycling colours like it does when on. Going to give the monitor a power cycle and see if that helps the LED situation.

Image of it after refresh... You can still see some of the discolouration on the left hand side but it is nowhere near as noticeable.
-VeGSIFLBHEcE4Sa6TFRN_xaOseRBOop-j2VNjQTgl8u6Av7IqpEp09ZYiF7PaQCOADZfxIY4MyNT0W3QtOAptocO7j2ruc2ZmkoFBFBZTaR9LakNj8rf2vHSTwdjIvIdW35iGkaHC7fGg4GJyw4216V7sVIjOzotoGHiG1p62R3rHAZDQThujQJADySWBldHzxv0gIIrlMLmmjyuZwFGsPOsbPGyFXgMw0QaEmp0WhWZfd0UUELjRefRfKTKCTAuJqwubHihCZX-N6qM-k9Cfs0Ess69chspgaNuc6z4lO_5d8jhxhpTx-FfwcNbFvdVzd_XfB6isUpgJhu1YoyMUIOIIR3ZLrCD_b63lsua6EVY1xopCPCh1RkQJ_AneON0KltYcglBO0ztw8zQtQbSN1ABMiybnM8goW87_aDgM7nMpWiUeg_QqrxTgkN-WapzZcXxgM8AYVhGdS9QnK5_ShEIuSE0dgHijjjbomepVU5fpLwocGgMGfMJerEQKRvzkrM1mFIWUVQzYj9_r-yj2-YbItG1j0ZHyo5RYXFjCwqw934mv99YNJGICVvcBWq9WBbPge3UNk64Gu_TLKCCrMqA3wE56i9Q27cAHt15it0HX-J3k0f3WBNviw6j_zPNwFYXwy8zSe-knqRHRqAaJPgbtXH6v-jrgFxY4tAmhg-d3M2hEsB9HgB-oBh8v-UEU4SKXv9EVJypuLdQqUFL5p4prjneyz87oyXsMRtGonPIIWLFyOebF4a5NsQlBcBqF8KR5pC9TAvMy39pHH9xBrqaiUTTgAXyJpbtrHPPpPDK2lGLuFvhbe5irxNeRey9xntfpnauwtKWRkkOFbfhhpce4JqkOZSetcDS4VpUZurfS1-sEkASNznuJFNySNg8cfwvFFS2tRw1SBF6xbYwy7jK2x1vXAD-66kfniEt6RR8g=w1610-h1207-no

You can't miss a panel refresh cus it asks you before it does it! But yes, the power light flashes while its going on and then once it's finished it switches off.
It looked like a nature type background! If it is that then change the wallpaper more often. I think I have mine on "every 10 minutes".

Last edited:
Was doing the windows HDR calibration on the new aw3423dw and noticed highlights clipping between 930 and 950nits. Checked graphics menu in windows settings and in there it also says the monitor has peak brightness of 950 nits.

This is 100 nits lower than my first monitor. Anyone else come across this?

Last edited:
Was doing the windows HDR calibration on the new aw3423dw and noticed highlights clipping between 930 and 950nits. Checked graphics menu in windows settings and in there it also says the monitor has peak brightness of 950 nits.

This is 100 nits lower than my first monitor. Anyone else come across this?

I have only had one monitor but that falls in exactly the same level as mine.

I actually have all funds on hand and ready to pounce on a new QD-OLED screen, but neither screen (Dell AW F or the Samsung) currently give me confidence in grabbing them with the amount of minor issues that just keep getting reported on here and elsewhere. I might need to wait for next gen or for later on when they work out all the issues. So annoying. :(

On another note, the replacement doesn't feel as well built? toggle button is more flimsy and the on/off button also has more play. nothing major but bit sneaky to drop the quality over time.

Yeah, definitely something I noticed as well with my replacement! Like you say, it doesn't really matter as long as the screen itself is up to scratch

I actually have all funds on hand and ready to pounce on a new QD-OLED screen, but neither screen (Dell AW F or the Samsung) currently give me confidence in grabbing them with the amount of minor issues that just keep getting reported on here and elsewhere. I might need to wait for next gen or for later on when they work out all the issues. So annoying. :(

That will probably be a futile wait as there will likely be issues with newer models.

That will probably be a futile wait as there will likely be issues with newer models.
I know, but I unlike two months ago when I grabbed the rest of my system, when everything in life felt like it was running smoothly (The Force was with me to so speak), right now, it doesn't quite feel like that. And I just get the feeling I'm going to need to do a lot of running around to sort it out afterwards... *sigh*

I know, but I unlike two months ago when I grabbed the rest of my system, when everything in life felt like it was running smoothly (The Force was with me to so speak), right now, it doesn't quite feel like that. And I just get the feeling I'm going to need to do a lot of running around to sort it out afterwards... *sigh*

People are louder when they have a problem so even though you're reading about them here they are not causing more issues than any other monitor.
I've had no problems at all with mine and I'm very happy with it

People are louder when they have a problem so even though you're reading about them here they are not causing more issues than any other monitor.
I've had no problems at all with mine and I'm very happy with it

This is very true, I have had no issues whatsoever with mine.

Oh I can absolutely hear fan noise and pretending to not would be completely disingenuous.
Not really an issue if I'm playing games but like today when I'm just working and there is no background noise (other than the fan) I can hear it.

Oh I can absolutely hear fan noise and pretending to not would be completely disingenuous.
Not really an issue if I'm playing games but like today when I'm just working and there is no background noise (other than the fan) I can hear it.
Yeah, fan noise will irritate the heck out of me given the lengths I went to silence this current and the old rig. It'll be fine when I leave it on overnight when it's processing stuff during deep learning cycles (so fans go from inaudible to audible), but I'm not even sitting at the machine then, so the monitor won't even be on.

This means the I'll need to lean towards the Samsung model as that one lacks a fan. The only thing is, it costs more than the F, and the stand is apparently a little unstable potentially. Will have to look a bit more into that and ask around for more details of that. Last thing I want is for it to topple and needing to write off £1.3k. :(

Yep, mine is totally silent, the stand presents no risk of toppling. Plus the Samsung, if you're into viewing streaming services in glorious HDR10+ has a greater versatility..

How long is the warranty though and the burn-in warranty on the Samsung?
I can see the appeal but from what I've seen it's only a maximum of a year.:/

Last edited:
I can see the appeal but from what I've seen it's only a maximum of a year.:/ non existent.

Fixed that for you. I wouldn't wish dealing with Scamsung for a warranty claim on my worst enemy.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
I can see the appeal but from what I've seen it's only a maximum of a year.:/
As previously reported all Samsung OLED monitors have a three year warranty for consumers and Samsung have been replacing QD-OLED displays that have suffered from burn in. Although this issue is extremely rare and the only claims to date have been from those who have abused their screens. This is after following the very large S95B thread in a US forum and I would say there's been three cases at best over the time that device has been out.
Put it into perspective, there's been over 350,000 QD-OLED televisions sold in the last year so more than any other manufacturer.

Obviously Haggisman has had a negative experience and that is what drives his opinion. However if you delve through any warranty claims you will always find those who have have a negative experience with any manufacturer.
But that it is his own experience and he's every right to call out Samsung over this but it is not what everyone has experienced.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom