World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Just to add to this discussion, I bought mine about a month ago. I;m incredibly picky about tech but can honestly say I have no regrets with this purchase. Best monitor I've ever had.

I actually have all funds on hand and ready to pounce on a new QD-OLED screen, but neither screen (Dell AW F or the Samsung) currently give me confidence in grabbing them with the amount of minor issues that just keep getting reported on here and elsewhere. I might need to wait for next gen or for later on when they work out all the issues. So annoying. :(

I wouldn't listen to the reports. People ALWAYS complain a lot about monitors. You don't get to see the many tens of thousands of customers who are perfectly happy with their monitor.

It's a great monitor, best I've had and I've been through a couple of Samsung G9's, a G9 Neo. Didn't run into any screen burn issues but obviously take the necessary precautions when dealing with OLEDs.

Awaiting my second replacement, this one is still flickering with a new displayport cable, shame as otherwise it's great, the fan is barely audible compared to my first.

Noticed today I have fairly significant burn in, anyone know if the RMA process they will send me replacement prior or have to do without monitor for period of time?

Noticed today I have fairly significant burn in, anyone know if the RMA process they will send me replacement prior or have to do without monitor for period of time?
Got a picture of the burn-in? How long have you used the monitor? They might ask you to box it up and do a swap at the same time.

Last edited:
Got a picture of the burn-in? How long have you used the monitor? They might ask you to box it up and do a swap at the same time.
GNqlqCc.png

Photo not capturing it the best but basically its the taskbar
Owned since near release, work on it (taskbar disabled as much as possible but yeah W10/11 doesn't really adhere to it very well), usually do a pixel refresh every lunch also.

Something odd then because this shouldn't be happening, 350,000 QD-LED televisions sold and only a handful have suffered from screen burn and those can be attributed to misuse.

Hmmm, for burn in, that does seem very uneven for a ribbon bar. I would have thought it would end up being more consistent as a "block". Unless if it's the photo that's causing that to be so muddy and uneven?

Hmmm, for burn in, that does seem very uneven for a ribbon bar. I would have thought it would end up being more consistent as a "block". Unless if it's the photo that's causing that to be so muddy and uneven?
You're correct, I zoomed in on the image and that's definitely not a taskbar as it is pixelated..

Last edited:
That's nothing. It took them 5 weeks to do a damage investigation and then returned it back to me instead of Dell :rolleyes:
That is a worry :eek:

Apparently the monitor was dropped off at location: Dock ?!?!?!?!

And signed by someone clearly not related to me. Oh and I've been emailed to expect UPS tomorrow to collected the old one :cry:

Back
Top Bottom