World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

I'm really glad to see today that Microsoft is adding native RGB support to Windows 11 but not working to fix the sub pixel rendering of OLED monitors

• Haha
Reactions: mrk
Did anyones replacement monitor look like it was a refurbished one? My replacement just came with the the stand only and a plain cardboard box. The stand was pretty scratched up and the monitor had a lot of marks on the screen. Thankfully the marks have cleaned off and i can use my old stand. Came with firmware 103.

Did anyones replacement monitor look like it was a refurbished one? My replacement just came with the the stand only and a plain cardboard box. The stand was pretty scratched up and the monitor had a lot of marks on the screen. Thankfully the marks have cleaned off and i can use my old stand. Came with firmware 103.

My replacement was brand new and manufactured just 4 weeks before it reached my house. But from what I understand refurbs are common with this monitor, there are a lot of people online complaining the replacement had damages etc.

My replacement was a refurb like yours, screen has a lot of marks on it but they do clean off. Would rather a brand new replacement, might get lucky second time round given UPS have cocked up delivery.

well, turned it on.. and screen keeps going black and theres flickering across the panel. nice. insane experience

I load up a game and every 2 minutes it goes dark and the game resumes in bordered mode

also flickering across desktop, I can't explain it. this is for sure not a brand new monitor

well, turned it on.. and screen keeps going black and theres flickering across the panel. nice. insane experience

I load up a game and every 2 minutes it goes dark and the game resumes in bordered mode

also flickering across desktop, I can't explain it. this is for sure not a brand new monitor
Sounds similar to mine, almost as if they're recent returns themselves that Dell haven't tested for faults.

Not sure if it will help but can you try different cables?

The Display Port lead mine came with didn't work. Powered on but thought screen was DOA. Tried an old DP cable and it was fine.

Phew!

Sorry to hear that and angry for you. You pay all this money out and you're treated to that. :((

Last edited:

That's very disappointing. Are you going for another or opting for a refund?

Is there a general consensus about which model to go for? It sounds like HDR is a bit broken on the F?

I’ve tried to read as much as I could about both but can’t make up my mind.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom