World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Is anyone able to use HDMI? The included DP cable is too short for me, so then I got a micro HDMI, fine. Put it on, works. As soon as I plug the secondary screen to the GPU, the G8 stops showing image. I remove the DP from the GPU, the G8 comes back to life. Any hints? Unfortunately I don't have a Nvidia card to cross test anymore.

Cool, can can someone actually release an upgrade now like a 4k one.

This. All I want is one that is 4K and ideally faster SDR to HDR switching. Happy to lose ultrawide for the extra resolution personally, even though I have really enjoyed it in some games and starting to get used to it after nearly a year :p

Apparently the Msi will retail for 1499 Euros.

Ouch. That's a no from me, even if I didn't have the F already.

That's more than the Samsung basically, and even if you add HDMI 2.1, everything else is largely the same. I can't see how you could add more than what the Samsung did already and increase the price more than that. :eek:

Ouch. That's a no from me, even if I didn't have the F already.

That's more than the Samsung basically, and even if you add HDMI 2.1, everything else is largely the same. I can't see how you could add more than what the Samsung did already and increase the price more than that. :eek:

So much for the $800 rumour price that was being flung around lol

So much for the $800 rumour price that was being flung around lol
Indeed.

And now looking further into the MSI, that RGB bar UNDER the monitor is got to be the worst idea ever. :mad:

All the other monitors have their lighting facing AWAY from the user, and aimed in directions to less likely distract or causes issues with the excellent image quality from the panel itself. So why add this to this monitor?? Why not have it go ALL the way around the bezel even? Or LED floodlights that blind the user so they can barely see the screen? Because that's what that RGB bar lighting are going to be doing. Most users will likely turn that off anyway (otherwise why even go QD-OLED?).

Looking at the other specs, it looks like MSI is trying to join the motherboard fiasco; where the manufacturer adds more RGB lighting and calls it a day and expects to charge multi-hundreds of pounds extra on top for it as well (a feature that most likely will turn off no less) and still expects it to sell.

I highly doubt this MSI monitor will sell well.

I think most manufacturers send a refurbished unit unless it's within the initial cooling-off period. Bit of a shame.

The monitor that Dell sent me (not an OLDE, I might add, this was an older LCD monitor), about a week ago, was to replace a two year old monitor and the replacement was brand new. I know, becuase serial number sticker had "manufactured Feb 2023" on it.

Out with the black sticky tape then! :cry:

.. I have actually done that before with some RGB devices :cry:
Side tracking a bit, but yeah, we did that here with the BT Smart Hub 1, as we're using it as an extender and thus the LED keeps blinking about no connection (as it's software demands it to to notify users of no connection). We've turned it to down to the lowest setting but it still blinks the place to disco heaven. So we taped the entire LED up in black tape. When will manufacturers learn?

The AW3423DWF can be had for £812.36 on sale today, which is a decent saving on this model but it asks the question as too why? Good deal?, Is there any issues with them? or is there something new on the horizon (no zero dawns) from Dell?

The AW3423DWF can be had for £812.36 on sale today, which is a decent saving on this model but it asks the question as too why? Good deal?, Is there any issues with them? or is there something new on the horizon (no zero dawns) from Dell?

Yes forum users correct me if I'm wrong but if the game goes below 60fps you don't have the gsync smoothing plus with oleds you get flicker below 60 so combined with the two of those issues then not a good experience at all. So you need to make sure your graphics card can handle game plus as of this moment they have hdr issues.

Last edited:
Yes forum users correct me if I'm wrong but if the game goes below 60fps you don't have the gsync smoothing plus with oleds you get flicker below 60 so combined with the two of those issues then not a good experience at all.
I think most players should be OK.

I was testing out the native resolution of 3440x1440 in Baldur's Gate 3 on my RX580 with all settings on the other day, and clearly it was going to be below 60fps, but it was fine and nothing noticeable to the eye other than the obvious not enough FPS being done by the GPU.

Would have liked to have grabbed it at the cheaper price now, but to be honest, I'm still super happy at getting a display that was so flawless on first go. Especially with some of the horror stories of failed QC and getting fans that are louder than your GPU, and screens all smudged up or a panel that's got quite a few stuck pixels.

Back
Top Bottom