World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

You likely have little to worry about to be honest. :)

From the tests they've done and shown in the "reflections" section, from what I can tell looking at the images, comparing the AW3423DW to the AW3423DWF I have in front of me (that they use for those average room shots); using the central arm holder which is the same colour on both (black, or black without any direct light on them), as it's white on the exterior of the DW and it's black on the F so can't compare those (and the DW white is more reflective). It clear that it really is more of a VERY bright office room or outside daylight (at noon) in a pure white almost reflective room (check out that table it's on they're using, it's reflective as a mirror, one of the reasons I dinged the MSI for that RGB bar at the bottom) that is causing the raised blacks on the screen by reflecting it "towards" the screen itself. Basically, it's everything that can be done to reflect light onto a screen, and not just any light, but very strong light and it also has a red hue.

A VERY unrealistic scenario given users of this monitor know very well what needs to be done to prevent issues; given if you just want to game or normal office work, you don't go QD-OLED, you go for the other screens. And in most cases, not even most offices are THAT bright, white and reflective. And in those cases, don't use a white light that is more on the lower end of the K scale.

So in your case, you're unlikely to see it, because unless if you open the blinds AND paint your ENTIRE room white (pure, and using a more reflective kind of paint), our screens (not just the Samsung) is unlikely to exhibit this issue directly. :)

They've basically shown an edge case scenario in case there's any nutters out there in such a setup and grabs it. Not for normal users. :)
I'm seriously not worried and as you state their tests, like the burn in ones, are unrealistic

3y burn in warranty was definitely a contributing factor for me deciding to buy my monitor. I'm not taking any precautions now, I'm even using one of those Aura RGB wallpapers.
Although to be fair is not like my PC is ever left on its desktop really.

Last edited:
Use code Telegraph8MON brings it down to £812, i just ordered one :eek:
oh nice, I was just about to order one! - good thing I checked this thread first.
and I got an extra £15 off by signing up for Dell Rewards and using the free 1,500 points they give you!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom