World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Must have been quite lucky with previous ones. I'll look forward to that changing tomorrow and me getting a stinker

Haha you saying stinker that made me laugh!
I'm sure it'll be fine. Just the issues that could be there,ultimately you can always get Dell to send you a replacement if not happy I'm sure.

Last edited:
So i currently have a LG CX48 but fed up of not being able to see the screen due to light glare behind me & as much as i love it its little "too big" for where i sit.
considering getting 2 UW monitors to replace it (on top of each other)
Which QD-OLED would be best for my use case? (samsung/alienware/others)

Use case
MOn-friday = office work/coding/multitasking
Saturday-sunday pure gaming

Anyone had a replacement dw and dell not collected the old one. Been a month now and not heard anything.
I received my replacement end of November. They didn't collect the old one until Jan. The courier just turned up unannounced. It was already boxed, and I just had to hand it over. Didn't need to add labels as the courier sorted that. The only potential issue with the longer turnaround is that the replacement doesn't have warranty until the faulty monitor is received by Dell.

I had a right saga sending mine back ages ago. The item was marked as damaged, the investigation took 2 months, then they delivered it back to me instead of Dell. Clearly, the returns process needs some fine-tuning :cry:

This was due to screen scratches btw.

Last edited:
Ok. I've ordered the g-sync version of the Dell off Amazon, it's coming Saturday.

I mainly got it because i know that the HDR works a lot better. The new firmware still causes a problem on the cheaper version, I'm sure I'll be okay with the extra fan.

Let's see what it's like. I would like better blacks in games..it is a bit annoying on my ips monitor.

Last edited:
Let us all know how you get on with them . :)
Just set the thing up and had a quick play with Dead Space/Cyberpunk, and..

Jeebus H ******* christ on a bike :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Now I know what people were saying when they said the blacks are inky black!
Dead Space is like a whole new game (and way way more poop your pants immersive) and cyberpunk just pops out of the screen with all the neon.
I've come from a Gigabyte M32U and the difference is absolutely amazing, that said the M32U is still great and soon to be on MM for much cheapness :p
I've no idea at the moment with all the settings, but this weekend will be a learning curve.
So, in summary, if i'd known how good this monitor actually was, i'd have bought one a while ago.
If anyone has any tips & tricks for the best settings, then i'm all ears.

Me right this minute ----> :D :cool:

Finally got mine setup just now and wow just on the desktop it looks so much better:eek: :cry: going to try some games in a bit but still tinkering about.:D

Manufacture date is Dec 22 and i see no marks on the screen and have not noticed any coil whine as yet. updated to the latest firmware also.

Any recommendations for a screen saver ? i have removed all the desktop icons and reduced the brightness as it was to bright for me at default.

Hey there,

I'm just curious what's happened to the AW3423DW ? It's not for sale on Dells own website anymore let alone UK retailers besides Amazon?

Hey there,

I'm just curious what's happened to the AW3423DW ? It's not for sale on Dells own website anymore let alone UK retailers besides Amazon?

Two possibilities, really. They have either run out of stock for the foreseeable future (Dell will remove a product from their site if that happens) or the F version is much more popular so they have retired the non-f early in the UK. They did this with the AW3821DW when it was effectively replaced by the AW3423DW.

Back
Top Bottom