World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

The main thing I'm seeing is poor text clarity. It looks rather fuzzy. Also when scrolling a webpage, there are some kind of black trails.
Yeah that's VA motion blur. I could never go back to a VA panel now.

Some VA subpixel arrangements make text look off, QD-OLED isn't the pinnacle of text clarity but I don't have an issue with it.

Once 4K QD-OLED is out I'll be jumping on that!

Last edited:
Anyone had a replacement dw and dell not collected the old one. Been a month now and not heard anything.

They gonna charge you for it; if they have your credit card and details and don't return the faulty one they will bill you full price

They cant just charge you. Its down to them to arrange collection.

Maybe works bit different for you guys. My RMA monitor was delivered via courier and theyb included a return label, all I had to do was call the courier and ask them to pickup the dead monitor from my house and Alienware gave me 10 working days to arrange the pickup or they would charge me for the new monitor at full price to my credit card

My warranty replacement upgrade is due tomorrow. How do you know if you get a good one?
Have a look at the screen, any marks -hopefully you'll be able to get them off with a microfibre cloth. It's a lottery at the moment whether you get one that has 'a quieter fan' - some owners (on here too )have reported the fan spinning excessively/loud but a replacement has fixed this.

And the obvious thing would be to check for any stuck pixels , do a 'stuck pixel ' test :)

Last edited:
A very interesting video posted above. So, some HDR improvement with the latest DWF firmware update, however still some work for them to do. Hopefully a future update will yield better results. I updated last night, it was a very smooth process. I have not had a chance to test it in game yet though.

Back
Top Bottom