World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Wonder what happens if we RMA a DW then in say 6 months time, get a DWF?

Would be a real shame if that happens given how the DWF is still inferior for HDR. If that does happen, hopefully there will be a better/newer oled 21.9 panel by then.

Would be a real shame if that happens given how the DWF is still inferior for HDR. If that does happen, hopefully there will be a better/newer oled 21.9 panel by then.

I would imagine they would send you a reconditioned monitor.

I would really question whether it is inferior for HDR. Dell just released a new update (and presumably will continue to do so).

Did you know, for example, that the new firmware has also added the magical "missing" 120Hz 10 Bit mode that everyone was whining was missing before?

Last edited:
I would imagine they would send you a reconditioned monitor.

I would really question whether it is inferior for HDR. Dell just released a new update (and presumably will continue to do so).

Did you know, for example, that the new firmware has also added the magical "missing" 120Hz 10 Bit mode that everyone was whining was missing before?

No need to question it, it is still inferior when it comes to HDR1000 even with the latest firmware.

Sure it might very well get fixed but until it does, it's a no go if you value HDR1000 imo. That and reading reports of flickering etc. on here isn't exactly inspiring.

But alas, by the time there are any issues with mine, I imagine we'll have better/new monitors to upgrade to anyway.

No need to question it, it is still inferior when it comes to HDR1000 even with the latest firmware.

Sure it might very well get fixed but until it does, it's a no go if you value HDR1000 imo. That and reading reports of flickering etc. on here isn't exactly inspiring.

But alas, by the time there are any issues with mine, I imagine we'll have better/new monitors to upgrade to anyway.

Yes,still inferior unfortunately. That's why I went for the more expensive g-sync version, otherwise would have gone for it.:)

Last edited:
Should be 144Hz 10-bit not 120!

That's not possible. The bandwidth is too high because of the way the F screen is handled against burn-in.
I hate to should like a Dell sales-person, but I really can't tell the difference between 8 bit using the NVIDIA alternate frames doo-dad and 10-bit.

Yes, I have to concede the HDR1000 mode is not great. It doesn't bother me, because I don't use it in that mode, but I can see it might bother other people. I use it in the equivalent of HDR400 True Black. HDR1000 is just too bright for me. The fact that the True Black has improved is great news.

To me, the largest problem with both monitors is still Windows not having support for the sub-pixel layout. I am really disappointed that Microsoft has not updated Windows to allow different layouts for dual monitors and included various OLED configurations.

As monitor unboxed mentions nvidia users can improve things further, its still not perfect but works better and shows a brightness roll off similar to the DW model

from what im reading it seems a lot of users are returning the DW & DWF is the QC that bad?
I will personally find out the QC tomorrow and will let the forum know how I get on as I'm receiving the DW version tomorrow!:D

The positive is that you can send it back if you're not happy - and if you get a good one then good times!!

Last edited:
You would have to measure it against the 'a lot' of people who are not returning them

we'll only know for sure when they stop selling the monitors :p
indeed
i would say from looking here & on reddit & on other forums it seems to be a good 20-25% being RMA
i want to move back to ultrawide from my CX but dont want to bother with rma
very tempted by the LG 45" but wish it was more 40" moving away from the CX as 48" is amazing but just to tall to be comfortable 24/7 (had it for a good year+)

indeed
i would say from looking here & on reddit & on other forums it seems to be a good 20-25% being RMA
very tempted by the LG 45" but wish it was more 40" moving away from the CX as 48" is amazing but just to tall to be comfortable 24/7 (had it for a good year+)
Not everyone that is happy is posting and talking about how happy they are with the monitor. If they did you would probably be hard pushed to find issues in a thread without spending hours wading through them posts :cry:

Last edited:
indeed

Would you really want that resolution though at that size? I don't really like it at 34" (contemplating perma swapping to the LGC2)

Interesting observation today, I mentioned before that I was using 144Hz for the 10-bit colour mode, not that it matters because 9-bit + FRC with nVidia cards is basically 1:1 to 10-bit native anyway, but my main reason was that with 175Hz I saw Photoshop causing flickering as my canvas colour is dark grey, so when I zoomed in and out on an image with the mouse wheel, I would see the flicker.

I tested something out just now as wanted to see if turning off GSYNC in nvcp stopped the flicker. I loaded up PS and saw no flicker under the same situations as before. I then turned GSYNC back on, this time PS also had no flicker doing the same zooms... Weird.

Only thing I can think of is Adobe did release two recent Photoshop updates which Creative Cloud installed so am wondering if they fixed a canvas to GPU issue as everything in PS/LR is GPU accelerated now pretty much so maybe there was a bug in there somewhere which is now sorted.

So now I am on 175Hz and all appears well.

Some comments on reddit stated turning GSYNC off at 175Hz if VRR flicker is too distracting, so I will monitor the situation (heh) and might just keep GSYNC off if VRR flicker in games becomes an issue.

Still switching between HDR 1000 and TB 400 though trying to see for the stuff I watch or play if one is more accurate than the other, even to this day hard to decide but Peak 1000 is what I've been using most so probably stick to it anyway when playing or watching HDR.

Did anyone notice with the latest Windows 11 update, that the Taskbar can now automatically fully hide itself now? Not available to Windows 10 as far as I can tell when I tried it on my Win 10 machine. But should be a god send for us OLED users.

Not everyone that is happy is posting and talking about how happy they are with the monitor. If they did you would probably be hard pushed to find issues in a thread without spending hours wading through them posts :cry:
100% agree but when you see some users gone through 4-6 displays to get a good one you think hang on??
Would you really want that resolution though at that size? I don't really like it at 34" (contemplating perma swapping to the LGC2)
no not really, like i say i love my CX but want something smaller & UW
but
The Alienware will most likely to loud for me, really sensitive to noise, ive spent weeks getting my pc quieter and below <17db
Samung G8 - few people have said its not good in bright light conditions..
just leaves LG OLED or go to mini-led. unless im missing other choices
ideally i want 34' 3440x1440 or somthing" at 5120x1440

Did anyone notice with the latest Windows 11 update, that the Taskbar can now automatically fully hide itself now? Not available to Windows 10 as far as I can tell when I tried it on my Win 10 machine. But should be a god send for us OLED users.

Yeah no more grey line.

Back
Top Bottom