World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Did anyone notice with the latest Windows 11 update, that the Taskbar can now automatically fully hide itself now? Not available to Windows 10 as far as I can tell when I tried it on my Win 10 machine. But should be a god send for us OLED users.
been using this in both windows 11-10 for 4years +
it was avaliable since XP

As mentioned before, completely depends on the game, most games no, a handful yes. Cyberpunk now? Yes!

I don't enable it for all games either because some I don't feel like it adds much. Hogwarts might be an example of that.

Last edited:
Remember basically all games art style was designed around an SDR output, not HDR, so if we are being purists, then SDR is the way games were made to be played technically :p

been using this in both windows 11-10 for 4years +
it was avaliable since XP
Without installation any additional software to make it happen? This is native now, but only in the most recent update on Windows 11 as far as I can tell. Windows 10, I am unable to get the Taskbar to fully hide itself, always a line from the top of the bar remaining visible. (Like how Windows 11 was like until this latest update)

Without installation any additional software to make it happen? This is native now, but only in the most recent update on Windows 11 as far as I can tell. Windows 10, I am unable to get the Taskbar to fully hide itself, always a line from the top of the bar remaining visible. (Like how Windows 11 was like until this latest update)

I think he thought you meant the functionality to hide it generally and didn't know about the line issue that has plagued us.

@mrk technically SRGB is the accurate mode but I actually enjoy some colour in my life lol.

Last edited:
Oh btw you still get a zingle pixel line on active taskbar apps with stuff going on, like download progress in a browser, Steam download, or an active window - Had auto hide taskbar set for ages and here's how it looks for me:

M1oHojv.gif

@mrk

That's odd. I just tried downloading and playing a video at the same time, different tabs in same window however, so not multiple windows like you have, and there is nothing remaining of it entirely once the mouse is away from it.

Remember basically all games art style was designed around an SDR output, not HDR, so if we are being purists, then SDR is the way games were made to be played technically :p

Couldn't care less about about being a purist. I go with what looks best to me and HDR more times than not looks much better to my eyes.

Oh I am using StartAllBack as prefer the superior features and control over the Windows 11 taskbar/start menu, that could be why. I like the bar though as can at a glance see activity. There's a green progress bar on a video I'm watching on the side now too as another example.

Saw this on the DWF product page:

"
Why has the DW model been removed from the store? I have an Nvidia 4090 so I need the DW model for the HDR to look correct. will it be added back soon? or is there an updated model coming out soon?
answer
Answer this Question
DellRR · 2 days ago
Hello Sam,

There is no guarantee that specific models will be back in stock. Please continue to check back regularly to see if the product is back in stock.

Thank you,

Dailon@Dell"

Saw this on the DWF product page:

"
Why has the DW model been removed from the store? I have an Nvidia 4090 so I need the DW model for the HDR to look correct. will it be added back soon? or is there an updated model coming out soon?
answer
Answer this Question
DellRR · 2 days ago
Hello Sam,

There is no guarantee that specific models will be back in stock. Please continue to check back regularly to see if the product is back in stock.

Thank you,

Dailon@Dell"

If you want it they're on the Rainforest site to buy. :)

I looked back and historically Dell have stopped selling this monitor and then restarted before. Ie Stock issues

Last edited:
The main thing to do is black background and hide the taskbar, use dark mode too.

Shouldn't do any of this.
It's a monitor, so just use it like you would use any monitor. If you have burn in 2 years down the line you have a 3yr warranty so it doesn't matter.

My taskbar is normal (although it's translucent so I can see through it, but I've always had it like this)
I have icons on my desktop
I have a nice scenery background

No burn in yet and if I do get any I'll claim on the warranty. Simple :)

Random question for anyone who can hopefully answer,

if I need to play certain games at 16:9 aspect ratio and lets say 2560x1440 would it just have black bars to the side but still run at the monitors native refresh rate on these ultrawide monitors?

if I need to play certain games at 16:9 aspect ratio and lets say 2560x1440 would it just have black bars to the side but still run at the monitors native refresh rate on these ultrawide monitors?

Yes, to both questions.

EDIT

Unless the program/game you're running has an fps lock.

Last edited:
Autohide taskbar means you also get some extra screen space back for fitting in more application elements, useful in apps like Photoshop or a vertically pinned browser window. So it's a useful feature. As for background, I have a folder of photos I have taken over the years which rotates every 10 mins so that's all sorted for me.

Not by default because the Nvidia driver sets the scaling to the display, and the DW does not have a standard scaler so it essentially stretches the 2560x1440 image to fill the screen, any scaling to aspect ratio etc has to be done on the GPU. You can fix this by going into NVCP and setting it like this:

0rthP6Z.png

So if you do have to use say 2560x1440, or 1920x1080 etc, then you will get pillarboxes as is expected like this:

8oEe0Ob.jpg

The DWF version has a built in scaler so this can be controlled via the OSD. There is no performance difference between GPU scaling and display scaling, it's just a trivial difference when using as a PC monitor.

Last edited:
Autohide taskbar means you also get some extra screen space back for fitting in more application elements, useful in apps like Photoshop or a vertically pinned browser window. So it's a useful feature. As for background, I have a folder of photos I have taken over the years which rotates every 10 mins so that's all sorted for me.

Not by default because the Nvidia driver sets the scaling to the display, and the DW does not have a standard scaler so it essentially stretches the 2560x1440 image to fill the screen, any scaling to aspect ratio etc has to be done on the GPU. You can fix this by going into NVCP and setting it like this:

0rthP6Z.png

So if you do have to use say 2560x1440, or 1920x1080 etc, then you will get pillarboxes as is expected like this:

8oEe0Ob.jpg
Thank you for the response, just weighing up my monitor choices, I want an ultra wide as long as I can do the above I think :) as then I get the best of both worlds.

Shouldn't do any of this.
It's a monitor, so just use it like you would use any monitor. If you have burn in 2 years down the line you have a 3yr warranty so it doesn't matter.

My taskbar is normal (although it's translucent so I can see through it, but I've always had it like this)
I have icons on my desktop
I have a nice scenery background

No burn in yet and if I do get any I'll claim on the warranty. Simple :)

I have a folder of photos I have taken over the years which rotates every 10 mins so that's all sorted for me.

Yeah that's what i do , as above - well every hour but as I'm getting the monitor today I've changed it to every 10 minutes from reading your post, cheers @mrk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom