World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Have to say my experience with Philips panels overall (I don't have experience of the Evnia) has been fairly positive lately but also a case of just a little more effort would have taken a good monitor to an exceptional monitor :( if they pushed the boat out a little with innovation I think they could bury the current monitor market.

DW. I can wait, as long as they don't send me a returned one!
ok mate. you'll get a nice new one :D I have been playing GTA V with low lights and I can't believe
the difference with the perfect blacks on the game btw. Very pleased with it!

As I say i went for it knowing I could always send it back , but i think this will be a keeper.

Last edited:
Any tips with HDR in windows, I enable Windows 'HDR on' and the display looks a bit washed out.

?

Enable HDR when watching a HDR movie or game, otherwise disable it.

And run the windows HDR calibration app.

If you have the DWF version of the monitor, put the panel in hdr400 mode, hdr1000 mode is broken and only work's correctly on the DW monitor

Last edited:
Rtings had added the Alienware and Samsung QD OLED monitors into the burn in test to see if they are any better than the TVs

QD OLED TVs suffer from very bad burn in between 6 and 12 months of usage at 100% brightness when displaying static content of the color white for several hours each day. Rtings believes QD OLED panels are very vulnerable to burn in with the color white

Last edited:
Rtings had added the Alienware and Samsung QD OLED monitors into the burn in test to see if they are any better than the TVs

QD OLED TVs suffer from very bad burn in between 6 and 12 months of usage at 100% brightness when displaying static content of the color white for several hours each day. Rtings believes QD OLED panels are very vulnerable to burn in with the color white.
Heh, I could have told you that. :p

Thankfully though it only really shows up on very dark greys now, other colours are not impacted thus far. Think I managed to notice it early and made adjustments, will see how it goes though going ahead.

Got my replacement Friday (picked up a second a couple of months back but had a flicker my other doesn't have). The new one is Rev A06, firmware MOB103. Doesn't have any extra options. But it does seem to switch resolution or from standby a few seconds quicker than my MOB102 it replaced. MOB101 and MOB102, would both occasionally wake out of sleep and interrupt anything i was doing on the other screen. Touch wood, the new one doesn't seem to be.

Edit the monitor is still jumping out of sleep causing my main screen to flicker as Windows redetects the aw
Were you able to figure out this issue? I have this exact same issue. I also have the LG C9 and 4090 FE. Sometimes while using my LG C9, my AW3423DW would wake up and cause my C9 to lose signal for 2 seconds then return back to normal. This issue does not happen when I power off the AW while using my LG C9. I am also on REV A06, firmware MOB103.

QD OLED TVs suffer from very bad burn in between 6 and 12 months of usage at 100% brightness when displaying static content of the color white for several hours each day. Rtings believes QD OLED panels are very vulnerable to burn in with the color white

The Sony A8H, A80K, A80J, A90J, and A90K tv's all showed severe signs of image retention and the green subpixels failed on the LG G2 OLED, so it isn't exclusive to QD-OLED. But I wouldn't say that any of the tests are a real life at all. The QD-OLED's also run a compensation cycle, but no mention of this was made aside from allowing it on Sony's
To me it suggests what I've always understood to be true about OLED's unless the correct precautions are taken.

I also quote from RTINGS: "There are a few limitations of this test, and we need to be careful about which conclusions we're drawing. The goal of this test is to better understand the reliability of TVs in general and which components are the most likely to fail. With such a small sample size, we can't answer questions about the quality or reliability of a specific model. Even if a certain TV breaks in our tests, that doesn't mean that that'll be your experience with that TV. Conversely, even if a TV doesn't break in our test, it doesn't mean that yours won't. It's also important to remember that this test is meant to be an accelerated torture test; it doesn't represent normal daily usage, so even if a certain type of TV breaks after a year, that represents many years of normal usage."

Emphasis upon the last sentence..

Were you able to figure out this issue? I have this exact same issue. I also have the LG C9 and 4090 FE. Sometimes while using my LG C9, my AW3423DW would wake up and cause my C9 to lose signal for 2 seconds then return back to normal. This issue does not happen when I power off the AW while using my LG C9. I am also on REV A06, firmware MOB103.

No, I never figured it out. The aw still keeps waking up and causing my c9 to lose signal for a couple of seconds.
I've even changed motherboard and cpu since and a fresh install with minimum apps and still happens.
I just turn off the aw if I've finished using it, rather than let it go into standby mode.

No, I never figured it out. The aw still keeps waking up and causing my c9 to lose signal for a couple of seconds.
I've even changed motherboard and cpu since and a fresh install with minimum apps and still happens.
I just turn off the aw if I've finished using it, rather than let it go into standby mode.
I see. So is this an issue with the monitor? I plugged in my old monitor and it does not do this when in standby, so it has to be the monitor right? Sounds like some type of handshaking issue between the C9 and AW? Do you think there is a possibility the 4090 could be at fault?

I see. So is this an issue with the monitor? I plugged in my old monitor and it does not do this when in standby, so it has to be the monitor right? Sounds like some type of handshaking issue between the C9 and AW? Do you think there is a possibility the 4090 could be at fault?

I'm unsure, but like you don't have the issue when I use a different monitor in place of the AW. Also, don't think it is the 4090 as I had the same issue when using a 3090.
My gut says its the aw as it is randomly waking up when it shouldn't. I sometimes also notice the gsync message pop up when it happens. Maybe it is the gsync chip waking up.
The issue happens on 3 different aw3423dw.

I'm unsure, but like you don't have the issue when I use a different monitor in place of the AW. Also, don't think it is the 4090 as I had the same issue when using a 3090.
My gut says its the aw as it is randomly waking up when it shouldn't. I sometimes also notice the gsync message pop up when it happens. Maybe it is the gsync chip waking up.
The issue happens on 3 different aw3423dw.
Okay. This is such a hard issue to even Google because its very specific haha. I made a post on Reddit, hopefully we have more answers. But what I find strange is you are the only one I know that has posted about this issue and we have the exact same monitor, TV and GPU!

Okay. This is such a hard issue to even Google because its very specific haha. I made a post on Reddit, hopefully we have more answers. But what I find strange is you are the only one I know that has posted about this issue and we have the exact same monitor, TV and GPU!
Definitely not the gpu due to it happening with my 3090. The only constant i have had is the C9. So could be something there. I haven't tested by swapping the C9 with another monitor to see if it happens to that one too.

Definitely not the gpu due to it happening with my 3090. The only constant i have had is the C9. So could be something there. I haven't tested by swapping the C9 with another monitor to see if it happens to that one too.
What firmware is your C9 on? I'm on 05.25.35, I'm not on the latest firmware. I wonder if using a different HDMI cable would do anything... However, I am using a Zeskit certified HDMI 2.1 cable... And had no issues using that same cable when I had my 3090 so I don't think its the cable... In your AW OSD settings, in input source do you have auto select on? @Grim5 has the same monitor, TV and GPU, I wonder if they have the same issue as well!

What firmware is your C9 on? I'm on 05.25.35, I'm not on the latest firmware. I wonder if using a different HDMI cable would do anything... However, I am using a Zeskit certified HDMI 2.1 cable... And had no issues using that same cable when I had my 3090 so I don't think its the cable... In your AW OSD settings, in input source do you have auto select on? @Grim5 has the same monitor, TV and GPU, I wonder if they have the same issue as well!
My C9 is on 05.30.25 UK based. I never thought about it being an issue with the c9 as I've had it a good few years whilst I changed my monitor 3x. It only started to happen when I got my first aw3423dw. My memory is hazy, but it may be worth looking under system in event viewer when it happens, I think I saw something. But tbh, its not a big issue for me so I never investigated much.

I do not have this issue, my aw doesnt randomly wake up and my c9 doesn't lose signal. My aw is on mob103 firmware and the c9 is on the latest firmware but it may be different as I'm not in the UK. The aw has a feature enabled by default to auto switch inputs based on what signals are being sent to it - try disabling that, I have it disabled on mine because my work laptop was randomly making the aw switch to its signal instead of my pc as my work laptop seems to wake up even in sleep every so often and send an image output for a few seconds

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom