World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Only issues I had with the mine were black screens and driver freezes but then that turned out to be the AMD GPU driver (but unsure if combo of both) Smooth sailing since getting Nvidia and I won't be going back to amd for anything but CPUs, embarrassingly poor but it's ok because there are the "well Ive never had a problem" folk.

I do sometimes struggle with it picking up my docking station for work laptop, it just refuses to switch to DP, but again not sure where that lies.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Only issues I had with the mine were black screens and driver freezes but then that turned out to be the AMD GPU driver (but unsure if combo of both) Smooth sailing since getting Nvidia and I won't be going back to amd for anything but CPUs, embarrassingly poor but it's ok because there are the "well Ive never had a problem" folk.

I do sometimes struggle with it picking up my docking station for work laptop, it just refuses to switch to DP, but again not sure where that lies.
You've completely contradicted yourself, as 'you've never had a problem' with NV you seem to be assuming there are zero issues. Yet I've clearly posted links to where NV have cocked up just as bad..

Last edited:
And for myself as well, zero issues with the GFX card and the drivers. Mine is connect with DP, is yours @Haggisman ? Or is the 7900 the only one affected? https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/problem-with-enabling-hdr-on-7900-xt-with-qn90a-tv/m-p/591371 AMD are aware and investigating this according to that forum..

Yup, displayport cable (not the original as it wasn't long enough, but a decent quality DP1.4 cable). My GPU is an MBA 6800, so maybe it is just an issue with RDNA3 as @Nexus18 suggested?

Yup, displayport cable (not the original as it wasn't long enough, but a decent quality DP1.4 cable). My GPU is an MBA 6800, so maybe it is just an issue with RDNA3 as @Nexus18 suggested?
This confirms my findings that it is only the 7900 series of cards and AMD are aware and working on a fix. I also have a 6800...

Last edited:
Been really enjoying this monitor over the past 4 weeks, since the firmware update hdr peak1000 has been spot on in ACC, well impressed. However, a single stuck red pixel has shown its head, not visible in game but now and then watching content you do notice it if looking (and you do look! Hehe).

Contacted Dell support, not an enjoyable experience. 2 disconnects, unable to hear one rep due to background call centre voices and they also stated 1 pixel is perfectly acceptable and within the policy guidelines.

You do get to a point where you think you should cut yir losses, but I continued on and managed to get them to agree a replacement

Been really enjoying this monitor over the past 4 weeks, since the firmware update hdr peak1000 has been spot on in ACC, well impressed. However, a single stuck red pixel has shown its head, not visible in game but now and then watching content you do notice it if looking (and you do look! Hehe).

Contacted Dell support, not an enjoyable experience. 2 disconnects, unable to hear one rep due to background call centre voices and they also stated 1 pixel is perfectly acceptable and within the policy guidelines.

You do get to a point where you think you should cut yir losses, but I continued on and managed to get them to agree a replacement

I find with most call centres it's a question of calling until you get the lazy one who really can't be bothered and just sends out a new monitor to make you go away.

i understand , you say you're you're looking. A bit of a pain getting another one, maybe don't look so much? I'm just being practical, i make sure I don't look.

If I noticed it in day to day use right where my eyes were then yes a pain. :)

Last edited:
i understand , you say you're you're looking. A bit of a pain getting another one, maybe don't look so much? I'm just being practical, i make sure I don't look.

If I noticed it in day to day use right where my eyes were then yes a pain. :)
Yea, they agreed in the end to replace it so I was happy at that. Apparently takes between 24 to 48 hours to initiate the order.

I could live with it but the way I see it why should I considering I bought new. I wouldn’t put up with defects on anything else I buy so why do you need to compromise with this.

Yea, they agreed in the end to replace it so I was happy at that. Apparently takes between 24 to 48 hours to initiate the order.

I could live with it but the way I see it why should I considering I bought new. I wouldn’t put up with defects on anything else I buy so why do you need to compromise with this.

Monitors are a bit of a funny thing especially the alienware ones with loud fans, marked screens. I'm just glad I got a good one,let's hope they send a good one mate.

Last edited:
Still amuses me greatly that my monitor is louder than my gaming PC when using normally, editing etc. Not that it's loud, just my PC is deathly silent to the point anyone would think it was not even on if the GPU fans are in passive mode and the DW's fan can be heard.

Last edited:
Still amuses me greatly that my monitor is louder than my gaming PC when using normally, editing etc. Not that it's loud, just my PC is deathly silent to the point anyone would think it was not even on if the GPU fans are in passive mode and the DW's fan can be heard.

Aye. I'm not sure what the original DW is like, but even on the F, when the fans start going, even if you then switch to an entirely black screen (unlit basically) the fan will not turn off until a few moments AFTER you shut down (go to stand-by). Also have a deathly silent machine here (will need to make modifications in the next few days, but overall it's silent even during the night) so very obvious when it happens.

I wonder what is overheating so much that it can't stop the fan on it's own after heating up? I know from testing that bright elements across a large portion of the screen (browser on OCUK shop page that's white for example) can get the fan running, but again, I don't know what's heating up so much that the fans need spinning and won't stop spinning until after powering off/going to stand-by.

Last edited:
It was good until that pixel reared it’s head lol
Yeah, this is one of the reasons why I'm mulling on getting an RMA on my F if the "burn in" it's experienced doesn't spread, get worse and continues to fade and remain visible only on dark grey flat portions of an image. Because the rest of the screen is flawless. And an RMA swap is no guarantee that there won't be dead/stuck pixels. And yeah, definitely when you notice it, you can't avoid noticing it again after. I had that experience with the previous monitor (the first few I got from OCUK and swapped as it was OK to do so then when you had x amount of stuck pixels and I had that amount or more every time until I got my last one that was flawless).

It's just a constant fan curve, if the OLED panel is on then the fan is always active to keep the OLED pixels cool I guess
Yikes. :eek:

Hmmm, I wonder they they changed in the design that allows the F to go without the fan on all the time on a curve?

Oh, on a separate note. If anyone is looking for a Samsung G8 OLED, you may want to look around. *cough*

That is incorrect information, All DWs have fan noise, I should know, I've had 3. The DWF is also audible, but to a lesser extent as only one fan. These are those tiny fans that used to feature in laptops and mobo chipsets of old, they are audible but not in the idstracting way, more an ambient h=um like discussed loads of times in this thread too. Just that it's funny a monitor having a fan and being louder than a gaming PC is all.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Back
Top Bottom