World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

That is incorrect information, All DWs have fan noise, I should know, I've had 3. The DWF is also audible, but to a lesser extent as only one fan. These are those tiny fans that used to feature in laptops and mobo chipsets of old, they are audible but not in the idstracting way, more an ambient h=um like discussed loads of times in this thread too. Just that it's funny a monitor having a fan and being louder than a gaming PC is all.

I think @Grim5 was talking about the F, and not the original. If you have an F version (with the later updates or release or fabrication period with acceptable QC) then there should be no active fan on the F until it is needed (coil whine is another item that may or may not be heard). Although, as said, the exacty component it's trying to cool down on the F is unknown, but tests had shown bright elements will heat the screen up (you can feel the heat from the screen when putting your hand up near it) and won't turn off once on until after turning off or going to stand-by.

Yeah, this is one of the reasons why I'm mulling on getting an RMA on my F if the "burn in" it's experienced doesn't spread, get worse and continues to fade and remain visible only on dark grey flat portions of an image. Because the rest of the screen is flawless. And an RMA swap is no guarantee that there won't be dead/stuck pixels. And yeah, definitely when you notice it, you can't avoid noticing it again after. I had that experience with the previous monitor (the first few I got from OCUK and swapped as it was OK to do so then when you had x amount of stuck pixels and I had that amount or more every time until I got my last one that was flawless).
If the one that gets delivered comes worse than what I currently have I would ask them to pick it back up and keep a hold of the old while they sort it out.

Anyone purchased the AW3423DWF recently from Dell have an issue where you cannot register the device to your Dell account for warranty you just get "Support Services: Issue with Support Services"?

Nothing on Dell yet though?
That was in reference to the Samsung version, the G8 OLED. There's offers going for it right now (check the OCUK store). Which actually puts it really competitively against the Dell at the moment and clearly ahead of the Philips Evina or the MSI. Both of which are overpriced.

I didnt see that and there are a lot of pages, What was the conclusion, that it actually is covered?
By and large, unconfirmed reports have claimed Samsung apparently do offer protection for it, but it's handled by a third party repair company, and because of how brand new a release the Samsung is, no one has yet needed to attempt to utilise and test the Burn In warranty they offer to see if it's comparable to the Dell. So there remains a few unknowns on exactly if it's equivalent or not, but even if it is, again, handled by a third party, that many apparently would prefer not to deal with.

By and large, unconfirmed reports have claimed Samsung apparently do offer protection for it, but it's handled by a third party repair company, and because of how brand new a release the Samsung is, no one has yet needed to attempt to utilise and test the Burn In warranty they offer to see if it's comparable to the Dell. So there remains a few unknowns on exactly if it's equivalent or not, but even if it is, again, handled by a third party, that many apparently would prefer not to deal with.
Ah thanks. Shame it's not clearer on the product pages as I much prefer the aesthetics of the G8 Vs the DW!

Samsung have been tested with the QD-OLED televisions and the small number that's suffered from screen burn have been replaced.
Age old debate perhaps but it goes without saying that if anyone is really concerned about burn in, and not researched the risks, and precautions that need to be implemented, then don't buy a oled..

That was in reference to the Samsung version, the G8 OLED. There's offers going for it right now (check the OCUK store). Which actually puts it really competitively against the Dell at the moment and clearly ahead of the Philips Evina or the MSI. Both of which are overpriced.
Just had a look and saw OC are stocking them as well..

Last edited:
Samsung have been tested with the QD-OLED televisions and the small number that's suffered from screen burn have been replaced.
Age old debate perhaps but it goes without saying that if anyone is really concerned about burn in, and not researched the risks, and precautions that need to be implemented, then don't buy a oled..
The issue is, Samsung can always claim one is not the same as the other. And because of that, until it's tested (monitor replacement from burn in, especially after year 1, and not the TVs), it remains an untested unknown if it will remain honoured.

But I agree, that if users are not aware of OLED general care, grabbing an OLED may not be for them.

Just had a look and saw OC are stocking them as well..
Aye, just noticed them too. Only, the're (Philips Evina and the MSI) now overpriced items.

Dell at £920 odd.
Samsung at £999 here at OCUK.
Philips Evina at £1149
MSI, is it available for purchase yet? But last pricing point put it at 1400-1500Euros, or approximately £1300 (unsure if VAT added yet), the highest of the four.

Between the immediately available ones, the Dell and Samsung are now truly fighting it out. And I would say at £999, the Samsung is the clear winner here (barring the obvious untested 1+ year burn in replacement, because it's not been out more than a few months at best). The Dell had the advantage from the warranty (which has been tested from it's predecessor the DW), and a cheaper price. But that cheaper price now is cut down by the price of the Samsung, now only £70 more. HDMI 2.1 connections (although via mini) and totally passive instead of requiring a fan. The Philips Evina is a non factor because looking at it, it's a white covered version of the Dell basically from what I can see. And the price is now above the Samsung, and the sole reason you would have gone for it instead of the Samsung. So the Philips Evina should not even be in contention for purchase for anyone whilst these prices hold.

I'll be honest. If I was purchasing the display "now" instead of before (although obviously the discount code used before reduced the Dell down to around £860 so a bit more saved), I would actually still go ahead with purchasing the Samsung here despite the (for me) £140 price difference. For simply being passive cooling and having HDMI 2.1 more than the Dell. (However, I purchased mine when the Samsung was £1300 and the Dell at £860, so that was near £440 saved, a much more noticeable difference where passive and HDMI 2.1 could not make up that price difference)

The issue is, Samsung can always claim one is not the same as the other. And because of that, until it's tested (monitor replacement from burn in, especially after year 1, and not the TVs), it remains an untested unknown if it will remain honoured.

But I agree, that if users are not aware of OLED general care, grabbing an OLED may not be for them.
I guess we can all play devil's advocate but that works both ways, even if a handful were refused there is no way of telling that the monitors were actually mistreated or not.
We simply wouldn't know either way..

Back
Top Bottom