World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Thanks for putting my mind at rest. I will measure my desk when I get in to see if it fits and order it tonight. My girlfriend doesn’t think it will fit but I’m sure I can squeeze it in. :eek:

Is there a downside to ordering it from another large website other than from Dell? Dell estimates delivery next week and the other website says delivery this Thursday. Would I still get the same warranty and burn in protection?
Mine also did says that next week delivery, but received after 3 days.

Monitor is g sync compatible I had no problem with my 4090. FPS games feels much better due to response time and sometimes you might feel like you have a legal advantage.

Last edited:
I don’t think it will fit on my desk. It’s the depth that’s the issue because of the stand. On the rtings website it has a picture of the monitor basically coming out as far as the front of the legs, which means I’ll be sitting far too close to the screen. Is it possible to push the whole screen further back at all?

If this monitor is a no go then I’ll maybe look at the new Asus 27 inch oled 240hz monitor instead.

Last edited:
Feeling a bit p***ed off atm,used a well known pickup service. i sent back the first monitor to Amazon when it was picked up it said a completely different pickup address im in southend and as soon as the driver got in his car it came up picked up from stansted, and then it was attempted delivery at leeds which is completely the wrong address and then it even said shipment arrived at incorrect facility, attempting different address.
Same waybill no. but completely different sender address and destination.

this is with a pickup service a known one. Amazon didn't have any pickup services in my area atm they said and it was too heavy for me to take so had the pickup service.

Feel a bit better now, just had a rant. Spoken to them hopefully delivered to amazon tomorrow

Last edited:
Just ordered the dell monitor. I’ve measured my desk area and it’s going to look quite big compared to my 27 inch monitor. I’m hoping it will be ok but if not I’ll send it back and have to settle for 27 inch monitors.

New update for both G8 and DWF yesterday..

As for the G8 using microHDMI..
  • The annoying one pixel (or less) line which used to show up while moving the camera around in game is gone, it used to show up a lot while playing Tarkov, once I point from bright to dark areas.
  • A artifact (a band, from left to right, about 8cm tall) or some sort of glitch in the bottom of the screen while in-game menu, or when alt-tabbing from a game into windows, is now gone.
  • Restarting the PC with the screen OFF is now possible, before it was not.
  • Once I turn the screen off, the opened windows stay in position instead of moving around to the secondary screen, so that's great.
  • Switching game mode ON of OFF also does not move the opened windows anymore.
All in all, the monitor is now fine, zero issues.

Can't say anything about sleep issue, as once I leave the PC I switch the screen off regardless the amount of time I will be off the computer. But I will test in couple of hours.

Volume issue, never had it - worth checking if the option smart-volume is on or off.

EDIT

Ok, there's one issue still..
Stand-by issue. Both screens went in stand-by but just the secondary came back, the G8 remained black, then came back to the home screen and could not detect the plugged microHDMI cable. Unplugging the second screen to force the detection of the G8 did not help. Turning the pc off, then on with only the G8 plugged also did not help. Selecting microHDMI from the menu did not help. Only workaround was unplugging the G8 from the wall socket. So yeah, I will carry on with switching it off via remote once I leave the computer.

I received my dell aw3423dwf today and I love it. The box it came in was a little beaten up but the monitor itself is ok. I’ve been trying to Google the best settings I should use, does anyone have a guide please.

Right now it’s 165hz 8 bit rgb setting in windows. I’ve turned the brightness of the monitor to 35%. Any other settings I should change in nvidia or windows?

Last edited:
I received my dell aw3423dwf today and I love it. The box it came in was a little beaten up but the monitor itself is ok. I’ve been trying to Google the best settings I should use, does anyone have a guide please.

Right now it’s 165hz 8 bit rgb setting in windows. I’ve turned the brightness of the monitor to 35%. Any other settings I should change in nvidia or windows?
In Windows, the first thing I'd do would be to change the Theme used, and to make sure that Windows Title Bars and Borders have a more "neutral" colour in terms of brightness. Do not leave it at the default "White" setting. It'll cause unnecessary immediate burn in (although at 35% Brightness this shouldn't happen as fast) - as I myself found out the hard way in less than 3 weeks of ownership (Thankfully only visible during a grey or dark scene). I personally use "Storm Grey".

Make sure if you have a non black background in use, to make sure you have a screen saver and or a rotating background that shifts every 15 minutes or so. Do not leave it on a solid colour or one scene only. Whilst there may be no immediate Burn In at only 35% brightness, the image retention would still happen and can be a pain to remove (I needed over a week for mine to clear).

Yeah the first thing I did was to change the desktop background to black, delete my icons and hide the taskbar. I've set the title bars to Storm Grey as you suggested, it's a shame you had some burn in so quickly though!

From [H]:

Possible OLED "ClearType" Breakthrough!

Founder of Blur Busters / TestUFO here.

As I am working very hard on a "ClearType for OLEDs" for all OLEDs (both LG WOLED and Samsung QDOLED) via a third party font renderer (MacType for Windows)

The third party font renderer software at mactype.net is customizable with horizontal/verticals in subpixel rendering, so in theory could be made compatible with Samsung QD-OLED triangular-subpixel structure; some early tests are promising.

For ClearType lovers who "upgraded" to an a QD-OLED, please test this...

Beta Test Image Eliminating Green/Purple Fringing

If you have a Dell Alienware AW3423DWF or another QD-OLED, please test this image:

Download for viewing in image viewer (to avoid zoomed browser): custom-triangle-cleartype-for-QDOLED-displays.png

Please specify if 1, 2, 1b, 2b, 1c, 2c, 1d, 2d has the least green/purple fringing on your QD-OLED display. Once I know the result, I'll communicate to the author of MacType for some OLED profile configuration files.

I'm going to obtain some prototype LG WOLED MacType profiles too.

Back
Top Bottom