World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Hello all, can i be a bit cheeky and ask if anyone has a discount code to share with me as i would like to buy a Alienware AW3423DWF Monitor , thought id try as every penny counts at the moment with the cost of living rises etc, thank you if you can nice folk of overclockers ;)
Just checked and the 10% blue light offer on monitors excludes AW monitors (it used to be all monitors). There is usually something floating about though.

Does anyone have this on a super long reach wall mounted bracket? there's one by ELIVED which comes out 490mm. I Got the monitor on Wednesday, will take some courage to trust a wall bracket with it!!
But i need to swing the monitor over to where my helicopter flight controls are..

Edit: there's another possible option, Ergotron LX Wall Mount. It is like a dead budgie, but i'd probably trust it more..

Last edited:
Ive got mine on an ergotron lx desk mount and it's been no problem at all. Can't comment on the wall version obviously and I never have it fully extended like it sounds you might want.

Yeah, they used their monitor even less than mine. And I only had mine for 3 weeks odd before I found the "burn in" issue (was gaming and using it near 12-14 hours a day at that early point and had not twigged and locked down the menu and header bars down from the default white colour). So not surprising really...

Does the DW have the same pixel refresh thing every 4 hours the DWF has? I'm still really worried about burn in as this was a warranty replacement and the warranty expires in a few months.

Does the DW have the same pixel refresh thing every 4 hours the DWF has? I'm still really worried about burn in as this was a warranty replacement and the warranty expires in a few months.
It does have the same 4 hour refresh notice.

Just make sure you don't ignore it for too long. And allow your system to sleep or turn off the monitor so it can automatically begin the refresh on its own if it's been set to automatic. And/or make sure you manually trigger it every so often yourself (check if the Panel is at Yellow or Red warning, if so, run the refresh. If green, can wait).

Yeah I've had to change my way of working to fit it. I used to just turn off all power to my desk via smart plug but now I have to let it do this thing first. Really is a pain.

I've done two panel refreshes now, so over 1000hrs of daily use. I use it for work during the day and gaming/content at night. So a good 10-15hrs a day or more, with a lot of that using "productivity apps". There is no hint of burn in for me at all.

Last edited:
That's good to hear for sure.. Thanks.

I assume he means when you press the menu button it has a panel health indicator which changes depending on how long ago you do the pixel refresh.

Back
Top Bottom