World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Not a single sign of burn in here since the monitor came out, checked on slides and nada :) Been used very heavily for various things, think it has done 5 of those panel refreshes now too.

I have only done one panel refresh. As I turn monitor off from the plug not had the message yet for a second one yet :D

I think I am on my 3rd panel refresh, but yes like HUB video, on mine I can see some very faint outline from where my browser windows are side by side at the same position every time. I also use the screen for WFH and productivity but these don't have the issue, it's only my main browser usage as I always have 2 windows side by side with tabs across both. Only visible when you look for it and only on a 50% grey full screen, otherwise I'd never notice it.

I suspect many will see it too on a similar background with similar heavy use.

3 years burn in warranty gives peace of mind.

I've still not really noticed any burn in after a year, even on dark grey backgrounds where you tend to notice it. I don't use side by side or anything for browsing though. My browser windows just end up in some random spot across the screen lol. Guess that probably helps with the burn in.

The panel refresh I don't really understand. I had two last year but I've not had it ask to do another one in quite some time. I don't know if its because I occasionally switch it off at the wall and that resets the timer on it or something. Bit dumb if it does. Guess I should maybe do a manual one...

Had mine since Sept and no burn in either. I turned off the pixel refresher notice, but if after 4 hours pass, it does it anyway when I hit the on/off button after use. Not had a panel refresh yet, but I’ve switched monitors a few times since, so I’m guessing I’ve not hit the 1000/1500 hour mark.

My panel firmware is MOB102

Last edited:
Not a single sign of burn in here since the monitor came out, checked on slides and nada :) Been used very heavily for various things, think it has done 5 of those panel refreshes now too.

Mine is the same and it's been heavily used since launch for working from home and gaming in the evenings. No problems at all apart from the stuck red pixel it came with.

revisiting this thread, how's the QC going? i see theirs been a bunch of FW updates are any screens fairly reliable now? (including dells delivery with marks on)

revisiting this thread, how's the QC going? i see theirs been a bunch of FW updates are any screens fairly reliable now? (including dells delivery with marks on)
Mine has a build date of December and the screen was perfect it had no marks on it, Not had any issues with the latest firmware.

Last edited:
My DWF monitor which I got 2 weeks ago has a March build date on the box. The box was damaged in some corners and I was expecting the worst inside but the monitor itself is perfect.

I ran the built in test and I can’t see any dead pixels or other issues. I really love the monitor.

Just noticed that my AW3423DW lets me change brightness in the OSD menu when in HDR400 or HDR1000 mode. Also, contrast is grayed out and I cannot change that. I have firmware version M0B202. Using Windows 10. I thought that when the monitor is in HDR mode, that the brightness setting in the OSD is locked and cannot be changed? Is this an issue with my firmware or Windows 10? I also have a 2nd AW3423DW, same firmware, does the same thing. Anyone have any insight on this?

Just noticed that my AW3423DW lets me change brightness in the OSD menu when in HDR400 or HDR1000 mode. Also, contrast is grayed out and I cannot change that. I have firmware version M0B202. Using Windows 10. I thought that when the monitor is in HDR mode, that the brightness setting in the OSD is locked and cannot be changed? Is this an issue with my firmware or Windows 10? I also have a 2nd AW3423DW, same firmware, does the same thing. Anyone have any insight on this?

HDR brightness is blocked on my aw but I have an older firmware. Maybe they've listened to complaints and unlocked the brightness on the newest firmware

I'm on MOB102 and brightness is blocked. Interested how one of your monitors has it unlocked and the other is locked though, and both being on the same firmware.

I'd put it down to the monitor firmware causing this rather than Win10.

I'm gettign a fair amount of screen tearing with my AW3423DWF. G-Sync is enabled in control panel and everything looks correct settings wise. My understanding, after reading a bunch of reviews, that the DWF should still be fine with G-Sync. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm gettign a fair amount of screen tearing with my AW3423DWF. G-Sync is enabled in control panel and everything looks correct settings wise. My understanding, after reading a bunch of reviews, that the DWF should still be fine with G-Sync. Has anyone else experienced this?
It should be fine, mine performs the same as my gsync Asus screen.

Make sure the check box is also ticked in the Nvidia settings for Display Specific Settings as the screen is not validated

Make sure the check box is also ticked in the Nvidia settings for Display Specific Settings as the screen is not validated

Cheers for the suggestion. That box is ticked and it says the selected display is not valdated as G-Sync Compatible, which I gather is normal. I notice tearing in Halo Infinite and in Atomic Heart tho. One reddit thread suggested an issue with this monitor and G-Sync with HDR. I'll do some more testing, but atm can't get a handle on whether G-Sync is working of not for some games.

//edit - it looks like the cause was some werid nvidia control panel issues. A reset of settigns and reboot sorted thigns.

Last edited:
Cheers for the suggestion. That box is ticked and it says the selected display is not valdated as G-Sync Compatible, which I gather is normal…

//edit - it looks like the cause was some werid nvidia control panel issues. A reset of settigns and reboot sorted thigns.
Yea, that’s normal and nice one on the fix

Back
Top Bottom