World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Soldato
Are there any offers going for Dell. Looks like i missed the boat for the Dell posted several pages back that saw some get it reduced below £800.

There have been several offers for it recently at around that price, if you're not in any particular rush I'd say hold fire and another will likely appear soon. If you go on HotUKDeals and search for the model number you'll see the expired deals, which gives you an idea of how often they've popped up. You can also set an alert if you wish.

Last edited:
Associate
Are there any offers going for Dell. Looks like i missed the boat for the Dell posted several pages back that saw some get it reduced below £800.

That's what I did last night, from a few pages back. Fill out that form that was linked, and I got a 5% code emailed to me, took about 10/15mins to come through though. And it does stack with existing offers they have on products.

Associate
HI, after a few weeks running the AW3423DWF, i'm finding the colours washed out in games with HDR enabled. I've put windows into HDR mode and run the calibration tool too. Its the same if using HDR1000 or True Black in the monitor settings. Anyone else had this and got around it?

Soldato
HI, after a few weeks running the AW3423DWF, i'm finding the colours washed out in games with HDR enabled. I've put windows into HDR mode and run the calibration tool too. Its the same if using HDR1000 or True Black in the monitor settings. Anyone else had this and got around it?
Do the games support hdr?

Associate
Don't fancy trawling through to find this so hopefully somebody knows but....

Does the monitor continue to count hours when off? I did a pixel refresh this morning when I turned it off and now I've turned it back on some 8 hours later and it's prompting me to do another.

This happens often as though it's accumulating hours when physically off but the PC is of course still on.

Soldato

Are you in the latest firmware?

Associate
since last night mine has been emitting a high pitch whining noise. it's quite piercing. anyone else experienced this with this monitor?

Associate
since last night mine has been emitting a high pitch whining noise. it's quite piercing. anyone else experienced this with this monitor?
Not really had any whining from mine, other than when the fan came on and it was from that. But have avoided all the methods to kicking that little noisey thing into action and not ran into it again thus far (large portions of the screen showing pure white, or turning up the brightness level really high).

If the whining sound is not coming from the fan, I'd get that replaced.

Associate
Ok so have my AWF in creator mode with smart HDR off,
i went to play Il2 today with HDR selected in the video settings, but it doesn’t switch HDR on, my plan was not having HDR on normally, and just letting the games individually switch it on,
what am i missing ?

Soldato
Ok so have my AWF in creator mode with smart HDR off,
i went to play Il2 today with HDR selected in the video settings, but it doesn’t switch HDR on, my plan was not having HDR on normally, and just letting the games individually switch it on,
what am i missing ?
Leave HDR on within the monitor settings and off on windows desktop, then use the game settings to turn it on within the game.

Otherwise you would have to manually switch it on/off within the monitor all the time

Tabbing to windows will be slower from within the game because the monitor will be switching modes back and forth

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom