World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

I just got a pixel refresh request pop up while I was gaming, and it didn't have an option to snooze so I just clicked on it and the screen went black but the sound was still coming from the game. So, I esc paused the game and put the kettle on and when I returned the screen was switched off. I switched the screen back on and resumed the game.

It seems a bit intrusive, is there a better way to handle all that?

I just got a pixel refresh request pop up while I was gaming, and it didn't have an option to snooze so I just clicked on it and the screen went black but the sound was still coming from the game. So, I esc paused the game and put the kettle on and when I returned the screen was switched off. I switched the screen back on and resumed the game.

I just turn the notification off and then switch my screen off from the button on the front when I'm done using it. Light flashes on/off green when it's doing pixel refresh.

There is a bigger one that it still notifies me about but it's very infrequent, think it's some months between those ones so not a big deal.

It should give you the option to do this during idle.

Go into the monitor settings and look for maintenance you can select the option you want from there.

You can tell it to not bother you. Mine never comes up. It does the refresh when I turn off the monitor.

So I turn off "auto warning message"?

It's giving me a warning about image retention, but I assume it will still do the refresh with the auto warning message off?

I set the warning message to off, I just make sure I occasionally actually turn the screen off, so it does the standard refresh it does, you can tell when that is running as the light pulses green on/off.

The warning message was annoying and I turn the screen off regularly enough anyway.

I'm using a dark theme in Win 11 which helps a bit as well, I don't go to extremes as it's ultimately a monitor, but try not to leave too much full screen white on static imagery.

You can set your monitor to go standby after a few minutes and when it does it will start the refresh if it wants to. But yeah, if not it will do it once you press the off button.

Has anyone treated an OLED monitor as a normal screen? No dark mode, rotating wallpaper etc.

Don't get me wrong, it's a genuine question!

Yet to unbox mine and deliberating on its use. Only, it seems like all the burn in avoidance takes away the shine.

Has anyone treated an OLED monitor as a normal screen? No dark mode, rotating wallpaper etc.

Don't get me wrong, it's a genuine question!

Yet to unbox mine and deliberating on its use. Only, it seems like all the burn in avoidance takes away the shine.
Yea, me and as I bought it for one purpose which is mainly sim racing there’s constant static ui images on the screen. Nothing really to report so, the screen is awesome

Last edited:
I got mine last week and am a little torn on what to do at the moment.

I WFH one or two days a week and my original plan was to get a larger desk and keep using my old screen for work, and just use this for gaming.

However I'm working on this today as I don't have a new desk yet and it's so nice, working on a ultrawide is just perfect. Tempted to just use it for everything and rely on the burn in warranty, while doing some sensible things such as dark mode.

I got mine last week and am a little torn on what to do at the moment.

I WFH one or two days a week and my original plan was to get a larger desk and keep using my old screen for work, and just use this for gaming.

However I'm working on this today as I don't have a new desk yet and it's so nice, working on a ultrawide is just perfect. Tempted to just use it for everything and rely on the burn in warranty, while doing some sensible things such as dark mode.

Just use it; you'll have the upgrade itch in 3 years time anyway. :p

Just use it; you'll have the upgrade itch in 3 years time anyway. :p

Exactly. As much as I love this monitor I would love to get my hands on the next gen QD-OLEDs that will come out in the future. Would want a 4K one or 4K ultrawide. No more 1440p! It is too potato for me and the only saving grace for me is DLDSR.

Back
Top Bottom