World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Don't leave HDR on in Windows when not viewing HDR content. There should be no screen flashing when viewing HDR content.

Because the rear USB 3 ports are rather quite useful, I leave a trailing cable plugged in at all times for use of charging KB/mouse etc, how do I keep it tucked out of the way?

Easy :p

m5nZBYJ.jpg

Last edited:
1x panel marks from transit
2x screen burn after 3 months and 1.1 years.
What colour number do you use to check for screen burn? I don't think I have it from 8hrs a day work from home then 3-5 hours gaming, but I am only checking using apps so it might not be best way.

The built in colour checkers don't contain a dark grey, just standard grey, dark grey is where any burn is visible the most. I created my own set:

6EroMKG.png

Just colour point match them in PS or pixlr etc and save as PNG for the cleanest image and test away.

Best to speak to support. Techically you should be covered from manufacture date for 3 yrs.

Might just need to speak to the seller to transfer it

Cheers guys, i've sent them a message. They're technically a business but i don't think they're a partner of Dell so not sure how it would work. They've stated they are customer returns so its just adding more to the mystery on the warranty on these.

It's strange how some get burn in very quickly and likes of myself, screen still not a single sign of it, must be panel variance or other factors at play.

My brightness is also similar to what mrk uses, in fact, higher, mine is at 42% and also I use HDR far more often since he is a cp 2077 screenshot junkie :p
My answer was more in a general sense, as you queried how it was strange how some get burn in quickly and others don't. For your comparison with mrk, as you both have the same brightness set, it could be that he has more static image hrs.

Does Dell cover warranty if i purchase from an ebay seller?
iirc as long as you can get the original invoice you should be fine. I asked for it before purchase of my 2nd hand one (£550 and perfect nick, no complaints!) and the guy was fine sending it (also to help if ever needed, decent fellow).

Last edited:
iirc as long as you can get the original invoice you should be fine. I asked for it before purchase of my 2nd hand one (£550 and perfect nick, no complaints!) and the guy was fine sending it (also to help if ever needed, decent fellow).

Need to make sure i get that then, i mean if i bought it off ebay would ebay receipt count as a receipt? Cos technically they're a company so they bought them for distribution to their clients but was returned.

Back
Top Bottom