World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Need to make sure i get that then, i mean if i bought it off ebay would ebay receipt count as a receipt? Cos technically they're a company so they bought them for distribution to their clients but was returned.
In that case I'd say that any warranty would be with said company. Just check what their terms were on the original ad.

Only certain companies would count eBay invoice as a proper receipt iirc, EVGA would if you were buying from the original owner for instance but they were always pretty savvy in that regard.

Last edited:
In that case I'd say that any warranty would be with said company. Just check what their terms were on the original ad.

Only certain companies would count eBay invoice as a proper receipt iirc, EVGA would if you were buying from the original owner for instance but they were always pretty savvy in that regard.

Yeah in their listing they specifically say no warranty but have yet to get back to me regarding some sort of invoice from Dell so i could claim from Dell direct if anything happened. The listing says this:

"This item is a customer return, the packaging has been opened and there may be damage to the internal and/or external packaging but the item has been fully tested upon return to us and is in full working order and the product/accessories considered to be in "as new" condition. The item may have non-permanent signs of handling, such as fingerprints, etc that are consistent with the product being inspected and tested.

Some internal packaging such as cable ties, bags or protective films/wrappings may be missing or damaged. Some paraphernalia such as quick-start guides or manuals may be missing, these are usually available to view/download on the manufacturer's product page.

All of our return items are sold WITHOUT warranty, any item that arrives in a non-working condition can be returned within 14 days of purchase.

We have multiple quantities of this item, you will not necessarily receive the item pictured in the listing but all are a similar condition of item/packaging.

Will be sent safely and securely, ships same day (if ordered before 2pm)/day after ordering Mon-Fri. Orders placed on a weekend or bank holiday will ship on the next working day.

Free UK Shipping. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions."

wouldn't mind it if it was cheaper but for £650 i could get it brand new on offer/sale
Yeah for that money no point.
Nevertheless, I would still check directly with Dell - If I am correct, you just register the service tag on your account.
I am pretty sure you do not need any invoice for Optiplex PC - but maybe maybe monitors are different.
Its not uncommon to not require invoice and count warranty from manufacture date - Intel does that too.

It's genuinely hard to express just how much quieter the fans on this new revision/fw are. I actually can enjoy how silent my PC is once again when just not gaming :p

If this many 400x series cards were being replaced you lot would be up in arms, but people seem to be chuffed to send theirs back and get another replacement so soon? :cry:

What’s not to like? You get one of the best panels on the market for about £700 when on offer. If you get even a tiny amount of burn in, Dell will replace it no questions asked.

I spend around 80% of my time on my desktop, either browsing or writing, then gaming all evening! So that would be a concern :(

I spend around 80% of my time on my desktop, either browsing or writing, then gaming all evening! So that would be a concern :(

Keep your current screen for work?

Even then you could just use this and when/if it gets burn in. You’ll get another one sent out without having to return it first so there’s no downtime.

It’s pretty much risk free with Dell’s warranty service.

Keep your current screen for work?

Even then you could just use this and when/if it gets burn in. You’ll get another one sent out without having to return it first so there’s no downtime.

It’s pretty much risk free with Dell’s warranty service.

Cheers dude, will keep an eye for a good price! I am looking to upgrade my Dell,27",1440p/Gsync VN Monitor at some point!

If this many 400x series cards were being replaced you lot would be up in arms, but people seem to be chuffed to send theirs back and get another replacement so soon? :cry:
It's WAY more tedious replacing a GPU than a monitor. You have to take your PC appart for starters, a onitor just unplug some cables, replace, job done. And you get sent the new one first.

I think my usage of the DW has been considerably more than anyone out there with one so I fully expected burn in for around 12hrs a day 4-6 days a week. Knowing I can get a brand new one with a simple whatsapp message to Dell takes away any worry or inconvenience.

In the Oled market, the Aw3423dw does seem to be susceptible to burn in. Its a little concerning the number I have seen in its first year. I suspect sell on value will be low due to risk, and after 3 yrs I do wonder if it will be widespread. I also wonder if Dell may need to look at their warranty for future releases if they end up replacing a lot of monitors in the 3 year period. some are on monitor number 2-3 and we still have a couple of years to go.

Alienware have announced two news QD-OLED monitors

* AW2725DF is a 27inch 1440p 360hz, flat panel

* AW3225QF is a 32 inch 4k 240hz, curved panel

Both monitors launch January 2024, just two months from now!

Alienware says both monitors will also come with the 3 year burn in warranty as the existing aw34 monitors do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom