World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Couldn't resist anymore finally ordered a DWF.

Any hints and tips to reduce any chances of burn in?
For me, the main thing has been to take some sensible steps-

1. Turn the brightness down to suit your room. My room is dark. No point in having the monitor blindingly bright, if all it's doing is hurting your eyes!
2. Use wallpapers that avoid photos of the sun. And auto-switch the wallpaper often.
3. Avoid desktop clutter. You don't want anything static on the desktop.
4. In games, turn the HUD brightness down.

Last edited:
Cheapest so far I can get off is only 5% with Telegraph5AWMON

Update to this, just had an email..

Thanks for subscribing.

You'll be the first to know about the latest products, deals & more.
And as a thank you, enjoy this coupon the next time you shop with us.

VALID ON ALL DELL PCs AND LAPTOPS.

argghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :mad: :cry: MONITOR DAMN IT!

Didnt work for me, but then again, i had the Amex offer so they may have thought i had enough of a discount :)
Topcashback worked for me alongside the discount code everyone was using on release day. Wasn't sure whether it would because of the discount code, but they accepted it eitherway.

Has anyone noticed the fan which is always on the AW3423DW getting louder, or is it just my imagination? The Gsync fan rarely starts and has a weird breathing type of sound, but the always-on fan is significantly more noticeable now for me on top of the usual PC fans.

Should I ask for a replacement from Dell? The monitor is almost 1 1/2 old and I still have a warranty until mid-2025. I suspect the reason I am reluctant to ask is that I was really lucky with the screen - no dead pixels and no burn-in signs although I am using it for desktop use/work significantly

Has anyone noticed the fan which is always on the AW3423DW getting louder, or is it just my imagination? The Gsync fan rarely starts and has a weird breathing type of sound, but the always-on fan is significantly more noticeable now for me on top of the usual PC fans.

Should I ask for a replacement from Dell? The monitor is almost 1 1/2 old and I still have a warranty until mid-2025. I suspect the reason I am reluctant to ask is that I was really lucky with the screen - no dead pixels and no burn-in signs although I am using it for desktop use/work significantly

Mine still sounds the same and by sounds the same I mean I've never being able to hear it

Lower input lag on the DWF for this reason, it's well tuned ;)

Lower input lag cause no gsync module? Spose it's possible but there are monitors with gsync modules posting same or better latency as the dwf such as the Asus PG27AQN. The PG27AQN's gsync module also supports ulmb2 which gives that particular monitor motion clarity on par with a 500 to 600hz panel, but that's not related to latency it's a different thing all together

Last edited:
Bloody hell, guys, typical overlockers. Forum. Ask a question regarding the warranty and there starts a discussion about input lag- interesting to read but not helping, someone bragging their fan is as good as new - or they may need a hearing test - who knows- mentions about this monitor being flawed from start - I knew any fan anywhere is a recipe for disaster before I have purchased it, but the OLED imaged blew me away ..

Anyhow I have contacted Dell and they have asked to upload files with the noise .. the issue is, that my mobile Pixel 7pro- does not really capture the sound as well as in real life. I have uploaded them and will let you know the results
here is a sample https://photos.app.goo.gl/Dp8dhhJM5xjQtdtb6

I have the reply from Dell- the short version- is for me to put up with it.

Long version is the monitor can only be exchanged and not repaired - weird, I thought changing a fan should be straightforward, but yeah, I get now why they discontinued the product. The fan noise is not enough to justify a monitor change.
The representative I spoke to gave me a choice regarding a full refund ????. She said she would need to check with managers on Monday; no one can approve this work today.

This is a bit of a strange issue for me, I do love the OLED images, and although I have a nano IPS LG, now all I can see on it is the stupid IPS grey glow instead of a real black.. I am broken, can't use IPS anymore

If they approve the refund, big IF, what alternative do I have for the UW OLED screen ideally with no fans ???

Back
Top Bottom