World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Soldato
I upgraded to the AW3423DWF, as I managed to get it for £584 with some discounts from Dell.

Previously, I was using the LG 34GP950G, which is considered one of the best IPS ultrawides. For a while, I was tempted to switch to a 32" 4K monitor to gain some additional height and pixels. I considered the AW32, but even with discounts, it was still over £800, which I couldn't justify. So, I ended up getting the LG 32GR93U, which reviews well and, with a student discount, cost only £430.

Once I received it, I set it up and found the 32" to be too tall. I don't know if it was because I was so used to an ultrawide, but it just seemed massive. I loaded up some games, and while they looked crisper, the difference wasn’t hugely noticeable. Additionally, everything felt squeezed in on the sides. Even after a few days, I couldn’t get used to it and found it annoying. I now know that 34" is my sweet spot.

As I had sold my 34GP950G to my brother, I needed a new monitor so I checked Dell's site and saw that the AW34 OLED was on offer so I ordered it.

This is my first OLED experience (I'm a Samsung Neo QLED man), and I must say, this thing is stunning. I fired up Cyberpunk 2077, set it to HDR Peak 1000, and the colors and brightness were incredible. The game felt more vibrant, and the input latency and pixel response time were amazing, making it incredibly smooth.

I also played other games like Destiny 2, Battlefield 2042, and Call of Duty, and now I’m never going back to any other panel type.

I work from home and spend a lot of time in Outlook and Teams. Many people criticize the sub-pixel layout and text clarity, but it doesn’t bother me at all. I’ve made some recommended changes like using a black background and hiding icons/taskbar to reduce burn-in risk, but with the 3-year warranty, I’m not too worried.

All I can say is, I’m so glad I chose the AW3423DWF. I plan to keep this for quite a while, at least until the next revision!

Last edited:
Associate
I upgraded to the AW3423DWF, as I managed to get it for £584 with some discounts from Dell.

Previously, I was using the LG 34GP950G, which is considered one of the best IPS ultrawides. For a while, I was tempted to switch to a 32" 4K monitor to gain some additional height and pixels. I considered the AW32, but even with discounts, it was still over £800, which I couldn't justify. So, I ended up getting the LG 32GR93U, which reviews well and, with a student discount, cost only £430.

Once I received it, I set it up and found the 32" to be too tall. I don't know if it was because I was so used to an ultrawide, but it just seemed massive. I loaded up some games, and while they looked crisper, the difference wasn’t hugely noticeable. Additionally, everything felt squeezed in on the sides. Even after a few days, I couldn’t get used to it and found it annoying. I now know that 34" is my sweet spot.

As I had sold my 34GP950G to my brother, I needed a new monitor so I checked Dell's site and saw that the AW34 OLED was on offer so I ordered it.

This is my first OLED experience (I'm a Samsung Neo QLED man), and I must say, this thing is stunning. I fired up Cyberpunk 2077, set it to HDR Peak 1000, and the colors and brightness were incredible. The game felt more vibrant, and the input latency and pixel response time were amazing, making it incredibly smooth.

I also played other games like Destiny 2, Battlefield 2042, and Call of Duty, and now I’m never going back to any other panel type.

I work from home and spend a lot of time in Outlook and Teams. Many people criticize the sub-pixel layout and text clarity, but it doesn’t bother me at all. I’ve made some recommended changes like using a black background and hiding icons/taskbar to reduce burn-in risk, but with the 3-year warranty, I’m not too worried.

All I can say is, I’m so glad I chose the AW3423DWF. I plan to keep this for quite a while, at least until the next revision!
great to hear mate. Glad your enjoying your new monitor

Back
Top Bottom