World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Associate
I literally just spoke to a Dell representaive who assured me its coming today and that they've spoken to them and it's a minor issue with their tracking. 4 minutes later an email saying see you tomorrow. What a company!

Associate
The whole fan thing is really giving me doubts about bothering with this. I'd rather they made it thicker on the back and used a massive heatsink. Or at least use a larger decent fan.

Associate
Initially the dell representative said I could. but kept assuring me I'd have it tommorow. I'm extremely sus
I got told I could come collect it by a DHL CS rep, they assured me they spoke to the depot. Got to the depot and got told no, apparently the depot hadn't spoken to the CS person, lol.

Apparently a company wide policy was put in force at DHL for high value items that it has to be attempted to be delivered at least once before they'll allow you to pick it up due to the fraud they've been experiencing.

Associate
For what it's worth the day before mine was "meant" to be delivered by DHL(in this case it was DHL who missed the date not Syncreon tho), the dell tracking page updated to say "Departed Terminal Location". Think that's the status for it being handed over to DHL.
Does DHL have your orders? I've got no ref # or acknowledgement from them.
They don't actually give you anything, you have to do the 39999 in front of your order number thing to see the tracking. It only worked on the morning of delivery for me though, at around the time of it going out for delivery - 9amish.

Caporegime
The whole fan thing is really giving me doubts about bothering with this. I'd rather they made it thicker on the back and used a massive heatsink. Or at least use a larger decent fan.

I would say give it a try yourself and see, it seems to vary and also depend on how your ambient noise of your house/room is.

Associate

If you've got a quiet PC then the fan on the monitor is really noticeable.

Might be best waiting for the Samsung 34" G8QNB, it might not have any fans as it doesn't have a gsync module. Also the price leaked recently on an OcUK competitor and it was listed at £900.

Associate
Think it also depends on peoples tolerances to those kinds of noises. If you're the kind of person who spends a lot of money on your pc to not have fan noises then it's definitely not the monitor for you. When the monitor revs the fan up a bit higher I can hear it over my pc noises when browsing. I'd say my PC is pretty quiet when it's not being taxed though, I have the case fans and noctua nh-d15 set to lowish speeds when browsing. I'd imagine your average desktop build would probably mask the monitor noise.

Associate
For what it's worth the day before mine was "meant" to be delivered by DHL(in this case it was DHL who missed the date not Syncreon tho), the dell tracking page updated to say "Departed Terminal Location". Think that's the status for it being handed over to DHL.

They don't actually give you anything, you have to do the 39999 in front of your order number thing to see the tracking. It only worked on the morning of delivery for me though, at around the time of it going out for delivery - 9amish.

Thanks, that's helpful to know. We got our departing terminal updates last Friday though, so... anyones guess at this point. Will keep an eye and trying DHL 3999.

Associate
If you've got a quiet PC then the fan on the monitor is really noticeable.

Might be best waiting for the Samsung 34" G8QNB, it might not have any fans as it doesn't have a gsync module. Also the price leaked recently on an OcUK competitor and it was listed at £900.

That's a nice price for sure. I'd have to read up on freesync vs. gsync a little more first, as I do really like gsync on the X34A.

Think it also depends on peoples tolerances to those kinds of noises. If you're the kind of person who spends a lot of money on your pc to not have fan noises then it's definitely not the monitor for you. When the monitor revs the fan up a bit higher I can hear it over my pc noises when browsing. I'd say my PC is pretty quiet when it's not being taxed though, I have the case fans and noctua nh-d15 set to lowish speeds when browsing. I'd imagine your average desktop build would probably mask the monitor noise.

I've got 6 ML120s at about 350-400 RPM at idle, which I can just about hear if I put my ear closer, and a D5 at about 20%. Noises do annoy me to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom