X3:Terran Conflict has arrived

it takes a while for the god engine to stabilise itself and in that time it will add and take stations, it shouldn't do it that often though.

half the time its a khaak destroyer that jumps in and knocks out the odd station before the races respond and destroy it.

currently the universe traders are broken causing the economy in game to do odd things as the engine normally waits for the player to start up before truely kicking in.

Well finally got my hands on an Argon M6, and how much fun that was, only died when I ended up fighting 5 P's at the same time and then only 1 of them survived so not bad at all, but got to ask a question, went to explore Terran space, and could not find any protect missions what so ever. Whats up with that? Guess it may be due to core sectors having at least 3-4 M7's each, not to mention a complementary destroyer... So whats the better way to grind Terran rep, via trading?

Edit: Oh yeah do NOT go and explore Terran space with an M6, way too slow getting back :(

get a fast ship with cargo life support, do a few of the easy taxi missions and within half a dozen missions you will be able to buy the cap ships.

its insanely easy really half an hour to get enough rank to buy a hugely powerful destroyer, good luck getting hold of the top tier weapons though, very rare beasties.

Played this all weekend. Gets better the more you get into it. Missions are still very buggy but the revised/expanded economy seems to work well.

Gets much better once you start to get the Jumpdrives.

CPU useage is heavy though but tbh, I think its the first time my Q6600 has had a decent workout from a game since playing Forged Alliance. If they can get better use out of quads with the next patch, the game is going to be a long-laster.

I think its the first time my Q6600 has had a decent workout from a game since playing Forged Alliance. If they can get better use out of quads with the next patch, the game is going to be a long-laster.

bad news iam afraid mate, the game is single core only, it can bump other processes over to a second core if detected but the game itself wont use anymore then 1. a 3.6hgz octo core wont run it any faster then a 3.6 dual core.

devs have stated that utilising more then a core for the game would require an engine rewrite and they certainly wont patch in support.

Right, I've been doing combat missions for a good while now and they're getting to be too tough to attempt in my humble Nova Raider anymore. Trying to take on groups of enemies in it using its lasers seems to be pretty much suicide, so I'm wondering if I should be looking at using missiles and keeping my distance? I haven't used any missiles yet so I have no idea about them. Currently I have it set up with eight PACs, could someone more experienced than I (ie basically anyone) recommend an optimal loadout I could use with a view to doing patrol/defence/assassination missions?

I've got my rep up to Protector of the Federation with the Argon, so I've got access to all their ships and weaponry, but I only have about 5m liquid credits so I can't afford an M2/M6 or anything like that.

Edit: second question, what criteria have to be met for me to receive a per-kill reward while doing missions? I've been doing combat missions for the Argons with an Argon police license and only getting the base reward for completion of the mission, whereas a little while ago I was getting big bonuses per ship destroyed. Is this something to do with plot vs random mission?

Last edited:
I've got my rep up to Protector of the Federation with the Argon, so I've got access to all their ships and weaponry, but I only have about 5m liquid credits so I can't afford an M2/M6 or anything like that.
I just kept looking for average missions or lower. If the sector has few border patrol ships they can help you fighting enemy M6 until you can afford one yourself. I went from starting terran M4 straight into Argon M6, selling everything I had in the process, but making 6 mil within just 2-3 missions after it. Looking at ship stats, a good loaded M3 to a naked M6 the cost is only about double. But you only need about 2 mil to equip to enough to do 99% missions well.

Edit: second question, what criteria have to be met for me to receive a per-kill reward while doing missions? I've been doing combat missions for the Argons with an Argon police license and only getting the base reward for completion of the mission, whereas a little while ago I was getting big bonuses per ship destroyed. Is this something to do with plot vs random mission?

Think patrol missions give you bonuses per enemy ships, while defence missions do not seem to give you extra.

If you are having trouble with a m3 then you need to go up a lvl of ship, you could try different weapons you should have a varied load out anyway, try all the types your ship can carry and see which ones work the best.

In order to get a per kill bonus you need to do a patrol mission.

Im getting some very difficult patrol missions now, im getting 30-40 p's and even started to get k's turning up last xenon patrol i did had 3k's. Luckily ive now got a nice shiny M7 Cerberus.

Warning unless you have a m7 dont even think about taking on kaahk m6's, and forget about kaahk destroyers they will rip even a m7 to pieces.

Last edited:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=218622&start=105

Stuttering , frame rate issues to single frames , wonder whats causing it for so many people after extended play

I have a theory about the slowdown problems, and its all the pirates fault. Was mapping the pirate sectors yesterday and was very surprised to find NO pirates only a constant stream of traffic passing though. Without pirates thinning the number of ships the numbers go out of control and slow the game down.

I have a theory about the slowdown problems, and its all the pirates fault. Was mapping the pirate sectors yesterday and was very surprised to find NO pirates only a constant stream of traffic passing though. Without pirates thinning the number of ships the numbers go out of control and slow the game down.

In that case its pretty clear what you should do, become a pirate yourself :D. By far the most populated space I came across was terrans. My plan for the world domination is to create bases in the unknown sectors behind them and then wipe them out first :D

Back
Top Bottom