X3:Terran Conflict has arrived

You must have stole that ship you were ment to be transporting, you need to abort the mission before you claim the ship.

I was zipping about from station to station in my adv discoverer just before the mission fail bug happened, so all of the autosaves that I had were within about two minutes of each other and all from after I had claimed the ship. Doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it now. Next time I'm in the sector where I docked it, I'll take it to a shipyard and sell it, and see if that gets the heat off me. Appreciate the advice, though!

Also - can anyone recommend a good loadout for an M6 Centaur? I just spent ~2m on four concussion impulse generators, and halfway through my next combat mission stopped in the middle of a firefight to swap them back out for my old PACs; they just chewed through the energy far too quickly. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Arrrgh i really want to play this game but it feels like it was made to be annoying. Silly things like your squadren not following you or being really slow so i just abandon them and try and solo everything.
Having to sit there for 2 mins with no indicators on the screen waiting for a random NPC to contact you about a mission really annoy me, not knowing if you are doing the right thing by waiting for the random npc to contact you or if you have done something wrong >_<.
Getting randomly blown up, i was flying towards a gate and boom i got 1 shot killed by something and there goes 10 mins of traveling... sigh, it looks like it would be a really good game if it wasnt so annoying.

Is the argon nova still the best m3?

Haven't played since the days of x2 and i dont really have much time to play this at the moment so im not really getting very far but i should have enough cash to get an m3 soon and i was wondering if the nova is still the best choice

Quite enjoying playing the game but im only getting about 30 minutes max playtime at the moment and x3 is the kind of game you want to sit down and play for a few hours at the time....roll on the weekend

Is the argon nova still the best m3?

Haven't played since the days of x2 and i dont really have much time to play this at the moment so im not really getting very far but i should have enough cash to get an m3 soon and i was wondering if the nova is still the best choice

Quite enjoying playing the game but im only getting about 30 minutes max playtime at the moment and x3 is the kind of game you want to sit down and play for a few hours at the time....roll on the weekend

The Nova Raider (lots of variants of nova avaliable) is still one of the best easily available m3's, but miles from the best m3 in the game. The best M3 is the has to be the Spitfyre - 452ms 3x25mw shield and EMP weaponry.

have a look at the ship stats spread sheet in the OP. you are really spoiled for choice now there are 22 different m3's and 13 m3+'s

Last edited:
Well I had my first play last night, just did the first Terran mission where I kill a few useless enemy fighters around Neptune.

That was about it really. :D

I had to get to grips with the aiming system, but I think I've worked it out, aim for the red predictive target ahead of the enemy craft zipping around.

It was more like 10 minutes of dancing than dog fighting, but seemed pretty enough.

Well I had my first play last night, just did the first Terran mission where I kill a few useless enemy fighters around Neptune.

That was about it really. :D

I had to get to grips with the aiming system, but I think I've worked it out, aim for the red predictive target ahead of the enemy craft zipping around.

It was more like 10 minutes of dancing than dog fighting, but seemed pretty enough.

The weapons on that terran m4 are just rubbish at taking down m5's they are fine for anything bigger.

If you are using a joystick get flight command software MK2 and turn auto aim on "k"

Mouse and keyboard at the mo.

So the starting ship as Terran (I believe the first character in the start menu) is quite capable I take it?

The laser fire does seem a little slow, I'd like a rail gun myself. :D

cheers

do they all have hats for looking around etc?

its a shame my old c64 joystick won't work tbh, I still have it stashed away somewhere :D

Well I borrowed a joystick from a friend, and to say I suck royally with it, in dog fights it was not accurate enough for me to do anything but then last time I played a game with the joystick was Comanche 2 all those years ago, so probably explains why I suck.

I did find it useful though when you are controlling other ships via the map or looking things up. It allows you to control your ship without having to exit the screen to avoid stations/asteroids, other ships. So to me that does make it useful :)

anybody know of a good beginners guide to this game?

I have started as a trader
so far I have bought some nav software for my freighter but I didn't realise I need trading software for it too :/

I really wanted to have my freighter trading by itself so I can go out and do missions/fight/explore

so far I have bought some nav software for my freighter but I didn't realise I need trading software for it too :/

I really wanted to have my freighter trading by itself so I can go out and do missions/fight/explore

You can download a pdf with the guide for it from game makers website. But what you seem to need for it to autotrade well is trading software 1,2 and 3 (the first two are cheap but the last one is pretty expensive - 500k) I also equips those ships with best buy/sell locators just in case, but being a new player as well no idea what you need, maybe you will get away with just trading software mk3.

But id wait until someone who knows more will post, maybe sattelites in neighbouring systems help as well as they can give you feed what is the volume of what where. If that makes even slight sense. :(

The piece of software you NEED to do remote trading is the "Trading systems extension" this has to be on the ship you are flying, this allows you to manually trade with remote ships. Trade software mk1+2 will allow you to setup manual trade runs, useful but not essential.

When you can afford it then get Trade software MK3, about 300k each. This allows you to setup system and universe traders, they will search a system\ universe for the best deals and automatically make proffittttttss for you.

so the Trading system extension is really for buying and selling without docking? hence I need to be piloting the freighter to make use of it?

what do I need to get my freighter buying and selling from one sector to another while I am out doing missions,etc in another ship?

where can I get the bestbuy/sell software?

so the Trading system extension is really for buying and selling without docking? hence I need to be piloting the freighter to make use of it?

what do I need to get my freighter buying and selling from one sector to another while I am out doing missions,etc in another ship?

no you must have a ship docked at the station you want to trade with, the TSE alows you to order a ship not the one you are piloting to trade with a station.

Best buy/sell are dotted around various trading stations, think came across a few in terran bases as well. They are generally easy to find but I suck at trying to operate them.

For now my plan includes setting up a sat network around some argon/terran sectors to help trading. I am not really sure how system trader works, once it reaches some sort of experience, it can jump into neighbouring systems to trade at.

On the other side, how do you make laser towers friendly with you? After my original Argon rep hit, they love me all apart from a laser tower which shoots me on sight and a mine I was trying to defend once. Can you even make peace with those thing?

Back
Top Bottom