X3:Terran Conflict has arrived

In that case its pretty clear what you should do, become a pirate yourself :D. By far the most populated space I came across was terrans. My plan for the world domination is to create bases in the unknown sectors behind them and then wipe them out first :D

WORLD domination, you are thinking to small its galactic domination or nothing.

Ok ok, galactic domination then, how does this plan sound:

Think il restart current campaign. Those m5's you get each got the same weapon as in your M4, so you can pimp out your m4 quiet well. After that grind teladi for their m5's and start being friends with Argon.

After getting an M1, il go for bulding a base/remote exploration using Teladi m5's while sitting happily in Argon space doing more missions. Should be able to remotely guide an M5 easily to the sector and while there map out the route.

Once I got both terran and argon shipyards and other necesary buildings to build fleet, il start my campaign to wipe out every race with argon and terran being last. Or get Terrans first as their systems are very nice starting locations for my empire as there seems not to be any pirates attacking or anything.

What sort of a patrolling fleet do I need to make sure the "God engine" doesn't spawn anything that can put a flaw in my plan? Had a look into patrolling software and it seems to be quiet easy to use, played with it in an M5 :D

Last edited:
In that case its pretty clear what you should do, become a pirate yourself :D. By far the most populated space I came across was terrans. My plan for the world domination is to create bases in the unknown sectors behind them and then wipe them out first :D

good luck trying to take earth :p

good luck trying to take earth :p

Well having never played X games before, I got no idea what to expect and if people say its hard... I was going to stop at mars and put a blockade around the gate :).

Do tell me, what other pitfalls I may have in this plan? And what is earth defence is like?

****here be spoilers!!!****

---------------

you cant actually get to earth itself, the earth sector is a giant defence ring thousands of times bigger then the biggest destroyer fully kitted out with insta-kill weapons. even as a hero of the terrans after completing the terran campaign if you stray off the designated docking lane boom your dead.

Showing my age here! But I was a massive fan of the original and best Elite for the BBC model B. I looked at this series a while back and it was as described overcomplicated in my view….

I’m so looking forward to an elite style game in a live online universe that looks as good as the X series but actually you can play and pick up easy…

I take it this is neither online universe or easy and demands a killer rig to play?

Why can't I use my jumpdrive anywhere in the solar system? I can jump anywhere else, but if I open Jupiter, Saturn, any solar sector basically it won't let me select a gate. I have to jump to Asteroid Belt and then fly in manually which is pretty tedious.

Why can't I use my jumpdrive anywhere in the solar system? I can jump anywhere else, but if I open Jupiter, Saturn, any solar sector basically it won't let me select a gate. I have to jump to Asteroid Belt and then fly in manually which is pretty tedious.

Try the unknown sector, also please tell me if you can jump into them (plan to have my base of operations there, but if you cannot jump straight in il reconsider)

Try the unknown sector, also please tell me if you can jump into them (plan to have my base of operations there, but if you cannot jump straight in il reconsider)

The accelerators used by the terrans are NOT jump gates, a jump drives needs a gate to lock onto in order to work. There is one exception to this rule but if i was to tell you it would ruin the surprise.

OK, encountered my first bug.

I took on a mission to return an abandoned ship to a nearby base, and after finding it ordered it to go back to where it needs to be, but the mission keeps failing with the 'you ran out of time' message when I still have 31 minutes on the clock. I've reloaded a bunch of times and it keeps happening. What's going on?

I've been flying around in perfectly safe space and so have only been using my autosaves, so all 3 of the rolling save spots are from after I accepted this mission, which due to this bug I now cannot complete. As far as I can see my only options are to allow this to completely wreck my reputation or to throw away my last five realtime hours of play.

Edit: gave up trying to get the mission to complete and just kept on playing, the next mission I did I recovered all my lost reputation, and now I have a free M8 from the failed mission into the bargain. I guess that bug was actually a bonus.

Last edited:
OK, encountered my first really nasty bug.

I took on a mission to return an abandoned ship to a nearby base, and after finding it ordered it to go back to where it needs to be, but the mission keeps failing with the 'you ran out of time' message when I still have 31 minutes on the clock. I've reloaded a bunch of times and it keeps happening. What's going on?

I've been flying around in perfectly safe space and so have only been using my autosaves, so all 3 of the rolling save spots are from after I accepted this mission, which due to this bug I now cannot complete. As far as I can see my only options are to allow this to completely wreck my reputation or to throw away my last five realtime hours of play. Is this a known bug?

Ive had a similar bug, the timer must be wrong.

some things to try

use the repair gun on the ship before sending it, this will speed up the ship

use a jump drive to get the ship to the required system quickly

give up... if you abort the mission before you pick up the ship you lose nothing.

edit, Another one to try will have to see if this works without losing rep. Accept the mission goto the system and sit by the ship. Abort the mission and then claim and sell the ship.....

Last edited:
give up... if you abort the mission before you pick up the ship you lose nothing.

edit, Another one to try will have to see if this works without losing rep. Accept the mission goto the system and sit by the ship. Abort the mission and then claim and sell the ship.....

:eek: I am dumb, didn't think of that :(

Ugh, after flying around the solar system for a bit I've just realised all the Terran police are now marked as hostile. If I comm them they tell me to gtfo. My rep is the highest possible with the Terrans so I'm not sure what else I can try to fix this.

Ugh, after flying around the solar system for a bit I've just realised all the Terran police are now marked as hostile. If I comm them they tell me to gtfo. My rep is the highest possible with the Terrans so I'm not sure what else I can try to fix this.

You must have stole that ship you were ment to be transporting, you need to abort the mission before you claim the ship.

Back
Top Bottom