X3:Terran Conflict has arrived

Best buy/sell are dotted around various trading stations, think came across a few in terran bases as well. They are generally easy to find but I suck at trying to operate them.

For now my plan includes setting up a sat network around some argon/terran sectors to help trading. I am not really sure how system trader works, once it reaches some sort of experience, it can jump into neighbouring systems to trade at.

On the other side, how do you make laser towers friendly with you? After my original Argon rep hit, they love me all apart from a laser tower which shoots me on sight and a mine I was trying to defend once. Can you even make peace with those thing?

If it involves trading then the telardi will always sell it (check their equipment docks)

Dont bother sating the terran sectors, as you cant jump into them they arnt worth the effort. Oh and only place sats in safe sectors.

To solve the problem with the laser tower try comm'ing it and apologizing if that doesnt work just blow it up problem solved.

In X2 and X3:R you were able to purchase a hacking service from pirate stations, this will hack the computers of the station and make it friendly again. I suspect this is still available check the missions on the closest pirate base.

Last edited:
so the Trading system extension is really for buying and selling without docking? hence I need to be piloting the freighter to make use of it?

what do I need to get my freighter buying and selling from one sector to another while I am out doing missions,etc in another ship?

where can I get the bestbuy/sell software?

Trading system extension is so that you can instruct other ships that you own (but aren't currently piloting) to buy/sell from stations they are docked at.

To get a trader up and running, you need 'trade command mk3 software. Costs about 500k. Set it up trading in a single sector, and when it gets to a certain level (level 8?) you can set it up as a universe trader, and that's when the money really rolls in. Make sure you give it a jumpdrive and a few energy cells though, when it becomes a UT.

Best buy/sell software is available at Teladi trading stations. Rule of thumb; for anything related to trading, go to the Teladi.

After a sector trader gets some more levels, it can cover a few sectors, or at least that's how I read it. It can move 1 system either side, I think. Mine only just gained that so haven't managed to fly to its "home" system from where I want him to trade.

After a sector trader gets some more levels, it can cover a few sectors, or at least that's how I read it. It can move 1 system either side, I think. Mine only just gained that so haven't managed to fly to its "home" system from where I want him to trade.

You need to restart the ST and set the number of sectors it can travel, ive tried it but its bugged and doesnt work, lust leave the st untill it reaches lvl 8-10 then start the UT far far better, a ST will make 100k's while a UT makes 1000k's.

You need to restart the ST and set the number of sectors it can travel, ive tried it but its bugged and doesnt work, lust leave the st untill it reaches lvl 8-10 then start the UT far far better, a ST will make 100k's while a UT makes 1000k's.

I need to fly miles to get the transporter upgrade tough :( can nay ship have it or there is a container type requirement? I.e I can't just fly there in a split M5 at 600 m/s and warp back?

Also found an awesome location for my new base now, instead of the terran sectors as they cannot be jumped into :(

Now the choice is to save up for an M7 or the huge thing that can take stations? Or can you hire one? Is there a guide avaliable as to how you can build things? Looked around the developers forum, but most posts that are relevant look to be from 05...

Only in certain sectors, I found pirates to be almost never present in sectors where I trade (around terrans area, where split/argon/telardi live, about +/- 10 systems). Never lost a ship to a random pirate incursion. Also both my freighters don't have any guns either. And one of them didn't even have any shields.

Other sectors around though, like new profit seem to be swarmed by pirates, well they have pirate convoys with Beastclaws. And damn the only M3's that manage to kill my M6 o_O And last time I lost to just 3 of them and an M4 o_O.

Useful mods and scripts,

One of the lovely things about this game is there is a massive mod and script community. here is some of their useful stuff, not tried them yet but will be installing some tonight.

[script] Salvage Claim Software - Claim ships from the safety of your ship (and its not illegal)

[MOD] Add 100k to Draw Distance - can kill performance but makes things more realistic

[SCRIPT] Remove Rocks from Universe - helps performance

[MOD] No Civilians - Performance mod again

[SCRIPT] [2008.10.25] Weapons Quickswap v1.01 - nice mod to allow you to setup 3 different weapon profiles

[SCRIPT] NPC Bailing Addon v1.3 (beta) - makes ships bail in NPC v NPC battles

[SCRIPT] Improved Boarding - Boarding party hot keys (yay)

lots more at http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216690

will add these to the OP

Last edited:
I need to fly miles to get the transporter upgrade tough :( can nay ship have it or there is a container type requirement? I.e I can't just fly there in a split M5 at 600 m/s and warp back?

as long as the cargo bay of the ship you are using is big enough you can do this.

Now the choice is to save up for an M7 or the huge thing that can take stations? Or can you hire one? Is there a guide avaliable as to how you can build things? Looked around the developers forum, but most posts that are relevant look to be from 05...

M7 or TL the choice is yours, what do you want to build? ill give you some tips.

You can hire TL's to transport stations for you, its only when you really become serious and start making your own self sustaining complexes that you really need your own(NPC TL's are very slow), saying that the Split Elephant used to make a good cheap carrier ship in X3:R but a M7 is the weapon of choice now.

Ohh, performance mods are really needed for me, in big fights the game responds a tad too slow to aim properly which wastes shields :(.

Well basically I got 9mil in credits and can sell my M6, it is quickly becoming too weak for any real missions now. Last patrol had me fighting 10 Pirate M6's which with just one doesn't strike me as good chances, saying that one recent mission gave me 2.4mil for just 3 M6's which came one after another so it was relatively easy. So thinking of retiring from fighting until I can afford to buy an M2.

So anyway got around 9 + 8mil or so if il sell the M6. Found a nice empty sector with two (ore and silicon) good asteroids of 50+ yield. So was going to plonk my base into there. Kinda get the general "loop" thing, but what is a good "starting" loop, I want to end up being able to build ships, or at the very least equip them, so I guess my aim would be gauss cannon factory?

Ah, no idea where that is, but have seen buses go there. Only came to Bristol for uni but decided to stay after.

But yeah, is it possible to buy shipyards? And where are they sold? I am guessing something like a shield/weapon manufacturing plant is a good ending point for a small bunch of buildings, last time I checked factories were generally ok priced and if I can hire a ship that can drop me Station containers it be great. Although means travelling all the way back to my spot via a xenon sector.

Ah, no idea where that is, but have seen buses go there. Only came to Bristol for uni but decided to stay after.

But yeah, is it possible to buy shipyards? And where are they sold? I am guessing something like a shield/weapon manufacturing plant is a good ending point for a small bunch of buildings, last time I checked factories were generally ok priced and if I can hire a ship that can drop me Station containers it be great. Although means travelling all the way back to my spot via a xenon sector.

Dont think you can buy shipyards, but you can get a Player HQ, that allows you to reverse engineer any ship and build them. Be warned the PHQ is a reward from one of the missions and it takes a LONG LONG LONG time to get.

Good proofffffffffiiiiiitttttttssss making stations are "space weed" and "space fuel", you dont even have to sell the stuff your self just make it. Set the selling price 1-2c below average and wait for the proffits to come to you.

It connects the core Argon sector and think Teladi or Split border, can't remember which is which. But its near Moomanark's Legacy or something like that. The one that has 2 gates opposite each other.

Back
Top Bottom