X3:Terran Conflict has arrived

Just picked my copy up from Zavvi in Bournemouth for £20 New, couldent beleive it was so cheap.

Anyone else interested in getting a copy might do well to check out their local sore.

Hmmh, looking at the cost of setting up a self sufficient space fuel distillery, should be able to do it after selling my M6 with enough left over to buy enough freighters for it. Will try this trading thing. So what about software upgrades and such, if you buy an trading station can you get the upgrades for free? And what about rudder/engine/cargo addons? It seems that adding additional cargo to a TS freighter, costs more then buying a new one o_O.

Hmmh, looking at the cost of setting up a self sufficient space fuel distillery, should be able to do it after selling my M6 with enough left over to buy enough freighters for it. Will try this trading thing. So what about software upgrades and such, if you buy an trading station can you get the upgrades for free? And what about rudder/engine/cargo addons? It seems that adding additional cargo to a TS freighter, costs more then buying a new one o_O.

1st if its going to be a self sustaining complex then no need for freighters :D, you would be advised to buy some stock to help kick start the production, for a space fuel one about 20,000k ec's, a few 1000 crystals, 5000ish silicone and lots of wheat. ( im only guessing but just keep manually pumping stuff in until it stops flashing)

2nd never got far enough in any of my X3 games to know about rudder and engine tuning stuff, but you can buy trading stations and equipment docks so it should be doable with one of them. If not im sure there is a mod or script that adds the feature.

1st if its going to be a self sustaining complex then no need for freighters :D, you would be advised to buy some stock to help kick start the production, for a space fuel one about 20,000k ec's, a few 1000 crystals, 5000ish silicone and lots of wheat. ( im only guessing but just keep manually pumping stuff in until it stops flashing)

Guess that is via the station connector kits right? If I include them in my price up, it will likely to be thrown out of what I can afford. But oh well, something is bound to turn up. Will have a go but not looking forward to dragging my fleet(M6, 2xM5 and 2xTS) via the xenon sector and the lawless (read pirate infested) areas after that.

Guess that is via the station connector kits right? If I include them in my price up, it will likely to be thrown out of what I can afford. But oh well, something is bound to turn up. Will have a go but not looking forward to dragging my fleet(M6, 2xM5 and 2xTS) via the xenon sector and the lawless (read pirate infested) areas after that.

Send them the long way much safer, if you haven't already get a copy of the Universe map see my OP for a link

My copy arrived this morning, £17.99 :).

Had a play around and I am going to give the trader a go first. Followed a few of the steps in the manual and made about 20k. Talking about the manual though its the biggest one Ive seen for a few years, non of that 10 page leaflet you get these days.

So the manual said something about putting up satellites to quickly check the market prices of sectors, how do I do this and how much does it cost?

My plan is to trade for enough credits to put up a factory complex, get rich and get myself a nice fleet.

OK, I just bought a solar power plant, have set it up and everything, couple of questions...

How do I keep it supplied? I bought a bunch of crystals and manually dumped them at the plant, so it's producing for now, but how do I keep it in crystals? Secondly, it's only been going for a little while and its stock is halfway full - will AI ships come and buy the energy cells themselves, or do I need to assign a freighter to actively go out and sell them?

Edit Q3: And why might I want to give it money? I've given it 1m because I assume that must be there for a reason, but I can't figure out why it would need it.

Last edited:
I've never played any of the X3 games, so would it be worth buying X3: Reunion before I buy this? Also, it looks very similar to EVE Online in terms of graphics and the things I have read about the games, is this right or is it just vague similarities?

OK, I just bought a solar power plant, have set it up and everything, couple of questions...

How do I keep it supplied? I bought a bunch of crystals and manually dumped them at the plant, so it's producing for now, but how do I keep it in crystals? Secondly, it's only been going for a little while and its stock is halfway full - will AI ships come and buy the energy cells themselves, or do I need to assign a freighter to actively go out and sell them?

Edit Q3: And why might I want to give it money? I've given it 1m because I assume that must be there for a reason, but I can't figure out why it would need it.

You can operate a factory in one of two ways really... A closed system purely for you where you buy and sell the goods yourself with your own freighters or an open to all system where the factory buys and sells on its own accord... This is why it needs money so it can buy before it runs out of resources.

You can operate a factory in one of two ways really... A closed system purely for you where you buy and sell the goods yourself with your own freighters or an open to all system where the factory buys and sells on its own accord... This is why it needs money so it can buy before it runs out of resources.

Assuming I wanted to go for option #1, how do I dedicate a freighter to buying crystals for the solar power plant? I've been fiddling with various control settings and orders and watching freighters go back and forth for about an hour, and I can't figure it out.

The manual helpfully provides no insight at all as to how to do this either. In the Q&A at the end of the build and trade section, it says that I have to set the freighter's home base to the solar power plant, and then "a whole new set of command options will become available". It doesn't actually tell you what those options are or what they do, though, so it's no real use to a new player.

Ok, question I hired a TL to bring me stations, how do I go about dumping them, capitan doesn't seem to give me any build options, for now I am just moving him into position but after that I am a bit confused as to how to build o_O

Edit: Ahh worked it out, you have to be in the same sector to be able to place buildings down. Will see what sort of a mess I can get into, so far 3 out of 5 are down, need a power plant and something else, got JUST enough funds for them without selling the M6 :D.

Pretty cool, though my station looks very demented haha.

Last edited:
Ok, question I hired a TL to bring me stations, how do I go about dumping them, capitan doesn't seem to give me any build options, for now I am just moving him into position but after that I am a bit confused as to how to build o_O

One of the comms options is 'drop my freight here', that's all you have to do. It doesn't actually have to be built, which confused me for a bit at first as well

One of the comms options is 'drop my freight here', that's all you have to do. It doesn't actually have to be built, which confused me for a bit at first as well

It turns out the option is not available until you enter the same system, which what caught me out. Well my complex is alive and didn't have to sell the M6 :D. Now only problem is jump staring the whole "self sufficient" thing. Apparently I need more then 600 something energy things. Next time il try to fill a freighter with them and fly them here to start the production. Although now I wish that I never connected the ore mine to the main complex. It just produces and produces ore eating energy. Should have added it AFTER the complex was self sufficient :( Live and learn hugh.

It turns out the option is not available until you enter the same system, which what caught me out. Well my complex is alive and didn't have to sell the M6 :D. Now only problem is jump staring the whole "self sufficient" thing. Apparently I need more then 600 something energy things. Next time il try to fill a freighter with them and fly them here to start the production. Although now I wish that I never connected the ore mine to the main complex. It just produces and produces ore eating energy. Should have added it AFTER the complex was self sufficient :( Live and learn hugh.

you will need a lot more than 600 ec's best to drop 20-30,000 of them into the station they get used up fast, or are you talking crystals?

ore mine? whats a ore mine doing in a space fuel complex you need a silicone mine to feed the crystal fab to make crystals to feed the solar plant that makes Energy....

Energy feeds the wheat farm that makes the wheat for the space fuel distillery.

So check what you have put in the complex it should be somthing like

1 silicone mine M
1 crystal fab M
1 solar plant L
2 wheat farms M or 1 L
1 space fuel distillery L

once its up and running you might need to add more plants to maximise production, ie if you are producing more wheat than you are using add another space fuel distillery.

So check what you have put in the complex it should be somthing like

1 silicone mine M
1 crystal fab M
1 solar plant L
2 wheat farms M or 1 L
1 space fuel distillery L

I have this same set up but with:
a cahoona bakery
cattle ranch
more wheat farms
A HEPT forge
200 MJ shield fab

i just have to ship in ORE and Silicone. but working on that next.

i have clean out all my credit building it so, need to save for a while.

and add some protection

you will need a lot more than 600 ec's best to drop 20-30,000 of them into the station they get used up fast, or are you talking crystals?
Erk, that's a lot, I found that 2 tanker's full seemed to do the trick, but I only had one crystal fab which was not producing enough crystal for the solar plant, so had to pawn M6 for another crystal fab.

Although the thing is not really self sufficient until the next fab gets here, it does make profit at least :D

ore mine? whats a ore mine doing in a space fuel complex you need a silicone mine to feed the crystal fab to make crystals to feed the solar plant that makes Energy....
Wanted to connect it for giggles mainly, it was cheap and the hired TL was going that way, so I figured why not. Afterall ore is used for other things. Drugs manufacturing is just one thing I want ;).

It was a fun experiment and I am enjoying it more then fighting ever increasing stream of M6's. Its easier hehe :D.

According to the calculator two crystal fabs should do the trick, just depends if I can keep going on one freighter load of energy cells. If this one doesn't work, il get two more loads (got two freighters) and they are making profit so its all good. With another crystal fab at worst the complex will operate for longer which is good enough.

Back
Top Bottom