X3:Terran Conflict has arrived

cheers guys, that's a relive.

Also is on the site is there a list of the rankings. I can't seem to see anything. It's annoying as I don't know if I'm 1 or 5 rankings away from being able to purchase certain things.

installed latest patch any not only did it screw over my install but stopped my DVD drives from working too.
it's got some kinda Securom thing it installs when you patch. there's a remover for it tho so fear not! just that you have to uninstall/re-install to get it working again!

installed latest patch any not only did it screw over my install but stopped my DVD drives from working too.
it's got some kinda Securom thing it installs when you patch. there's a remover for it tho so fear not! just that you have to uninstall/re-install to get it working again!

Never had any problems installing patches for this game.

The only problems i know of involve installing the wrong patch or manually patching a steam version of the game.

anyone got a good startup guide for this? and anyone played though the storys yet? need to get me a joystick!

lots of startup guides over on the egosoft forums (if i get some time ill see if i can find one for you).

The only plots ive bothered to finish is the Terran, and final fury. Realy should get round to finishing the others. But i know enough to advise people on any of them.

edit

This looks like i should be good
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=1571302

Last edited:
Im thinking of starting playing this, but i remember last time i tried the controls were crazy!

If i was to strat playing has anyone got any tips? does a joystick really help?

The controls still have the same learning curve they have always had. X3TC does have a new slidebar interface that does help a bit but they are still complex.

I dont know about strating a game but if you were to start a game then go for the humble merchant start and read through the guide i posted above.

[Edit]
Oh yes i highly recommend a joystick its the best way to play the game.

But how do you do a spiral strafe roll while firing and changing speed with KB and mouse?

You also cant control your ship while you have menu's open.

But how do you do a spiral strafe roll while firing and changing speed with KB and mouse?
Easy!
A+Q / D+E for the strafe and roll, mouse wheel to change speed and holding Right click to fire ;)
In normal flight I use Z and X for speed control though :p

Don't really tend to need to control the ship when I have the menu open, I guess it would be nice, but its not a major issue. I can aim better with a mouse than a joystick anyway :)

Easy!
A+Q / D+E for the strafe and roll, mouse wheel to change speed and holding Right click to fire ;)
In normal flight I use Z and X for speed control though :p

Don't really tend to need to control the ship when I have the menu open, I guess it would be nice, but its not a major issue. I can aim better with a mouse than a joystick anyway :)

Thats a lot of keys needed, you can do all of it with one hand on a joystick. You also have better control over the rudder.

Would be nice if the game was MP then we could see which is best :D

hmm, I can never tell whats best, started the game again and have forgotten everything! is the 2nd ship you get (M5 I think) better than the starting ship? doesn't seem to be?

Back
Top Bottom