X3:Terran Conflict has arrived

Thats a lot of keys needed, you can do all of it with one hand on a joystick. You also have better control over the rudder.

Would be nice if the game was MP then we could see which is best :D

Yeh I wish there was multiplayer, that would be amazing.... I'd take you on :D hehe
It's not that many keys really, pressing numerous buttons at once doesn't really phase me, not once have I been killed and thought "I'd have dodged that if I had to press less buttons" (normally when I die it is me saying "******* gamma kyon emitters are too powerful against hulls :mad:)

Just had an awesome moment in game though, I found a high paying "recover this ship" mission, so took it and saw it was a Kraken, so I claimed it and cancelled the mission. Only to return to my "home* Teladi sector with half of the Argon Navy chasing me :D

Been setting up my Panther to have a nice load out of fighters on it, it's great watching them all take off and attack one target blowing it to pieces!

what ship do you guys aim for first when you started?

Good question.

I dont think ive ever done the same thing twice.

In my first game of TC i started off with a saber(m4) then upgraded to a nova raider(m3), then went on to a panther(m7).....

In my current game i started with a scorpion(m5) then upgraded to a blastclaw prototype(m3), then onto a HCP(m6), then a shreik(m7)....

Generally you want to aim for a decent m3. Then move onto something bigger.

The cost of getting a decent m3 ranges from 0 to several million depending on what method you use to acquire them.

I tend to run various mods to make it more likely to find abandoned ships to speed up the game a little, I think the most recent time I started I custom spawned myself a falcon hauler, my second ship was a Magnetar :) and have played since then.
As to which ship I'd go after, I'd generally try and get something similar to a Nova Raider, or maybe a Split Mamba, it depends what you can find really. So long as you can mount HEPT/EBC on the front and it has a rear turret you're usually pretty safe.

Next time I start from scratch I'm probably going to start with a weedy M5 and see how far I can get without taking advantage of so many of the hidden ships :p

@ Vent - try and cap one :) Pirates bail a fair bit.

The Blastclaw is nice, but I prefer having more front guns which I control the trigger for with the Eclipse. More laser energy and shield recharge too. I don't think the hull values are correct there, The Eclipse has 11250 hull

That ship is one of the best to use in a fighter wing, so keep it safe until you can RE it and make loads of them.
Yeh makes up for how dopey AI pilots are at times in just brute shielding :D
I keep one docked to my Hyperion along with a Kestrel for scouting :)

Ok so I've bought the game and started off as a trader and I have a few gripes, I'm not sure if I'm just being a dunce or if this is how the game is supposed to play.

1. Every time I jump into a system I have to fly to each space station / factory / asteroid to 'discover' it so that I can then refer to it for docking. Is this normal or am I missing something? I would've thought that that far in the future technology would let you scan the system and communicate at distances greater than 7-8km... maybe not...

2. Trading. How on earth are you supposed to do this? I buy stuff at what seems to be a reasonable price and then have to spend ages going from station to station trying to find a decent buyer for my wares. Can I just jump into a system and check remotely? I know later on I can use satellites but initially it's proving to be a bit of a killer for my interest in the game.

3. Systems where all you can see is nebulous pea soup. Is there some way to find space station in this or do I have to drift around like a moron looking for them?

Very pretty game but it's a nightmare to get into...

doing a patrol and get to the 3rd system then get jumped about about 15 pirates? happened twice now. all seem to go for me and my wingmen just sit there and suck their thumb!

Ok so I've bought the game and started off as a trader and I have a few gripes, I'm not sure if I'm just being a dunce or if this is how the game is supposed to play.

1. Every time I jump into a system I have to fly to each space station / factory / asteroid to 'discover' it so that I can then refer to it for docking. Is this normal or am I missing something? I would've thought that that far in the future technology would let you scan the system and communicate at distances greater than 7-8km... maybe not...

2. Trading. How on earth are you supposed to do this? I buy stuff at what seems to be a reasonable price and then have to spend ages going from station to station trying to find a decent buyer for my wares. Can I just jump into a system and check remotely? I know later on I can use satellites but initially it's proving to be a bit of a killer for my interest in the game.

3. Systems where all you can see is nebulous pea soup. Is there some way to find space station in this or do I have to drift around like a moron looking for them?

there a module for trading with stations without docking "trade extension?"

1st this thread is about X3:tc not X3:R, in X3:tc the comms range is 25km.

1) When you first visit a sector you have to map it, once mapped you dont need to do it again, There are software extensions that will map a sector for you. You can also buy system maps from the BBS in reunion or from trade missions in TC.

2) Trading system extension, then bring up the info for the station. Or you could use the best buy \ best sell software.

3) see 1

doing a patrol and get to the 3rd system then get jumped about about 15 pirates? happened twice now. all seem to go for me and my wingmen just sit there and suck their thumb!

ok, i dont remember the pirates attacking as part of that mission. If you cant destroy them then my advice is leave the mission alone for awhile.

Go and do a station defence or trade mission or something that will make a bit of profffits. This should give the pirates time to leave the sector and they wont be a problem.

1st this thread is about X3:tc not X3:R, in X3:tc the comms range is 25km.

1) When you first visit a sector you have to map it, once mapped you dont need to do it again, There are software extensions that will map a sector for you. You can also buy system maps from the BBS in reunion or from trade missions in TC.

2) Trading system extension, then bring up the info for the station. Or you could use the best buy \ best sell software.

3) see 1

Nah I get the need to map it - I just think it's stupid. I have X3:TC which is why I posted in the thread. Why in the distant future you should have to 'map' a system whenever you enter a new one is just thick. Whoever dreamed that idea up needs a slap in the back of the head. Look at meee I can gate jump instantaneously from one system to another but I can't automatically receive the information without buying a software extension... you have to admit that it's a little OTT on the micro management and makes for getting into the game initially that bit more daunting.

Anywho - cheers for the heads up. I'll try and make enough money to buy the software extension assuming I can figure out which station is the right one to buy it from...

:eek::D:):D:p:cool:

Just read this

http://www.gamefocus.ca/?nav=upclose&id=36

If you had to create “the ultimate game” what would it be?

Probably just the "ultimate" version of what we do already - the PERFECT space simulation game. You can go everywhere, be everybody, do everything and always have a lot of fun. Sounds simple enough to do, right? Well, we are on the job…stay tuned ;-)

As you might know X3:tc is the last game they are making in the X series, but just imagine what a ultimate / perfect space simulation game will be like..... me wants me wants NOW!!!!

Last edited:
anyone done the mission where you've got to go meet up with some informer or other (this is a terran mission) then they say they need you to help get him freed then you have to go kill some random freighter to appease some split (i think)?
keep getting pwnt with that one and hate that the pilot you're following max's out at 80m/s.

anyone done the mission where you've got to go meet up with some informer or other (this is a terran mission) then they say they need you to help get him freed then you have to go kill some random freighter to appease some split (i think)?
keep getting pwnt with that one and hate that the pilot you're following max's out at 80m/s.

Cant remember the split wanting me to kill any freighters, there is a part where some telardi wants you to take out some competition. Is this the one?

If so what part is the problem. If its getting into the argon sector then go and speak to the exterminator in omicron lyree and do the first few missions of the final fury plot(this will give you access to the sector)

Back
Top Bottom