X3:Terran Conflict has arrived

I know this guy's inner pain:

One silly personal factoid about you?

I just returned to playing "Donkey Kong" again after watching "The King of Kong", just to find out that I cannot even beat the scores of my childhood, not to mention those shown in the movie.

I did this about a year ago. I'm sure I remember getting to some stage involving jumping on the faces of spiky jungle bugs, but for the life of me I can't get past this damn aeroplane...

ok but the next terran mission takes me though a xenon sector chock full of hostiles! :(
goes from EASY to VERY HARD in the drop of a hat!
also this missions marked as "Average"! godda take this guy I rescued to some system or other!

There is always more than one route to your destination.....

Failing that Jump drive.

If you are having lag problems try lowing the texture detail to medium. You should get between 0-1000% boost in gfx speed when they release the 2.5 patch.

How would this run on a P4 3.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, ATI x600 mobility Radeon?

It really interests me but I want a decent experience playing it, and wont bother until I can get a new PC/laptop if it will run like a dog.

You should get between 0-1000% boost in gfx speed when they release the 2.5 patch.
0-1000%
:D:p

It really interests me but I want a decent experience playing it, and wont bother until I can get a new PC/laptop if it will run like a dog.
I think you'll probably struggle with the cpu being a P4, my 3GHz quad struggles at times in this game, although partially due to a relatively weak graphics card (4670) and a few plugins that increase cpu load. I tried the game out with a 4870 instead of my 4670 and it ran no better.

There is a demo for Terran Conflict so you may aswell try it out despite what I have said.

Dont think it will run well at all on that setup the GFX card will really struggle.

Well 1000% is probably a bit of a over statement probably more like 100%

details of the 2.5 patch
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=258911

I bought it (somewhat stupidly) to play on a dual core 2.3Ghz AMD chip, 2BG RAM, Radeon x1950 PRO, and it runs quiet crap in a populated system or in a bigh fight :(

And looking at the changes
Fixed mission memory leak which led to slow savegames
That sounds like very good news indeed.

I'm already running the release candidate of 2.5 -> not sure on most of the changes yet as I've only done it currently so the mod I'm working on works correctly ;);)

having said that it's an OLD GAME.
drop the textures/aa/af down to 0 and it should be ok?

Like I said it's the cpu that is more of an issue. Changing from a 4670 to a 4870 for a test at 1920x1200 made no difference whatsoever to the standard game performance. It would have made a difference in combat ofcourse.
The game is heavily cpu bound.

dunno why but it seems to lag LOADS when I'm in any kinda dogfight, 3.2GHZ core 2 duo, 2 GB ram, should not be this slow?
any idea what settings to lower that will cause it to get better in this situation?

I found settings made next to no difference, the problem is the game. Somehow it eats quad-million core cpu's for breakfast (also I believe it does not make much of os multicores)

I just don't get it! unplayable when I get 4-5 hostiles appear next to me in these "protect the hauler" missions
hostiles jump in, I lag, by the time the games playable they have killed one of the haulers! the pain is the ships are easy to kill once I've de-lagged!

I just don't get it! unplayable when I get 4-5 hostiles appear next to me in these "protect the hauler" missions
hostiles jump in, I lag, by the time the games playable they have killed one of the haulers! the pain is the ships are easy to kill once I've de-lagged!

You could easily be suffering from the save slowdown bug. This is fixed in the 2.5 patch if they ever release it.

Yeah I get this when things get busy with enemies, pauses of Half a second up to 3 seconds for the first minute of the fight. Incredibly irritating.

I also have stupidly build a massive complex in Ore Belt, the result of which is sometimes 5 SFP (seconds per frame) in Ore Belt.

Nate

Back
Top Bottom