X3:Terran Conflict has arrived

The Nova is a good ship, keep do the terran plot for awhile and they will give you a vidar one of the best M6's in the game. If you dont like the vidar finish the terran plot and get yourself a springblossom (ever wondered how powerful a M6 would be if it wasnt as slow as a snail, well this baby is fast. When i say fast i mean M5 speed fast)

hit a brick wall with the Terran plot now
have to get though a xeon sector and it's chock full of hostiles AT the gate!

I really shouldn't have started reading this thread. I'm getting the X3 itch really badly now... I love the x-series, but have resisted TC so far.

The thing is, when I start playing these games everything else tends to fade into the bacground, and I waste hundreds of hours on it. Not sure how much longer I can resist though :p I already have it installed and ready on steam as well!

I really shouldn't have started reading this thread. I'm getting the X3 itch really badly now... I love the x-series, but have resisted TC so far.

The thing is, when I start playing these games everything else tends to fade into the bacground, and I waste hundreds of hours on it. Not sure how much longer I can resist though :p I already have it installed and ready on steam as well!

play it you know you want to :D

[edit]

I noticed the universe map link on the OP was broken so ive found a new one http://eng.x3tc.ru/x3_tc_map/?c=NDQ1MDQxOQ#1 OP updated

Last edited:
anyone know if there's a way to transport command software upgrades from one station to another (to install in another ship) of if I have to get the ship to the 1st station?

anyone know if there's a way to transport command software upgrades from one station to another (to install in another ship) of if I have to get the ship to the 1st station?

The only way to transport software is by installing it on a ship.

so you have 3 options

1) buy a fast ship (m5) install the software and send it to the station.

2) order the ship you want the SW to the equipment dock to buy the software

3) if you have the proffits to spare. Buy a TM and several fighters fill the TM with them, fully equip the TM. Install the software you want on the fighters and jump the TM to the station.

Transport the software from one of the fighters to the new ship then jump the TM back to a EQ dock to re supply with software. (hope this makes sence)

think I'll just guard the damn thing the whole way.
need to fix it anyway. got 5 haulers I've capped off pirates and they all have between 1/2 and 3/4 armour left and no shields.

I've played the whole x series up to x3 reunion but i can't bring myself to buy TC because as much as i like the games i feel they've gotten a bit stale, all they do is add more of the same, more ships, sectors and stations, i might get it if i could find it for around £10.

They need to add more depth to the game, something genuinely new and interesting, perhaps some fps elements for stations and planets, they could do something like mass effect but focused mostly on trading and stuff, it needs something new for someone whos been playing all these years, i hate to feel this way about a series i love but sadly i do. :(

I've played the whole x series up to x3 reunion but i can't bring myself to buy TC because as much as i like the games i feel they've gotten a bit stale, all they do is add more of the same, more ships, sectors and stations, i might get it if i could find it for around £10.

TC is more than just a few more ships/sectors.

1) Lots of new ships inc 5 new ship classes. There must be over 100 new ships available.
2) Lots of new sectors inc the entire earth system. Without counting there must be over 40 new sectors.
3) a new easier to use interface
4) An M0 you can actually get and use without scripts.
5) complete rework of the entire weapon chart, gone are the days of alpha beta and gamma weapons.
6) addition of 10+ new weapons.
7) 10 or so different plots for you to follow at your will.
8) new mission types and rewards
9) cant think of any more but im sure there are a lot more.

They need to add more depth to the game, something genuinely new and interesting, perhaps some fps elements for stations and planets, they could do something like mass effect but focused mostly on trading and stuff, it needs something new for someone whos been playing all these years, i hate to feel this way about a series i love but sadly i do. :(

Just wait they are working on something new its going to be big... really big.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom