X3:Terran Conflict has arrived

TC is more than just a few more ships/sectors.

1) Lots of new ships inc 5 new ship classes. There must be over 100 new ships available.
2) Lots of new sectors inc the entire earth system. Without counting there must be over 40 new sectors.
3) a new easier to use interface
4) An M0 you can actually get and use without scripts.
5) complete rework of the entire weapon chart, gone are the days of alpha beta and gamma weapons.
6) addition of 10+ new weapons.
7) 10 or so different plots for you to follow at your will.
8) new mission types and rewards
9) cant think of any more but im sure there are a lot more.

Just wait they are working on something new its going to be big... really big.

Yeah i know there's more stuff but its more of the same, there are a few good improvements, i played the big xtended mod which had quite a lot of new stuff similar to what they put in TC so i didn't see much point in buying it at the time, i would love to play it still but only if i can find it for around £10 as it seems more of an expansion to me.

Right, just got this and....umm what?

Managed to complete the tutorial after eventually managing to target the debris he dropped using Page Down. lol.

Right...where to? No-one wants to give me a clue what to do next!

I've only played X3 - Reunion, but you're meant to go out and decide what you want to do like bounty hunting, trading, mission running etc. If you still can't decide what to do, you might want to look up FAQs / guides on the net.

well its finally here. :D:cool:

X3TC 2.5 Update

Give those precious X disks a rest!

We are pleased to announce that X3: Terran Conflict 2.5 is now available! In this update, you can expect the usual host of new features and improvements. One of the most noticeable is the keenly-awaited removal of the Copy Protection, allowing you to either play without a DVD or install the Online Activation version on an unlimited number of systems.

Additionally improvements have been made to marine training and boarding operations and the boarding of Xenon ships has been rebalanced. Menus have also been tweaked to access factories in complexes, to show wing orders in the wing's context menu as well as showing marines in the player's property menu. There have been improvements also to a number of commands, including Defend Station, and some additional commands added to the Script Editor and Mission Director.

We've also taken a Plasma Burst Generator to some of the more annoying bugs - Universe Traders should no longer wander into enemy territory, ships and wings should now properly use the 'jump and fly to' command. Also fixed are the 'attack shields' command and issues surrounding the launch of multiple marines, the resupply of missiles on boarded ships, the wing jumpdrive energy display and a quite a few more.

As has been the case with recent updates, the testing of this update has involved our friends from Devnet level 3, so to them and the level 5+ regular testers and volunteer developers, we owe a debt of gratitude for making 2.5 the update it is. We at EGOSOFT hope that the improvements, fixes and features in the update meet with your approval and enjoyment!

Now that this update is out i decided to just get on and buy it in the end, as a player of the x series i have a good idea how to start out but is there any new info i can use to maybe start the game off a little quicker this time?

It would be nice to get a mk3 trader up and running as fast as possible to begin with, so any new or old advice for TC would be great! :D

To be honest, I never seen a trader make millions, they just poodle about doinb bugger all. Buy a fighting ship and do fighting mission to make initial money to buy a kestrel I think it is, from teladi shipayrds, and fly about doing taxy missions, especially in terran space, they pay tons and 0 risk.

Never played X3, so cannot comment :p

But before updates, fighting missions had a giant tarrantula jumping on your face learning curve. You start of with easy battles you can do while sleeping, but after first 5-10 fights, you ended up against m6's... Think they toned them down a wee bit, so you can actually get some $$$ for upgrade to kill those ships, but just in time as it was.

That's a shame, you can upgrade your pc to a decent level for just a few hundred these days, i did quite recently, so far it's played everything quite nicely with high graphics and 4x or 8x aa at hd resolutions, well worth it! :)

Hi little help required i have X3 Reunion which i have not played just not had the time BUT now X3 Terran Conflict is here should i go with this ? or....

What I'm really saying is is Terran Conflict worth the up grade from Reunion.

Thx jay.

From what people say, UI has been greately improved, which is scary, as I find it one of the... no THE worst UI I have ever encountered in games...

Not sure on the rest though ;)

Ah just found out about the repair laser, sweet! :D

So far that's the single greatest addition i've found, only played about an hour and a half so far and im quite liking it, i started in terran space which looks good, it feels similar to X3 but nicely improved, though i forgot just how slow paced and 'unhelpful' these games are to begin with, in the sense that they don't hold your hand and shoot lots of stuff off for you to do, still im going to take my time with this one and don't feel bothered about rushing anything to make an empire, all in good time... ;)

Back
Top Bottom