X3:Terran Conflict has arrived

TC is more than just a few more ships/sectors.

1) Lots of new ships inc 5 new ship classes. There must be over 100 new ships available.
2) Lots of new sectors inc the entire earth system. Without counting there must be over 40 new sectors.
3) a new easier to use interface
4) An M0 you can actually get and use without scripts.
5) complete rework of the entire weapon chart, gone are the days of alpha beta and gamma weapons.
6) addition of 10+ new weapons.
7) 10 or so different plots for you to follow at your will.
8) new mission types and rewards
9) cant think of any more but im sure there are a lot more.

1, already played with the vast majority of them in xtm long before TC's release.
2, again as xtm player nothing new here, in fact xtm had more.
3, debatable i prefer the x3r one but thats just preference.
4, do you mean the aran? its broken atm.
5, thats a bad thing the different levels of weapons added a lot of depth to picking out a good array.
6, the new weapons are nice, i love the ISR but many have poor balancing.
7, they are a bit unpolished but plots are always good.
8, not many new mission types and the new ones are a bit.... wonky.

while TC is a improvement far too much of its content was copied straight from xtm and many aspects need polishing.

but with TC being such a small new release you do have to wonder what is currently in the works.

So how big is everyone's empire, some of you must have put hundreds of hours in by now?

Well in my current game i have a few 100m credits and a reasonable sized fleet nothing special.

MY fist game i had several billion credits and a massive empire. But things become to easy at that stage so i restarted.

It would be nice to get a mk3 trader up and running as fast as possible to begin with, so any new or old advice for TC would be great! :D

Fastest way to get a mk3 up and running is to claim some abandoned ships sell some to get a mk3 and some credits. Then with one of the abandoned TS's send your mk3 to trade.

Well in my current game i have a few 100m credits and a reasonable sized fleet nothing special.

MY fist game i had several billion credits and a massive empire. But things become to easy at that stage so i restarted.

Fastest way to get a mk3 up and running is to claim some abandoned ships sell some to get a mk3 and some credits. Then with one of the abandoned TS's send your mk3 to trade.

Nice, i don't think i ever got to billions in any x game, think ill try this time round.

It seems like enemys abandon ship more readily in TC unless i've just gotten lucky, only a few hours in and already have captured two xenon L's and one or two pirate M's, after fully repairing the hull they fetch a nice amount, sold a few electro gun things from those free wing men you get early on and i've already made enough for two mk3's! :)

One thing i found was they didn't start doing sector trading right away, i bought some extra software and sent them off to another sector, is there a minimum of a few upgrades you need like trading software 1 and 2, do you need fight software as well?

I just went to find earth and when i got to the moon a bunch of ships jumped in and started attacking me, im a terran so what's going on!?

Edit: never mind, after leaving and saving i went back to the moon and they were gone, so i went on to earth and got destroyed, seems a bit silly, a human who can't go to earth! :/

Last edited:
I just went to find earth and when i got to the moon a bunch of ships jumped in and started attacking me, im a terran so what's going on!?

Edit: never mind, after leaving and saving i went back to the moon and they were gone, so i went on to earth and got destroyed, seems a bit silly, a human who can't go to earth! :/

you need the right clearance levels to get close too earth. the terrans are insanely* paranoid

*well they are supposed to be anyway, the whole 'terran conflict' never really happened.

How far can you go in the m4 with the terran missions at the beginning?

Im putting most of my money into mk3 traders and have 5 now but i want to start doing a bit more fighting, do you get a good ship from any missions or elsewhere?

How far can you go in the m4 with the terran missions at the beginning?

Im putting most of my money into mk3 traders and have 5 now but i want to start doing a bit more fighting, do you get a good ship from any missions or elsewhere?

If you are doing the Terran missions then you wont need to buy anything better than a m4.

Rewards for Terran missions include a M3, M6, and a TP. So you can just upgrade with the freebies. These will keep you going until you need a M7

Ultimate ship is the Boreas but that is probably too big for even most BBS missions. It has so many guns and turrets in tightly packed systems, friendly fire is almost always unavoidable and last time I played, the game engine is very unforgiving. A routine patrol can quickly end up with most of the stations in the system against you and your race rating dropped like a stone!

Ultimate ship is the Boreas but that is probably too big for even most BBS missions. It has so many guns and turrets in tightly packed systems, friendly fire is almost always unavoidable and last time I played, the game engine is very unforgiving. A routine patrol can quickly end up with most of the stations in the system against you and your race rating dropped like a stone!

Use the right weapons for right job and you can minimise FF.

The boreas might be the best M2, but a M1 with full fighter complement will make mince meat out of a it.

Right i've spent probably a bit too much time playing this since getting it a few days ago, but anyway i just finished the terran plot and now bought a Springblossom, yes the first thing i noticed was the speed, which is what i love most, now how do you go about getting more guns for it? :P

I've still got the vidar but haven't even tried it out yet, sold the terran m8 bomber type ship as i didn't need it, was thinking of selling the vidar but im not sure as i couldn't see it on any shipyards list and it looks like it might be hard to get or something, is it a good ship worth keeping?

I still have the cutlass m3 but was wondering if there might be something a bit better?

Although its good for many fights it seems like shields always get way too low in even small battles, i've taken on pirate m6's and their wingmen in it but i find in most battles especially khaak i get hit a lot more than i remember in reunion, i like the challenge though, any good tricks i could use to adapt?

Dont sell the vidar, its the only one you will ever get in the game.

Keep the ship safe until you have the PHQ, then you can reverse engineer it and build a fleet of them.

Just restarted this after getting sidetracked with other games when I just got it.

Right at the start of the Terran game and have just been given the Rapier.

The question is do I keep it and do taxi missions as it's bloody fast or sell it and upgrade the starting ship?

Back
Top Bottom