X3:Terran Conflict has arrived

that much that fast?

Its easy if you know how.

I started with a ts and a few 1000 credits, sold one of the shields from the ts giving me enough money to start trading you can easily make 100k profit per run.

Traded my way to the nearest abandoned m3 (in this case the mamba) once i had a m3 i started doing combat missions while i did remote trading with the ts, 20 or so missions later i had enough to get my hyperion.

3 days in ive got a space fuel mega plex pumping out 1m proffits per hour, several UT's running around and my personal flagship Xenon Crusher (a bores). With my combat rank as it is now i make about 10 per mission.

Recently found 2 patrol missions in the same sector, made about 30 million from the mission and another 40 million in dropped equipment. Thats 70million for a few hours work.:eek:

This game takes quite a lot of time to get anywhere, im only half way through the hub and going by steam i've spent 130 hours so far! :eek:

How long have you lot played for? :p

that much that fast?

Trade well, best buying/selling make proffitsss come quick, when you can start doing them station missions give decent money and rep. The first million is the easiest to make in this game than any other. And if you start in Argon Prime area there's two TPs that are reasonably easy to acquire that net 1Mil each at least when sold to give you start up cash.

wish it was like fable and made me money while I was logged out!

The closest you can come is to leave the game running, let those traders \ stations make proffits for you while you are away.

You can also set the game to run in the background so you can do other things while your proffits grow.

How good is this game over the 1st one? I bought Reunion ages ago but never got round to playing it and considering picking this one up seeing as it's newer, would i be better playing the 1st one before getting this one or wouldn't it matter?

i have only just started playing it after buying ages ago on a whim, must say its hard to get going but so far its very rewarding.

How good is this game over the 1st one? I bought Reunion ages ago but never got round to playing it and considering picking this one up seeing as it's newer, would i be better playing the 1st one before getting this one or wouldn't it matter?

It doesn't matter, may as well play this latest version. Although reading a couple of 'Getting Started' type guides would probably help a lot if you've never played before.

Just decided I wanted this on Steam - so picked up the currently 50% off Gold pack :). Guess i will start again in Terran Conflict! Going to play unmodded this time I think. Think I will aim to start off with a few universe traders. ANyone got good profitable stations to aim for first?

Just decided I wanted this on Steam - so picked up the currently 50% off Gold pack :). Guess i will start again in Terran Conflict! Going to play unmodded this time I think. Think I will aim to start off with a few universe traders. ANyone got good profitable stations to aim for first?

FAIL!

The upcomming 2.6 patch will allow you to add the DVD version of terran conflict to steam :D

As for profitable stations i always like space fuel.

Just checked and 2.6 was released last night, probably at the same time as the steam offer.

Get it now http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3tc/patches_en.php

Update 2.6 features the long-awaited New Home missions, which promises to be quite an adventure for those who like their THINK missions. This project has been developed by members of our own community and after a period of testing and evaluation is ready to be shared with the wider Terran Conflict-playing world.

Terran Conflict Update 2.6 also brings the introduction of Steam Achievements. We have been working with our partners at Valve and Steam to bring the achievement system to Terran Conflict and once again members of our own DevNet Community have been instrumental in their development and testing. Those of you who don't play the game through Steam need not worry about being left out. With Update 2.6, we are pleased to announce that all users with a valid registration key for the DVD version of X3: Terran Conflict will be able to register with Steam and download that version of the game FOR FREE! You too will then be able to enjoy the benefits of Steam gaming, including Achievements.

One other feature that our work with STEAM has made possible will soon be available to players of that version. Although it hasn't been possible to include it in this Update, we are pleased to announce that in a coming update STEAM players will be able to choose a Dead-is-Dead gamestart, which takes advantage of STEAM technology. Keep an eye out for that!

Concurrent with the release of Update 2.6 is the long-awaited arrival of the X3: Terran Conflict Bonus Pack. This favourite fixture of previous X titles will offer some of your favourite script plugins, developed by members of the community and which have also undergone rigorous testing and our robust 'script signing process'. Among the more popular scripts to be made available in the Bonus Pack are the Commercial Agent and the Commodity Logistics Software.

Update 2.6 not only introduces new features. As is the norm, a lot of work has gone into addressing some of the issues that have been brought to our attention, such as issues with sector traders, the missing wares for sale at the Goner Temple, weapon information displays for ships with only missile turrets and also some missions have been tweaked. We have also made some improvements to graphics rendering which should give an increase in game performance.

Version 2.6 also features:

* Improved rendering performance
* Improved chances of the pirate variation in the Freight Scan mission
* Fixed targeting issues with stations after a complex was destroyed
* Fixed several issues with the Freight Scan mission
* Fixed captured ships from Assassination missions being removed
* Fixed missing difficulty levels with the Destroy Convoy mission
* Fixed mission dialogs on ships starting on the wrong option
* Fixed several minor mission issues
* Fixed weapon information display for ships with only missile turrets
* Fixed missing wares for sale on the Goner Temple
* Fixed Sector Traders constantly buying at average price
* Fixed several text issues with German text files

Dead-is-Dead gamestart, which takes advantage of STEAM technology? What does that mean?

Great to see CAG and CLS scripts now included. Means I should be able to play unmodified this time :)

Edit:

From an X3 dev:

Hi everyone,

Yes, there is currently a problem with unlocking the achievements. We have tracked down the problem and are working to get it fixed as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Dead-is-Dead gamestart, which takes advantage of STEAM technology? What does that mean?

Dead-is-Dead is what all the hardcore X3 players do these days, if you die for what ever reason thats it you have to start again.

It probably makes use of the steam cloud to store your save game, so you cant reload if you die.

Back
Top Bottom