X3:Terran Conflict has arrived

Dead-is-Dead is what all the hardcore X3 players do these days, if you die for what ever reason thats it you have to start again.

It probably makes use of the steam cloud to store your save game, so you cant reload if you die.

That would be tough!

Also, this should be useful http://www.altanetworks.com/x3/x3tcocc.html :)

Remember using it a long time ago. Space fuel distilleries here I come :)

I finished the HUB long hand, it took an age but earned me insane amounts of money, so much intact it reached the game limit in my "account" and I had to start moving it to stations.

Started as a merchant dealing ore and energy cells in the Ore Belt. Saving up to about 1 mil and will then start a sector/universe trader. Anyone got any tips here???

Started as a merchant dealing ore and energy cells in the Ore Belt. Saving up to about 1 mil and will then start a sector/universe trader. Anyone got any tips here???

Sounds like a reasonable plan.

I tend to turn to piracy at the start of a game in order to get my starting capital. Then set up a couple of UT's to keep my proffits ticking over while i fly around doing missions.

As for where to start st's you need a system with lots of stations and some spp's. Sectors like Empire's Edge, Queen's Space and Power Circle are considered good places to train.

It's nice to see a new patch but the bonus pack feels a bit light tbh, can't see anything new in there either, im also unsure if it's included with the update or separate on the steam version?

I think it is included.

What is a good starting factory (nowhere near that yet though!)?

Like i said space fuel, buy the factory in omicron lyre and put it heritics end. There should be plenty of wheat and ec's to keep it running. As you make more proffitsssss you can add wheat farm to it. Then just keep adding and adding and adding you will always be sold out.

my current game as a space fuel mega plex in that sector with about 8 space fuel distilleries (L).

It's nice to see a new patch but the bonus pack feels a bit light tbh, can't see anything new in there either, im also unsure if it's included with the update or separate on the steam version?

No the bonus pack is not included you need to install it seperatly

Last edited:

Hmm well that's a bit lame, i don't really see why it need be optional anyway, they should just go ahead and make it part of the patch next time, anyway im starting to think it might be worth modifying the game if there's anything good about, not played in ages because i was running out of fun things to do, so is there anything worth getting to improve the game?

Like i said space fuel, buy the factory in omicron lyre and put it heritics end. There should be plenty of wheat and ec's to keep it running. As you make more proffitsssss you can add wheat farm to it. Then just keep adding and adding and adding you will always be sold out.

my current game as a space fuel mega plex in that sector with about 8 space fuel distilleries (L).

Hmm, need to install the bonus pack then. The CAG script is excellent and should mean I can go unmodified this time.

With factories, do you always buy 1 above the average price and sell 1 below? That always seemed to work well for me in the past.

Hmm well that's a bit lame, i don't really see why it need be optional anyway, they should just go ahead and make it part of the patch next time, anyway im starting to think it might be worth modifying the game if there's anything good about, not played in ages because i was running out of fun things to do, so is there anything worth getting to improve the game?

Load and loads best thing to do is look through the mods list and pick the ones you like the sound of.

Hmm, need to install the bonus pack then. The CAG script is excellent and should mean I can go unmodified this time.

With factories, do you always buy 1 above the average price and sell 1 below? That always seemed to work well for me in the past.

depends if you want people to come to you then set the price 1 below if you are selling yourself then set the price high to make more proffittsssss. As for buying set the price based on the avaliablility.

How is this game, any good?

The game is very good, if you like sand box space simulator\trading games.

The only thing that puts people off the game is the very steep learning curve you need to get past as a new player.

Load and loads best thing to do is look through the mods list and pick the ones you like the sound of.

The trouble is with stuff like this i get a bit overloaded with choice and information, if you look at the egosoft forums they have alsorts of stuff but i just want to know best mods and scripts and not have to mess around, ill pick the few i want from that then, instead i just get put off as it's all too disorganised and could mess the game up if you're not careful. :(

The trouble is with stuff like this i get a bit overloaded with choice and information, if you look at the egosoft forums they have alsorts of stuff but i just want to know best mods and scripts and not have to mess around, ill pick the few i want from that then, instead i just get put off as it's all too disorganised and could mess the game up if you're not careful. :(

Thing about that is every one has different favorite mods depending on what they want improved in their game be it trading, combat, complete overhauls, new missions ect.

With most mods if you read the read me for them you will be fine. Don't read it and as you said you can mess your game up very easily

Back
Top Bottom