X3:Terran Conflict has arrived

Joystick is not needed. 360 pad is OK, but get xpadder...otherwise the right stick does nothing. I use my rumblepad 2 for this game (dug it out a few days ago) - got a great profile from reunion that works really well in TC too.

After getting a Saitek Cyborg Evo back in the day for X2 when I first played X3TC it was actually a lot easier with mouse and keyboard. It's now a much improved way of playing and I wouldn't say you'd need any other controller for it really unless you really wanted to.

Saying that I do quite like my joystick for general lazy flying around, I feel I have more control in dogfights with a mouse though.

Made my first million last night! Is now a good time to setup one of them system traders? I think I need MK3 trade software, is that correct? :)

Yes, set them up somewhere like home of light or the ore belt - basically somwhere that they can trade well in one system e.g. with factories and a solar plant. When you get the money it may also be worth buying a jumpdrive - can't remember exactly, but I think once they are level 8 or so and can become a universe trader they will buy a jumpdrive, but at double the cost.

Yes, set them up somewhere like home of light or the ore belt - basically somwhere that they can trade well in one system e.g. with factories and a solar plant. When you get the money it may also be worth buying a jumpdrive - can't remember exactly, but I think once they are level 8 or so and can become a universe trader they will buy a jumpdrive, but at double the cost.

Thanks I'll set that up tonight. Cheers mate. :D

I don't think they get jumpdrives themselves IIRC. Anyway, Start a fleet. I have about 20 mercury freighters and 20 Mercury super freighters + about 20 assorted captured freighters making me rich. I tend to use them as sector traders rather than Universe traders as I have more control over them.

When the pilots level up they can to told to act as a sector trader with a 1-10 system radius. This means you can keep then from jumping into nasty systems while trading.

Nate

I don't think they get jumpdrives themselves IIRC. Anyway, Start a fleet. I have about 20 mercury freighters and 20 Mercury super freighters + about 20 assorted captured freighters making me rich. I tend to use them as sector traders rather than Universe traders as I have more control over them.

When the pilots level up they can to told to act as a sector trader with a 1-10 system radius. This means you can keep then from jumping into nasty systems while trading.

Nate

Yes, a safer option - although there are always random pirates around that can get them. Just be ready to jump in to save them.

I thought at level 12 they bought a jumpdrive? Maybe I am thinking of a custom UT script.

UTs are also good to get your racial ratings up - and put you in a good position for your first factory. The time you explore all sectors you should have set up a good 20 UTs.

Is X3-TC much different to X2 (other than no cockpits)?

Since I have had X2 since release, and transferred saves across 3 PC's. Although the sectors seem smaller with faster PC's - although could be the higher resolutions.

Is X3-TC much different to X2 (other than no cockpits)?

Since I have had X2 since release, and transferred saves across 3 PC's. Although the sectors seem smaller with faster PC's - although could be the higher resolutions.

Lots of differences, but the fundamentals of the game are the same.

• better graphics
  • larger sectors
  • new race
  • lots of new ships
  • new ship classes
  • new weapons
  • lots more sectors
  • new mission system
  • complex creation
  • lots more i cant think of atm

Got the game, had it on old pc, thinking of downloading it again since its on steam. It was terribly confusing, so any tips for like a newbie and how to start out and dont get your butt kicked straight away? cheers.

If in doubt run away, a jumpdrive and a finger on the 'get me the hell out of here!' button will keep you alive from your simple trader to butt kicking battleship.

I know i missed the steam sales last week but is X3 Reunion worth getting or is it better going for Terran Conflict?

I have X2 installed but barely started, still trying to get to grips with it.

Back
Top Bottom