• Series S

Votes: 105 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 25.9%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I've owned every xbox, as well as ps 1 and 2 through the years and this last 2 years is the most time I've put into console gaming, attributed solely to gamepass. Only thing I would say about the all access deal is that if you have the finances to do the console upfront then do that instead and load the gamepass after at the cheaper rate. By doing all access you're paying full whack for the console and the full monthly fee for gamepass (or maybe marginally cheaper, £10?). If finances dictate that's not doable then go for it :)

Do tell? I'd be able to do either way but I thought it was cheaper to do the 'bundle' so to speak. Game Pass isn't an absolute necessity but it would also let me play more Xbox games on PC, too.

Soldato
Still happy with the S, for the first time in what seems like many many years, consoles dont feel like they CPU starved. Of course I can tolerate on the S the lower resolution and accept its just my PC for high res stuff. The controller is the weak link hardware wise.

After several weeks of letting the gamepass app spam me, I think its time to turn its notices off, I just seen "leaving soon" on the dash, but checking my xbox gamepass app there is no such notification, just tons and tons of spam. It seems I would have to manually check for new games on game pass, hope the button on the dash works for leaving soon every month and manually check for sales on my wishlist, just seems so bizarre to need to do it manually in 2022.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Damn controller is playing up, shoulder button now less responsive/have to press it hard for it to work, couple of questions.....

Is the Elite 2 controller worth it? (Subjective I know....)
Can you replace the shoulder buttons?

Below the lit up xbox button, there's 2 buttons on the newer xbox Series controller.

The lower button and its function is missing on the elite controllers as I believe on the elite, its the reconnect button.

If you don't use this ever that's fine as I imagine many don't. For me it's an issue as I used it 5/6 per gaming to record my clips

Associate
So, just upgraded to the series X in our household, but bit of an odd one with hdmi cec.
One console (old xbox one OG) never used to turn the TV on and off when turning the console on or off, after upgrading to the series x it works perfectly.
The 2nd console however used to work perfectly with the xbox , but on the series X the console turns the TV on - but not off.
However if I turn the TV off the console does turn off, have tried resetting TV, console, changing leads etc but still not working.
Not a major issue as I turn on using controller for both tv and series x and turn off using TV - but it bugs me it doesn't work ( I know first world problems !)
TV is an LG and have enabled simplink etc.
anyone else face a similar issue ?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
So, just upgraded to the series X in our household, but bit of an odd one with hdmi cec.
One console (old xbox one OG) never used to turn the TV on and off when turning the console on or off, after upgrading to the series x it works perfectly.
The 2nd console however used to work perfectly with the xbox , but on the series X the console turns the TV on - but not off.
However if I turn the TV off the console does turn off, have tried resetting TV, console, changing leads etc but still not working.
Not a major issue as I turn on using controller for both tv and series x and turn off using TV - but it bugs me it doesn't work ( I know first world problems !)

Have you checked the settings on the Xbox? The option to turn the TV off is a separate checkbox IIRC.

Associate
Have you checked the settings on the Xbox? The option to turn the TV off is a separate checkbox IIRC.
Thanks for replying. Yes checked all settings, have reset multiple times - but same thing TV stays on. wasn't sure if anyone else is seeing similar issues

Associate
On my TV it doesn't turn the TV off instantly - it takes maybe 15 secs after the controller & console have powered down. The TV is the final thing to switch off. Also, do you have the Series X ( and your other console ) on different HDMI inputs, or do they share the same port using a splitter ?

Soldato
Still happy with the S, for the first time in what seems like many many years, consoles dont feel like they CPU starved. Of course I can tolerate on the S the lower resolution and accept its just my PC for high res stuff. The controller is the weak link hardware wise.

After several weeks of letting the gamepass app spam me, I think its time to turn its notices off, I just seen "leaving soon" on the dash, but checking my xbox gamepass app there is no such notification, just tons and tons of spam. It seems I would have to manually check for new games on game pass, hope the button on the dash works for leaving soon every month and manually check for sales on my wishlist, just seems so bizarre to need to do it manually in 2022.
I still love my series S too, best companion consol for me, PS5 and my PC covers high res stuff for me.

I'll only maybe change S to an X I'd they ever end up blocking future Microsoft games from it e.g. forza, gears or new ip.

Baz

Baz

Soldato
Below the lit up xbox button, there's 2 buttons on the newer xbox Series controller.

The lower button and its function is missing on the elite controllers as I believe on the elite, its the reconnect button.

If you don't use this ever that's fine as I imagine many don't. For me it's an issue as I used it 5/6 per gaming to record my clips
Middle button changes the button layout, but you can map "share" to one of the back buttons if you miss it :)

just found out on an update you can change the Xbox buttons colour on the Elite Controller - game changing :D

Middle button changes the button layout, but you can map "share" to one of the back buttons if you miss it :)

just found out on an update you can change the Xbox buttons colour on the Elite Controller - game changing :D
Do you have an elite? Can you verify it let's you record the last 1 minute/30 seconds as the share button does? I don't use it to share, but to quickly clip the last minute. If it can definetly do that, and you can test to confirm, that'd be much appreciated

Associate
On my TV it doesn't turn the TV off instantly - it takes maybe 15 secs after the controller & console have powered down. The TV is the final thing to switch off. Also, do you have the Series X ( and your other console ) on different HDMI inputs, or do they share the same port using a splitter ?
Hi, sorry should have been more clear - 2 seperate series x's connected to 2 separate Tv's.
On the LG tv with this issue the series x is connected to HDMI port 1, have also tried it on the 2nd port and tried new leads etc - but same issue.
Might have to plug in the other series x from the TV that does work into the LG and see if its still has issues, at least it might narrow down if its the TV or series x - i'm suspecting its the software / connectivity that's the issue though rather than the TV or Xbox being faulty

Back
Top Bottom