"You want some?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
I didnt say he wasnt asking for something. He's clearly on drugs and one if those lunatics that you just ignore.

Agreed, but I'm not sure certain people would see it the same way if it was the other way round i.e a black man being racist to a group of white people... would you dismiss it similarly?

Raz

Raz

Soldato
So went out for my evening walk earlier to wind down and get a bit of exercise. Usually cover about 4 miles with a tesco midway to pick up a drink.

Get to the tescos stick my face mask on, quite busy there everyone apart from one guy with a mask, now I'm aware of some of the apparent contradictions around the wearing of face masks but it's pretty clear when it comes to shops. Anyway after doing an internal tut to myself I pick up a drink walk over to the self service and the same guy just beats me to it with one lady in front. Seeing that she has a full basket I decide to switch over to the manned till queue as there was only one person being served. After waiting just a few seconds I get called forward, cue said guy shouting and walking over aggressively, I point out the shop has two different queues. He then gets more aggressive and swears at me, I'm aggressive back and point out he should have a mask on (should probably just have ignored him at that point). He looks me up and down whilst being served, continuing to swear at me and then says "You want some?", I reply with not particularly. To which he says "Well I do, see you soon you ****". Having zero interest in getting in a fight and seeing he's waiting for me outside I ask a member of staff to let me out of the side exit.

I'm still wound up and a bit wtf. I think I mostly did the right thing apart from maybe provoking him back the queue switch was perhaps debatable but he could've done the same.

So GD what would you have done?

Wouldn't have said anything tbh, just ignored him.But I don't care about the whole alpha thing so leaving by the side door was probably the safest option.

Caporegime
Agreed, but I'm not sure certain people would see it the same way if it was the other way round i.e a black man being racist to a group of white people... would you dismiss it similarly?

I try to ignore all lunatics.

For example I was in the supermarket with the mrs ordering a pizza at the pizza counter. A group of Asian youths around 16+ years old start trying to interrupt and order from the lady while I'm picking my toppings, so i turn around and say, "Do you mind", so they back off a few feet and congregate in a group of about 5 - 6 chatting.

Anyway i move away to get something from an end Isle nearby and can hear them saying things about me under their breath, so i turn, look at them to show i heard and then continue about my shopping.

Do I want to get arrested for assaulting a 16 year old no? Do I want to get mobbed by 6 lads? No.

But thats the joys of living in oldham. Lovely friendly and respectful community.

Caporegime

Thats on the person wearing the mask though, they’ve chosen to buy something that could require an ID check and have the option to put back that item if they don’t wish to remove their mask. The post originally replied to related to people with exemptions and having the right to have people remove their mask.

Soldato
There's a longer version on youtube and there was more before then. Five minutes of goading and insult. Not one for violence but is it any surprise he got chinned? Must have been on something or binge watching Tommy Robinson.

Soldato
This thread is depressing. I have no issue with the OP so please don't assume there is any criticism. But the nature of society that some of the responses and the linked videos show is frankly sad.

Soldato
As someone who has a criminal record for affray, (after someone attacked me for no reason) I think the OP did the right thing.

If someone is being aggressive towards you, and you can make a quiet exit and escape, it's by far the best way of solving the problem. The moment you try to prove a point, by having some sort of altercation, it all becomes meaningless when you get locked into the back of a police van, then into a cell for 16-20 hours, it ******* sucks.

I'm more than capable of defending myself, but unless i'm backed into a corner with nowhere to go - I'll retreat every time and try to avoid getting into anything, because I've been there, and the aftermath is no fun at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom