Your bad driving encounters

Soldato
would be interesting to know how full self drive could calculate overtakes (if it ever could) on a single carriageway - keeping within legal speeds of course.

highway code doesn't give any advice does it ? or driving test - or driving games ?
[
if you stay within speed overtaking someone at 40 17m/s doing 60mph 26m/s you are gaining 9m/s,
if you need to gain 5 car length to do it safely 2 pulling out 2 back in that's 3s, plus the acceleration time another 3 - 6s in total (slip streaming not included)
so at 50m/s closing speed for oncoming vehicle need 300m of visibility.

]

An old fart managed to flip someone else
what was protagonist driving - something that wedged under the fiat - looks like robot wars.
e: or was it a range rover

Last edited:
Associate
Complete random aside but somewhere near the cemetery there is 2 big blocks of flats, maybe student housing or something (or was I can't find it on Google maps now), a couple who are friends with my parents lived on site and renovated the entire lot themselves many years back - we stopped by while in the area for a funeral.

Only thing I can think of is an area called Didsbury Point.

so some one turned right to be ahead of the lights but knew they really needed to then be in left lane, so left a space as a courtesy because they needed to cut left - seems ok.

1st and 2nd Lane are both straight ahead only and merge into one further ahead, the 3rd lane is for turning right.

Caporegime
This come up on one of my social media groups and is just the epitome of driving in the UK now.

I give you Karen to 100% perfection. Just look at the hair, posture and fake SUV thing. More than likely blaming the foreign driver for everything. Seven Sisters in London. Lane she was in was right turn only but she had to try and squeeze past straight on to beat the traffic. Would most likely been in his blind spot so not a chance in hell. :D

iqhFejE.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
This come up on one of my social media groups and is just the epitome of driving in the UK now.

I give you Karen to 100% perfection. Just look at the hair, posture and fake SUV thing. More than likely blaming the foreign driver for everything. Seven Sisters in London. Lane she was in was right turn only but she had to try and squeeze past straight on to beat the traffic. Left hooker lorry so would most likely been in his blind spot so not a chance in hell. :D

iqhFejE.jpg

dude, that's my Mum

Man of Honour

Here's another one I forgot I had :cry:

No idea what they thought they were doing - they were lucky the BMW driver did actually brake to let them in I thought they weren't going to. I assume there were stay in lane signs at some point before that as well as there usually are well before those kind of roadworks.

Associate
No idea what they thought they were doing - they were lucky the BMW driver did actually brake to let them in I thought they weren't going to. I assume there were stay in lane signs at some point before that as well as there usually are well before those kind of roadworks.
Signs well before and the lanes didn't even make any difference, they merged back together before any junction.

Soldato

I give you Karen to 100% perfection. Just look at the hair, posture and fake SUV thing. More than likely blaming the foreign driver for everything. Seven Sisters in London. Lane she was in was right turn only but she had to try and squeeze past straight on to beat the traffic. Would most likely been in his blind spot so not a chance in hell. :D

iqhFejE.jpg

The thing I hate about this is both vehicles are still driveable. Yes, its crap that you were involved in a small bump but, if a vehicle can move safely then get off the damn road and stop holding everyone else up

It seems to be the done thing that a small bump, all parties just stop and take over the entire site as if no one else exists.

For the "police need to see the scene to see if anyone needs charged for the offence" people - thats what cameras are for... Take the images and then GTFO.

Soldato
Drivers that jump the red light. There's a junction just near Fosse Park where there are cameras. This junction is notorious for accidents. Saw 4 cars this lunchtime jumping the light.

The junction in question. https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.5...9S263IW6uDq411iA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu. If you leave the M1 at J21 towards Leicester, you will see this junction about a mile from the exit.

If you spin the image around, you see a camera at an odd angle. Maniac must have done this.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Not my video but:

I've said it before and I'll say it again a LOT of drivers are ignorant of the update(s) to rule 134 even if they should be aware, and the way it was changed hasn't helped as unlike other changes it has been done relatively quietly. While there will always be some who don't care without some kind of national awareness program as to merge in turn and widespread use of proper signage to encourage it where appropriate a lot of people will still only see it as pushing in and react accordingly - I won't personally implement rule 134 into my driving and instead merge as per the natural merging point of the flow of traffic as otherwise it just causes more issues even if you are in the right.

The whole situation makes me want to bang my head against a wall repeatedly.

Soldato
Not my video but:

I've said it before and I'll say it again a LOT of drivers are ignorant of the update(s) to rule 134 even if they should be aware, and the way it was changed hasn't helped as unlike other changes it has been done relatively quietly. While there will always be some who don't care without some kind of national awareness program as to merge in turn and widespread use of proper signage to encourage it where appropriate a lot of people will still only see it as pushing in and react accordingly - I won't personally implement rule 134 into my driving and instead merge as per the natural merging point of the flow of traffic as otherwise it just causes more issues even if you are in the right.

The whole situation makes me want to bang my head against a wall repeatedly.
That guy was a nob in the 4x4. Merge in turn is something that works in theory but just doesn't hold up well in the real world imo, mainly due to the people like that. If you try and do it properly, someone often ends up 'policing by blocking both lanes.

Associate
Not really about bad driving, this. Just wanted to say...

My pet mini-grumble,
When folks are trying to be corteous and helpful by flashing lights to signal that you are giving right of way to another driver. Letting other drivers out of T junctions on to a main road for example.
It's all very nice and appreciated BUT.... Please don't just flash your lights for bareley a quarter of a millisecond. Keep in mind that filament bulbs take a finite time to heat up and illuminate. A fraction of a nanosecond attempt at flashing headlights bareley warms up the filament and just causes confusion to the other driver you are trying to be helpful to. (Me:;)). Flash for a second or two. Please?
Did that car just flash me out? Dunno. Best not move. Or maybe I blinked and missed something. I'm confused now.:D

Last edited:
Soldato
That guy was a nob in the 4x4. Merge in turn is something that works in theory but just doesn't hold up well in the real world imo, mainly due to the people like that. If you try and do it properly, someone often ends up 'policing by blocking both lanes.

Hold up. You're blaming the 4x4 for the failed Merge in Turn here?

Merge in turn doesnt hold up well in the real World mainly due to people like the MEGANE and NOT the 4x4 - your wholly incorrect here.

The 4x4 driver was wrong from the point of going onto the verge (about 0:32 in) and onwards but the Megane was the one that instigated the whole thing by moving over to block the lane well before the 4x4 even appeared (about 0:15 in). The Megane was already on the right-hand lane and only moved over to block people using the left lane properly.

Had the Megane allowed the completely legal and acceptable Merge in Turn, the incident would never have happened.

As I say - both drivers were idiots in various places through the clip but the entire incident was started by the Megane.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hold up. You're blaming the 4x4 for the failed Merge in Turn here?

Merge in turn doesnt hold up well in the real World mainly due to people like the MEGANE and NOT the 4x4 - your wholly incorrect here.

The 4x4 driver was wrong from the point of going onto the verge (about 0:32 in) and onwards but the Megane was the one that instigated the whole thing by moving over to block the lane well before the 4x4 even appeared (about 0:15 in). The Megane was already on the right-hand lane and only moved over to block people using the left lane properly.

Had the Megane allowed the completely legal and acceptable Merge in Turn, the incident would never have happened.

As I say - both drivers were idiots in various places through the clip but the entire incident was started by the Megane.
Didn't the 4x4 join the lane, then leave again to get ahead? I will confess I might have skipped the first few seconds :rolleyes: . Yea the megane pulling out is why it doesn't work, I suspect the red kist descended on the 4x4 driver after that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom