Zouma - bit of a ****

Man of Honour
Yeah schoolboy error, MU took the right approach with Greenwood, suspended from all activities pending investigation and then refuse to comment until investigation concluded.

Soldato
Was very surprised that Moyes played him last night. That's a very poor decision. I'd be telling Zouma he's never playing again, some club out there would still pay 15/20m for him, take a loss on him. Some things are bigger than football, can't imagine the players like being around him, just destroys unity and harmony in the squad.

Soldato
I'm not sure it was the right thing to do, it was just the calculated decision West Ham took. It may backfire with more negative PR as a result of that decision.

I think West Ham were wrong to have played him yesterday but I have some sympathy for them. They've invested £30m in a player and through no fault of their own they're expected not to play that player, weakening their ability to get results and possibly further impacting the club's finances. Although CL qualification is unlikely, they're in the mix for it right now and the difference between qualifying for the CL or EL is worth £40-50m and the difference between qualifying for the EL or no European football is worth £20-30m. It's far easier for Joe public to say they should suspend him or sack him than it is for West Ham to actually do. And while some West Ham fans will be saying they should now, give it a few months and there will be no sympathy for West Ham from their own fans if and when performances tail off.

Their hand may be forced depending on how much public outrage it causes, sponsors pulling sponsorship is a big one as well it may simply not be worth their while to keep him on, its all a calculation of course

Caporegime
KURT FINED

Kurt Zouma fined £250,000 as West Ham donate two weeks wages to animal charity & defender axed from squad after backlash
Meaningless, or are we to expect to see him at the food bank next week?

£125K per week? Really?

I walked away from following Top Flight football years ago,dropped into this forum to see what the discussion re this turd was, not surprised at all to see the sum he's on....

More fool the fans who pay for it tbh, until fans start voting with their pocket this won't change.

Anyway, wages are a different discussion, I hope he never plays top flight again having being exposed, of course though, he will because monetary value is more important than moral value in football.

Associate
Moyes looked like an idiot in the post match conference...

Reporter: "Do you think there was any moral obligation not to play Zouma tonight"

Moyes: "I dont understand the question".

The self avowed animal lover who thought the whole episode was awful couldnt quite connect all the dots.

Permabanned
How to you even start to formulate an apology statement for something like this, bet pr guys are pulling their hair out.

What can you even say that is even remotely believable? How to you stop yourself looking like a complete psycho and then face the world, your friends family etc. guess people like him don’t see what they have done as that bad, just normal behaviour but surely some self awareness?

fez

fez

Caporegime
OP
Guess people like him don’t see what they have done as that bad, just normal behaviour but surely some self awareness?

Do you think that people who do this sort of thing and then post it on the internet think that what they are doing is wrong?

He clearly doesn't think there is anything wrong with it and the fact he gets his kid involved is almost the worst part.

His apology was basicaly "I'm sorry you were offended".

He will have laughed this off. No punishment and he didn't even miss a game. This is why they think they are above everyone else and can get away with it... because they can.

Man of Honour
I don't want to see his face again tbh.

Get rid.

A perfectly understandable statement, I’m torn between my allegiance to WHU and my extreme hatred for those that are cruel to animals, all animals not just cats.
I won’t stop following the club but if I know for an absolute certainty that Zouma is starting a game then I’ll give it a miss rather than take the short ride on the Jubilee Line to Stratford.
The last time I was this torn about the club was when they almost signed Joey Barton, I think that I might well have abandoned them for my kid’s beloved Arsenal if that had gone through, I detest that **** with a vengeance.
Jeez, I may even have switched to Millwall, I could walk there in 25 minutes!

Back
Top Bottom