• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Caporegime
Nothing to do with higher fps

What I am saying is there are more shaders outputting at the same time on a 290X, that extra output has got to go somewhere.

It is not like overclocking a GPU where the core goes faster but the amount of info coming out per cycle remains the same so there is no need for extra VRAM providing it is fast enough.

More shaders on a gpu does not equal more vram usage as far as i know.

Soldato
So on 1920x1080 ..high settings , and the game screen blinks on and off ? didnt do that before ..when I was using a 760 4Gig MSI Card , and IF i get into the game its very sluggish with maybe 35fps

on 1440x900 high settings i get around 75 fps , no sluggishness and the game is very playable

Soldato
Having upgraded from one 670 to two, the game feels quite different. Although I thought it was smooth before, having a higher frame rate has made the experience a lot better. Some how the IQ has improved. :confused:

Soldato
My 24/7 settings in BF4 now giving mostly constant 60fps (vsync on) with only something like a cruise missile dipping my frames into the mid to high 50's..

q1IZtHd.jpg

0hNTKVi.jpg

I had CPU spikes again last night but then noticed that the CTE had downloaded a patch update.. after restarting the game the spikes had gone :)

Max VRAM with these settings is around 2.6GB and if Mantle would clear the VRAM after each round i reckon i could do full ultra as the build up of VRAM wouldnt be an issue. But hey both BF4 and Mantle are still in Beta :p

To be honest though i dont see a huge difference image wise with these settings and full ultra.

@Matt.. I changed to RenderDevice.FramePacingMethod 0 and after a good 6-7 rounds of testing it does seem like there is an extra few FPS to be had over RenderDevice.FramePacingMethod 2 :) Cheers for the tip :D

Btw RenderDevice.FramePacingMethod 1 is a stuttery mess and i learned not to change this in game last night as i saw my FPS hit 7 before the whole thing all froze up lol

On a side note.. with my clocks in sig and this warmer weather my GPU has seen 72c in temps. Not bad for an almost 2 year old Dual X 7950 :p

Soldato
OP
Odd!

Either way the CTE tonight was absolutely glorious. As luck would have it there was a few guys with 100ms+ pings and one guy that was near 300, no lag protection benefiting them, hit regs were brilliant

Caporegime
Odd!

Either way the CTE tonight was absolutely glorious. As luck would have it there was a few guys with 100ms+ pings and one guy that was near 300, no lag protection benefiting them, hit regs were brilliant

That's reassuring. I reinstalled windows but maybe ill have to download the CTE again as the main game was horrible when i played last night.

Soldato
OP
I noticed a new setting in cte as well (might be in the main game but haven't look in its setting for a while).

Mouse sensitivity settings for both infantry and vehicle rather then the one universal setting.

Back
Top Bottom