• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Caporegime
Ahh, in sure that will be addressed soon mate. My experience of mantle use is limited, 290 with my nephews 3570k, s cpu i had myself with sli 670s and it was poor, had to go to a 3770k which really helped.

Caporegime
Ahh, in sure that will be addressed soon mate. My experience of mantle use is limited, 290 with my nephews 3570k, s cpu i had myself with sli 670s and it was poor, had to go to a 3770k which really helped.

You tried it? What did you think and how long ago was it? I guess for single card it won't feel too much different.

Hey is Origin messing up for anyone? Reinstalled windows today and im trying to download BF4 expansion packs but it keeps coming up with a download error. :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Has it downloaded them but Battlelog saying the DLC needs to download then does nothing? If so come speak to uncle paul on origin and i'll sort you out (had exact same issue!)

BF3 is a noob-pocalypse just now, went 69-11 on Bizaar :D

Caporegime
Last edited:
Caporegime
You tried it? What did you think and how long ago was it? I guess for single card it won't feel too much different.

Hey is Origin messing up for anyone? Reinstalled windows today and im trying to download BF4 expansion packs but it keeps coming up with a download error. :mad:

Was a few months ago mate, and yes it felt pretty good. Not quite as smooth as on my 4770k and 780. But, the i5 was at stock and my i7 is at 4.5ghz. Id like to try the 290 in my setup, but tbh a 4770k isn't gonna be a bottleneck with that chip. My old i7 930 @4ghz would be a better chip to test with.

Soldato
Just having a little fiddle to see how high you can push the res scaling with 7970CF @Ultra/4xAA and it seems that 120% is about the limit before you run into VRAM trouble (on Shanghai at least), and I saw a peak of 2995GB.

Shame, because they have the grunt to push at least 150% maxed out with very good frames...

Wouldn't mind seeing what happens at actual resolutions, rather than just scaled.

Caporegime
Just having a little fiddle to see how high you can push the res scaling with 7970CF @Ultra/4xAA and it seems that 120% is about the limit before you run into VRAM trouble (on Shanghai at least), and I saw a peak of 2995GB.

Shame, because they have the grunt to push at least 150% maxed out with very good frames...

Wouldn't mind seeing what happens at actual resolutions, rather than just scaled.

Get a pair of 290's, you will never look back :)

Back
Top Bottom