Warning for all motherboard owners

Soldato
Would love to know if this is an asus or retailer problem for the future ?

ASUS don’t deal with RMA’s directly on most items and have one of the worst reputations for dealing with RMA’s in general within the industry. OCUK promote it’s warranty arrangements with ASUS as being superior to the normal retailer fiasco, this appears to be a case of OCUK not wanting to deal with an issue because they know ASUS will do the usual point and laugh routine despite the issue likely being a design choice by ASUS. In this case ASUS drags OCUK down to its level :(

Op as your relationship is with the retailer under UK law, then given the design flaw was obviously present from manufacture, if it’s responsible for your issue then your only legal recourse under the SOGA would be against the retailer. While it sucks, i’d be considering a 7 day letter to OCUK by now :(

Soldato
How has this dragged on so long, it seems you not that bothered allowing OCUK weeks at a time to respond?

Make no mistake, whilst I tend to be lenient on whether I decide to return something (see my recent missold ram and messed up stock AMD cooler issues), if I do decide something needs returning I dont mess about, if retailer doesnt cooperate they can expect a chargeback or legal challenge. End of the day its a commercial transaction nothing more.

Soldato
The biggest concern I’m seeing from this is how OCUK have conducted themselves during all of this. After seeing this would would now think twice before any large purchases.

Soldato
The biggest concern I’m seeing from this is how OCUK have conducted themselves during all of this. After seeing this would would now think twice before any large purchases.

Very concerning indeed. The fact the thread hasn't been closed and referred to customer service is also interesting.

It's certainly made me think about where to buy my next large purchase from. And it certainly won't be based on an ASUS board.

Caporegime
OP, I don't know what you're messing about with.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/returns

If the manufacturer is unable to return the items within 28 days, we will give you the option of a refund. Depending on the age of the items, the refund may include a deduction for the length of time you have used them (known as rescission).

You're due an instant resolution. Use it.

Caporegime
Finally resolved, overclockers just issued a full refund. Im glad its over and that their customer service worked out.

Sometimes people need reminding of their obligations. (Not that they were obliged to give a full refund, although given the duration of this episode, they've caused inconvenience which goes against the spirit of consumer legislation)

Soldato
Glad you got it sorted OP.
Ocuk have always been good on my experience.
If Asus are that funny about RMA then then maybe they should drop the brand entirely, there are plenty other manufacturers.

It's not a burden they should be passing off to customers.

Soldato
Finally resolved, overclockers just issued a full refund. Im glad its over and that their customer service worked out.

Thanks for the update. Glad you got a result.

Now that's sorted, I wonder what the policy regarding this from Asus actually is, going forward. Right now I'm like "buy with utmost caution".

Soldato
Buy a gigabyte board instead? :)

Yup. I've used Gigabyte, MSI, even Biostar in the past (as well as Asus). Maybe next time I'll go for an ASRock just because I've never had one, or built with one. I will definitely inspect the stand-off rims very carefully regardless of brand. :)

Soldato
Thanks for the update. Glad you got a result.

Now that's sorted, I wonder what the policy regarding this from Asus actually is, going forward. Right now I'm like "buy with utmost caution".

With a few minor exceptions, ASUS RMA’s are basically a joke, they look for any reason to decline them, they generally take forever and the crap you get back may or may not be usable/working. Do yourself a favour and buy from MSI/Gigabyte/Asrock or indeed pretty much anyone else would be my advice.

Back
Top Bottom