**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S20 Family Thread ****

Associate
15% off all S20s....

Enjoy a whole weekend of savings!

Indulge yourself with the tech you’ll love this weekend! For four days only, get 15% off the best of Galaxy including the latest smartphones, wearables and tablets. But the weekend always goes too fast, so don’t miss out on owning your dream device.

Plus receive 50% off Samsung Care+ Insurance when you purchase a qualifying device*.

Take advantage of 15% off today. Enter coupon code SAMSUNG15 at checkout.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/offer/

Associate
15% off all S20s....

Enjoy a whole weekend of savings!

Indulge yourself with the tech you’ll love this weekend! For four days only, get 15% off the best of Galaxy including the latest smartphones, wearables and tablets. But the weekend always goes too fast, so don’t miss out on owning your dream device.

Plus receive 50% off Samsung Care+ Insurance when you purchase a qualifying device*.

Take advantage of 15% off today. Enter coupon code SAMSUNG15 at checkout.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/offer/

Sounds good but they've reduced the price of the trade in value of my s9+ from 350 quid to 200 ! the ******** ! so works out the same.

Associate
My opinion is that the whole s20 launch has been a total mess and I would be mad to swap my note 9 for one.

I’ve just seen this deal and ordered the s20 ultra :rolleyes:

Hopefully firmware updates sort it all out...

Associate
My opinion is that the whole s20 launch has been a total mess and I would be mad to swap my note 9 for one.

TBH i loved my note 9. but i am still very happy with my s20 ultra. i still smile while using it the speed of it for my use is amazing ly fast and that screen is so nice lol. the only things i miss is the lack of a notification light which is now sorted with a addon. and the pen. although i must admit while i had the note 9 i hardly used it now i don`t have it i want to use it lol.

Soldato

I'm not sure a firmware update can resolve the issues. Exynos can't be 'fixed' with a firmware update and based on there still being camera focus issues after firmware updates, I firmly believe that the issues are coming from the pure physics of having a 108mp sensor.

Associate
I'm not sure a firmware update can resolve the issues. Exynos can't be 'fixed' with a firmware update and based on there still being camera focus issues after firmware updates, I firmly believe that the issues are coming from the pure physics of having a 108mp sensor.

I am pretty sure i read that "it might not be possible to be fixed" was not firm no it cant be fixed in what any of the websites say and those remarks are pulled from user comments on a Korean forum. (according to Sammobile)

Associate
You are probably right. I signed up to the upgrade plan so can do that after 12 months anyway I suppose

you can also send it back with 28 days. I’m going to order the S20 plus in the upgrade scheme myself.i think I would have preferred the one plus one pro 8 but I don’t want to pay the whole fee upfront
£30 a month for the phone and option to upgrade after 12. I this and £20 for 100gb data with EE isn’t bad deal as contracts now days are over £60 if you want a lot of data with new phone

Soldato
you can also send it back with 28 days. I’m going to order the S20 plus in the upgrade scheme myself.i think I would have preferred the one plus one pro 8 but I don’t want to pay the whole fee upfront
£30 a month for the phone and option to upgrade after 12. I this and £20 for 100gb data with EE isn’t bad deal as contracts now days are over £60 if you want a lot of data with new phone
You could possibly order the OP8P from Amazon and pay over 5 months if that is of any use. Also possibly PayPal credit if ordering direct from OnePlus. Finance wise neither are as long term as Samsung but still avoids that initial hit.

Associate
You could possibly order the OP8P from Amazon and pay over 5 months if that is of any use. Also possibly PayPal credit if ordering direct from OnePlus. Finance wise neither are as long term as Samsung but still avoids that initial hit.

Thank you, it does make it easier. How long do you get to pay it off with PayPal credit? I have never used pay pal credit before. Do the one plus one phones hold their prices just as well? I have Samsung s3 watch not sure if it will work as well with the one plus one phone and the upgrade scheme sounds quite good from Samsung

Soldato
Thank you, it does make it easier. How long do you get to pay it off with PayPal credit? I have never used pay pal credit before. Do the one plus one phones hold their prices

I'm not sure everyone qualifies for PayPal credit but I could be wrong. In terms of resale, OP don't hold their prices at all well, which may or may not change with the 8 Pro.

Soldato
Thank you, it does make it easier. How long do you get to pay it off with PayPal credit? I have never used pay pal credit before. Do the one plus one phones hold their prices just as well? I have Samsung s3 watch not sure if it will work as well with the one plus one phone and the upgrade scheme sounds quite good from Samsung
PayPal credit as standard is 4 months interest free, you can go up 24 months but you would be charged interest then. The downside is you do need to apply for it much the same as a credit card but once you get it then you'll always have it.
OnePlus phones certainly don't have Apple levels of resale value but then again what phones do. The one thing that does help is that the RRP of OnePlus devices very rarely changes so that does help buoy the second hand market to an extent. Their depreciation is certainly no worse than Samsung.

Soldato
Their depreciation is certainly no worse than Samsung.

I disagree, unless you assume every Samsung buyer paid full RRP. Example: the s10e will recycle for about the same price as the OnePlus 7t Pro and the S10e has been out 8 or 9 months longer and has been available waaay below RRP on many occasions. Also not many recyclers will even buy a OnePlus phone, presumably because they see no value in doing so.

Associate
Thank you GMac. I would have preferred the light blue colour of the S20 plus but they didn’t have it in stock and would have preferred the one plus one pro 8 because of the better chip, battery and screen especially outdoors but Samsung has upgrade scheme and £25 a month 0% interest with option to upgrade every 12 months along with the fact I have s3 watch I chose to go Samsung route again.
Hopefully it will still be a good phone and deal isn’t too bad I think

Back
Top Bottom