1930s Semi Refurb - Part 11 of ... (Summer House)

Soldato
Just seen your roof postings below...

I was a bit "uneasy" about this too but its been pretty straight forward. I ordered these bits from plasticshub:
c2PN4oU.png

Then some polytop pins (Wickes stock them). Basically attach soffit, then attach fascia, use the joining bits/corners as required, then buzz the excess of with a multi tool so it fits level with roof. Done.

The rubber roof then comes with bits that cover the rubber once it is folded over the top of the fascia.

Edit: guttering I am not thinking about yet but have my Wickes basket ready.

Does that mean you need to buy both for the roof. Circa 1.3k? Oof.

Maybe I should have clenched harder when I bought the build pack haha some expensive gear but I suppose it's the main thing you want to work as intended.

Did you look at permaroof options also?

Soldato
OP

Maybe I should have clenched harder when I bought the build pack haha some expensive gear but I suppose it's the main thing you want to work as intended.

Yeah you need both. Caught me by surprise too as I hadn't budgeted anything for fascias, soffits, or cladding lol.

Edit: no I didn't check permaroof, I went straight to Rubber4roofs. I don't think the permaroof one is as "complete" as the R4Rs but that's just an anecdotal statement. I pinged a guy in the trade and he was impressed with what they sent me basically (he uses permaroof).

Last edited:
Soldato
There must be cheaper sources of the soffit and fascia boards. I see advertisements on Facebook all the time for a whole semi detached house soffit fascia and guttering replacement for £1000 all in Inc labour obviously.

Associate
Yeah you need both. Caught me by surprise too as I hadn't budgeted anything for fascias, soffits, or cladding lol.

Edit: no I didn't check permaroof, I went straight to Rubber4roofs. I don't think the permaroof one is as "complete" as the R4Rs but that's just an anecdotal statement. I pinged a guy in the trade and he was impressed with what they sent me basically (he uses permaroof).

I've used Permaroof for 4 roof areas now:

garage at approx 7.6m x 4.5m
Garden gym 6m x 3.5m
Garden room 8m x 3.6m
Extension 9m x 3.8m

Comes as complete kit, went with the thicker rubber option and straight forward to install.
Most times when you're emailed the quote, there is a 10-15% discount if you order within a particular timeframe.

Soldato
I've used Permaroof for 4 roof areas now:

garage at approx 7.6m x 4.5m
Garden gym 6m x 3.5m
Garden room 8m x 3.6m
Extension 9m x 3.8m

Comes as complete kit, went with the thicker rubber option and straight forward to install.
Most times when you're emailed the quote, there is a 10-15% discount if you order within a particular timeframe.

How much was the garden room one? Just to get a flavour of cost?

I presume the build pack tells you what roof bits to buy @dlockers ?

Associate
How much was the garden room one? Just to get a flavour of cost?

I presume the build pack tells you what roof bits to buy @dlockers ?
Here's a couple of prices for reference, these are the sizes after they add on approx 300mm:

Garage: £827 (year 2022)
Gym: £653 (year 2019)
Garden room: £685 (year 2023)
Extension: £767 (year 2024)

Yes, the build kit page adds everything you need once you've identified which edge is drip/trim etc.
Adds all glue, contact adhesive etc. All those prices included a 10-15% discount code on the email, which you have to quote to receive it when you place the order.
I've always asked for a fitting kit which they've always thrown in - it includes rollers, scissors etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I started on one roof, now over 4 areas and a wall -39 panels and counting (I'll top out at 48 it seems).
I might owe you a beer or a steak dinner...I need someone to give me some coaching on how to get my 13m workshop covered in them!

Edit: I need to find someone who can endorse the roof is strong enough though!

Last edited:
Associate
I might owe you a beer or a steak dinner...I need someone to give me some coaching on how to get my 13m workshop covered in them!

Edit: I need to find someone who can endorse the roof is strong enough though!
What kind of roof, flat/pitched?
Type of finish, felt/EPDM/corrugated sheets/tile/slate?
Do you know the span, size and centres of the beams?

Soldato
OP
What kind of roof, flat/pitched?
Type of finish, felt/EPDM/corrugated sheets/tile/slate?
Do you know the span, size and centres of the beams?
It's a pitched cement fibre roof supported by a wood frame at 2ft centers. The initial spam is 12ft but then the next ones are 10ft.

SoOt367.jpeg

dTFjats.jpeg

It's 3m width.

Associate
It's a pitched cement fibre roof supported by a wood frame at 2ft centers. The initial spam is 12ft but then the next ones are 10ft.

SoOt367.jpeg

dTFjats.jpeg

It's 3m width.
Are the roof areas East and West? Some serious potential if they are - possibly 10/11 panels per side in portrait position.
Only issues will be securing them down, it's likely mounted through ( special fixings) and sealed, nut always a potential weak/leak spot.
Don't think a ballast system would be suitable.

Back
Top Bottom