29 million Bulgarians and Romanians will gain the right to live and work unrestricted in our country

Permabanned
How does calling out someone, correctly, as a racist or bigot end the debate? Sounds like your care mad because you know I'm right, not any other reason. I have a degree in politics so I'm hardly ill educated on the subject and if someone can't defend their racism then calling then racist is hardly wrong.

What's the degree?

Soldato

UKIP are a far right extremist party that are simply the BNP with a calm attitude and a friendly smile in well tailored suits. Do not be duped by them. That blog post does not concede the salient point that the cost of living in Romania is far lower than it is in the UK. So the lower wages in Romania compared to the UK actually go a lot further than they would here. A lot further.

That blog, and the rest of UKIP's far right rhetoric is symptomatic of the central tenant of their party. Xenophobia. Immigration is their only policy which has any clarity and the only reason it resonates with the public here is in part due to the recession and also due to the inherent bigotry in a sizeable chunk of the UK electorate.

When times are tough in any country, the parties of the right start to prosper. People are looking for scapegoats, someone to take the blame and carry the cost. Who better than immigrants right ? Now I'm not saying that we don't have an immigration problem here in the UK because we do. However it's not on the scale that UKIP would like you to think it is. There are many more pressing matters in the UK than immigration, yet UKIP has no coherent arguments or solutions to any of them.

As for your comment about 'God help us !'. That's exactly the reaction UKIP want to illicit in the general public. That will win them votes. That is what they want.

Soldato
So if 22million of them decided to come over say 50k per day for a while would we let them all in? Would we bankrupt the country and collapse all our services? Would anyone (before it was too late) stop the flood

Soldato
UKIP are a far right extremist party that are simply the BNP with a calm attitude and a friendly smile in well tailored suits. Do not be duped by them. That blog post does not concede the salient point that the cost of living in Romania is far lower than it is in the UK. So the lower wages in Romania compared to the UK actually go a lot further than they would here. A lot further.

That blog, and the rest of UKIP's far right rhetoric is symptomatic of the central tenant of their party. Xenophobia. Immigration is their only policy which has any clarity and the only reason it resonates with the public here is in part due to the recession and also due to the inherent bigotry in a sizeable chunk of the UK electorate.

When times are tough in any country, the parties of the right start to prosper. People are looking for scapegoats, someone to take the blame and carry the cost. Who better than immigrants right ? Now I'm not saying that we don't have an immigration problem here in the UK because we do. However it's not on the scale that UKIP would like you to think it is. There are many more pressing matters in the UK than immigration, yet UKIP has no coherent arguments or solutions to any of them.

As for your comment about 'God help us !'. That's exactly the reaction UKIP want to illicit in the general public. That will win them votes. That is what they want.
Excellent post.

Soldato
Except that they'd just be moving here to live in relative poverty, whilst leaving their family and friends. And that's ignoring the cost of living analysis.

That link is truly ridiculous.

Have you been to London lately? they have been living in London for years, begging for money then taking it back home.
The BBC did a program about it all.

His says on his blog " My sisters are Romanian" if you can prove that's a lie please do and show him up.

Caporegime
Comparing capital cities:

Indices Difference Info
Consumer Prices in London are 110.55% higher than in Bucharest
Consumer Prices Including Rent in London are 180.55% higher than in Bucharest
Rent Prices in London are 423.45% higher than in Bucharest
Restaurant Prices in London are 142.45% higher than in Bucharest
Groceries Prices in London are 104.70% higher than in Bucharest
Local Purchasing Power in London is 92.02% higher than in Bucharest

So things tend to be at least half the price of London, with rent being massively cheaper.

Caporegime
So if 22million of them decided to come over say 50k per day for a while would we let them all in? Would we bankrupt the country and collapse all our services? Would anyone (before it was too late) stop the flood

the EU or whatever would likely start giving us fines or some BS

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
His says on his blog " My sisters are Romanian" if you can prove that's a lie please do and show him up.

Did I say he lied about it ? No I did not. I'm confused as to why you even mention this as it has nothing to do with my post. I also find the nationality of his siblings completely irrelevant to his party's policy on immigration, or indeed his blog post. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Did I say he lied about it ? No I did not. I'm confused as to why you even mention this as it has nothing to do with my post. I also find the nationality of his siblings completely irrelevant to his party's policy on immigration, or indeed his blog post. :rolleyes:

It showed he knew what he was on about. You just did a political bla bla bla.
Yes it's your opinion and you're in entitled to it but get that facts right at least.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/panorama/hi/front_page/newsid_9618000/9618038.stm

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom