29 million Bulgarians and Romanians will gain the right to live and work unrestricted in our country

Permabanned
People taking fillable jobs and sending their money back home are not a positive thing for economy

Do they not pay taxes, pay rent, buy food, buy clothes, use public transport, ad infinitum?

So some send a portion of their wages home, big deal, many people stuff a portion of their wages in a savings account.

Soldato
Comparing capital cities:

Indices Difference Info
Consumer Prices in London are 110.55% higher than in Bucharest
Consumer Prices Including Rent in London are 180.55% higher than in Bucharest
Rent Prices in London are 423.45% higher than in Bucharest
Restaurant Prices in London are 142.45% higher than in Bucharest
Groceries Prices in London are 104.70% higher than in Bucharest
Local Purchasing Power in London is 92.02% higher than in Bucharest

So things tend to be at least half the price of London, with rent being massively cheaper.

So all immigrants come from Bucharest and then all go to London?

I wonder how those stats would look for London compared to a few UK northern cities...

Soldato
Do they not pay taxes, pay rent, buy food, buy clothes, use public transport, ad infinitum?

So some send a portion of their wages home, big deal, many people stuff a portion of their wages in a savings account.

Those that you mention are necessities and are kept to a minimum to maximise the amount to send home instead of spending that surplus here.

A very large part of our economy is reliant on disposable income, eg the money left over AFTER the necessities are paid for. Since that disposable income is being sent out of the country then it's damaging that economy.

What Kwerk said about immigrants living 20 to a house in the states is also happening here too. I have friends who work in areas such as plumbing, electrical etc and they've all witnessed it at some point during their jobs.

At the end of the day we have a unskilled work shortage & a very large unskilled labour surplus. We should not be allowing the 'importation' of unskilled labour whilst we have such a work shortage.

Associate
We are all being taken for mugs and our children will be the ones to suffer. I'd love to have the Australian model where if you can't prove you've got the means to look after yourself, you don't even leave the airport, you are shipped back to where you came from. Will that happen here? Not on your life, our politicians are gutless self serving morons who care not a jot about anything other than padding their own nests

This !

Soldato
Yes they should. Boundaries are a human concept, which I think is rubbish. I don't want someone coming and living in my house, but that's a tiny part of the world. Feel free to come to our country everyone.

!

So the concepts of boundaries and territory are absolutely the sole preserve of human beings are they?

In his next post, dfirtychinchila explains that human beings are the only species to use tools, have sex for pleasure and that kill unnecessarily.

Soldato
Yes they should. Boundaries are a human concept, which I think is rubbish. I don't want someone coming and living in my house, but that's a tiny part of the world. Feel free to come to our country everyone.

Hah absolutely!!

Showing your true colours now "I don't mind people doing what they want, as long it doesn't affect me" your card is marked ;)

Soldato
So the concepts of boundaries and territory are absolutely the sole preserve of human beings are they?

In his next post, dfirtychinchila explains that human beings are the only species to use tools, have sex for pleasure and that kill unnecessarily.

Certainly not, but you're making a judgement based on the fact that they weren't born within your territory, which I think is ridiculous. I'm not suggesting that other animals don't do this, but nor do any other animals claim ownership of every little bit of the world.

Caporegime
So all immigrants come from Bucharest and then all go to London?

I wonder how those stats would look for London compared to a few UK northern cities...

Well I thought capital vs capital would be fair, as there is no way of knowing where immigrants will come from and where they will settle, but London is pretty popular on the whole.

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/comparison.jsp

Only does major cities though, so I picked Newcastle as NE England is the poorest according to stats.

Indices Difference Info
Consumer Prices in London are 22.22% higher than in Newcastle Upon Tyne
Consumer Prices Including Rent in London are 59.93% higher than in Newcastle Upon Tyne
Rent Prices in London are 180.85% higher than in Newcastle Upon Tyne
Restaurant Prices in London are 27.84% higher than in Newcastle Upon Tyne
Groceries Prices in London are 17.27% higher than in Newcastle Upon Tyne
Local Purchasing Power in London is 28.54% lower than in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Indices Difference Info
Consumer Prices in London are 109.45% higher than in Bucharest
Consumer Prices Including Rent in London are 179.11% higher than in Bucharest
Rent Prices in London are 420.94% higher than in Bucharest
Restaurant Prices in London are 141.16% higher than in Bucharest
Groceries Prices in London are 103.68% higher than in Bucharest
Local Purchasing Power in London is 91.98% higher than in Bucharest

Associate
We are all being taken for mugs and our children will be the ones to suffer. I'd love to have the Australian model where if you can't prove you've got the means to look after yourself, you don't even leave the airport, you are shipped back to where you came from. Will that happen here? Not on your life, our politicians are gutless self serving morons who care not a jot about anything other than padding their own nests

Do you realize that the UK has millions of citizens who would fail your test as they do not have the means to look after themselves? The failures of the immigration system are minute when compared to the failure of the benefits system.

If there are immigrants abusing the benefits system, that's because there is a benefit system prone to abuse. Entitlement culture is something immigrants never bring with them, it's an alien concept that the natives have mastered.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Do you believe our economies to be so divergent that this is the case?

what happens when Scotland gains independence and all the Scottish people keep commuting across the border for work! They will be taking all the money home and spending it all in Scotland ! I bet they won't even fill up their cars here! :D

Soldato

Hah absolutely!!

would you be willing to lower your standard of living to accommodate all these people? pay much higher tax, get a lower pension.... work longer hours for less..???

Back
Top Bottom