29 million Bulgarians and Romanians will gain the right to live and work unrestricted in our country

You might want to actually write something. :p

Rent in Swindon for example is less than or comparable to the North (you mention Manchester)

£20k a month is £1,368 a month after deductions...this leaves two thirds of your salary, even with other expenses you are still significantly better off than remaining on the dole. Even at £7.50 a week, you would still be better off, especially if you were a single person in shared accommodation.

And, once again...I DONT LIVE IN OR NEAR LONDON. I live in Wiltshire.

Last edited:
They can is long as the region has a lower cost of living.

Why? A higher cost of living, invariably comes with increased rates of pay...like the difference in supermarket pay between here (7.50 minimum) and Derby (Minimum wage).

It's just another unsupported excuse...and still doesn't answer the questions put to you.

Well if they give free training put them in the jobs thread here.
You never know someone may want some free training and a job.

I'm glad I got my family 2 other citizenships just in case.

It's not difficult to find them yourself. I wasn't aware there was even a thread for advertising job vacancies. In any case I am not a recruitment officer, nor am I looking to recruit anyone. If people really want the jobs then the Salisbury Journal and local Job Centre/recruitment agencies are or will be advertising or re advertising them in due course.

The point is that there are jobs available and not being filled, what suggestions do you or anyone who supports banning immigration have to fill them?

Lots of excuses why people living here don't want or don't do them, no real solutions to how to fill them though?

Last edited:
Why? A higher cost of living, invariably comes with increased rates of pay...like the difference in supermarket pay between here (7.50 minimum) and Derby (Minimum wage).

It's just another unsupported excuse...and still doesn't answer the questions put to you.

So depending on where you live the cost of living is different.

It's not difficult to find them yourself. I am not a recruitment officer. If people really want the jobs then the Salisbury Journal and local Job Centre/recruitment agencies are advertising them.

Why didn't you just say Salisbury? the population is going down there no wonder they can't find people.

That place is full of old people who buy flats they can't sell. I know this because a member here dad lives there.

At it's highest it was 46,000 lmfao.

Last edited:
Depending on where you live the job market is different.

Answer the question....what are your solutions?

There isn't one simple solution, we need to encourage employers to pay more and bring an end to benefits being an option.

Job security is also a major issue, agency staff are a prime example of this.

Why didn't you just say Salisbury? the population is going down there no wonder they can't find people.

That place is full of old people who buy flats they can't sell. I know this because a member dad lives there.

At it's highest it was 46,000 lmfao.

It also has plenty of unemployed young people, as well as being within 30-45 minutes travel time of several large conurbations such as Southampton, Bournemouth and Swindon.

The city itself has a population around 40k, and the district it is more than double that...and it is increasing...large house building projects are currently ongoing on the outskirts of the city as the districts population is set to increase by over 20% in the next two decades. It has increased by an average of 7% since 2008 and a further 11% increase predicted by 2026.

So your member Dad is out of touch it seems.

Last edited:
There isn't one simple solution, we need to encourage employers to pay more and bring an end to benefits being an option.

Job security is also a major issue, agency staff are a prime example of this.

So you suggest stopping benefits to force people to move? Employers already pay more in high demand areas, hence regional pay variations and cost of living.

So you have no solutions of your own, yet want to stop one of the few solutions currently available?

Why? Because the positives appear to outweigh the negatives thus far.

Last edited:
I think what should be remembered is that this was only a postponement from 2007, up until now Romanians and Bulgarians have needed a working visa and or a job to come to (within the UK). The marority of the people in question have been free to move to other EU countries since 2007 and have done so. The fact remains that a large percentage of the people who want to move have already done so. Bulgaria and Romania are far more worried about the "brain drain" of their own country.

It also has plenty of unemployed young people, as well as being within 30-45 minutes travel time of several large conurbations such as Southampton, Bournemouth and Swindon.

The city itself has a population around 40k, and the district it is near double that...and it is increasing...large house building projects are currently ongoing on the outskirts of the city.

So your member Dad is out of touch it seems.

Salisbury to Swindon on the train, 1h 46m, one change and £24 one way.

The people in your village wouldn't fill a football stadium :D:D

Get a grip you live in a small village where the unemployment will be high for the youngsters.

Now I know why your mrs company wants to move. You just should have said "I live on a big farm" :D

Salisbury to Swindon on the train, 1h 46m, one change and £24 one way.

Its 45 minutes in the car. Southampton 35 minutes (less by train, 30 minutes from centre to centre and £11 return).

I used to do it, to Bournemouth, Southampton and Swindon. People do it everyday.

Just more excuses being offered.

Last edited:
I'll set you some homework as an experiment.

Take a shed load of fivers, put them in an envelope and send them to Romania. Then explain to me how this was positive for the UK economy.

Will you then tell me why it's good that BT, Vodafone, etc, etc, have off-shored all their call centres to India... or why it's good that we import all our electronics from Korea, China, Taiwan...

If British companies can do it, if we can choose to do it, why shouldn't we let a few Bulgarians do it?

I think we're all afraid of losing our (relatively) luxurious lifestyles. But what right do we have to maintain an advantage in living standards? If the Bulgarian earns his fiver while working here legitimately, it's up to him where he spends it.

I certainly don't see *any* reason that the 'benefit chav' should have a house and TV paid for, and then deny some Bulgarian from earning min wage doing a job nobody here wants to do anyhow...

The benefit chav does nothing for the UK economy either. And they aren't some mythical problem that is overstated. There's tons of them.

The people in your village wouldn't fill a football stadium :D:D

Get a grip you live in a small village where the unemployment will be high for the youngsters.

Now I know why your mrs company wants to move. You just should have said "I live on a big farm" :D

And this is your argument...a silly childish retort. :rolleyes:

In any case, its a farm with jobs...and more to come with expansion on the A303 etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom